AmiB

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2020 05:31 pm
So I talked with my boyfriend about something that SHOULD be discussed BEFORE you have sex. Unplanned pregnancy. It happens to the most unlikely of people, the thing is they don’t talk beforehand about what they would do in the situation that an unplanned pregnancy did occur. I talked about it with my boyfriend last week, asking him what he would want to do if I got pregnant before we planned. We do want kids later on, but not for a few years still. And he explained to me that while he wants nothing more than to be a father, he wouldn’t want us to keep the baby if I got pregnant too early. I’m against abortion. Very strong prolife. I don’t think I have the right to the power to decide if an unborn child gets to live or not. I told him my view, he told me his. His view is that a baby isn’t really alive or a baby until it has brain activity. I told him to me it would be alive and a baby as soon as seeing the positive pregnancy test. In the end, he drew to the conclusion that if I get pregnant before we plan then I can be the last to make the decision on whether we keep the baby or not and that he wouldn’t hold it against me if I decided to keep the baby. I guess my question is, is it possible he just wanted to get off the subject or was he being genuine. He’s a real straightforward guy that has always meant everything he said. And for me...I could never have an abortion, but I wouldn’t want to force anything on him. I just...told him the effect it would have on me and he seemed to understand.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,039 • Replies: 2
No top replies

roger

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2020 08:07 pm
@AmiB,
From where I'm sitting, he sounds sincere. You are in a better position to judge than anyone here.
AmiB

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2020 08:47 pm
@roger,
Just wanted a guy’s opinion. Thanks!
0 Replies