How to get a boyfriend advice, please

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2021 03:43 pm
I have been very unlucky in the boyfriend department. I've only had one boy ask me out in 7th grade(maybe 8th grade) but I turned him down because I was having a bad day and wasn't think clearly. But that is history as now I am 20 and still haven't had a boyfriend. I know there have been guys interested in me but never interested enough to ask me out. It is getting me down because I feel like I am falling behind in life. Covid has definitely not helped any. I'm scared to do online dating because you never really know who is on the other side of the screen. Any tips to help me out? What should I do? I should also mention that I'm really shy so I would have a hard time going up to guys and start talking or even asking them out.

maxdancona

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2021 07:03 pm
@Peaches20,
I would recommend you get over your fear of online dating. You will have lots of guys coming after you and wanting to talk to you. Even if none of them are interesting to you, you will get practice communicating.

Online dating is generally safe if you follow the precautions. Don't give out personal information right away. Talk with someone for a while. And then... meet in a public place. With covid, you can set up a zoom date (which is perfectly safe... the worse that can happen can be fixed quickly by simply turning off the app, and usually people are reasonably decent).

Outside of online dating, you have to go do things with other people. Try meetups, church, hobbies, whatever you are in to. If you are around men, one of them will show interest in you.

Of course... you can also ask a man out.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2021 07:45 pm
A lot of guys are shy too and might want to ask you out, but are unwilling to resist the sting of rejection, so don't. This is particularly a problem that very beautiful women have. Sometimes men don't ask very beautiful women out because they're intimidated. When I was dating, I always appreciated it when a girl gave me hints that she wanted me to ask her out. When I knew that there wasn't much chance of rejection, it was much easier to do.

If you want some particular guy to ask you out, give him "go ahead" signals. A hand on the arm is always good.
0 Replies

Medusax

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2021 11:39 am
@Peaches20,
I did not have my first until around that age, either, for many reasons. It will happen, trust me. I don't blame you for being reticent about online. You are CORRECT. You have NO IDEA who or what the person is, or their life situation. Men in serious relationships use those to find a "distraction". (I know, I had one of those). Anyway, you don't need to rush it. It will all fall in to place for you when it is time. I met my husband when a relationship was the furthest thing from my mind.
0 Replies