Why would he sleep at his ex wifes house,what is really going on here?

katya07

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2018 02:47 pm
My older bf (46), told me(29) that this upcoming weekend we were not going to see each other because he was going to go back to the city where he lived before with his ex wife, and that he was going to do some things, like look for a ground (property) to build a house that his mom/him was interested in,, he is going to visit 2 friends, and was also going to go back to his Ex Wife home to look for some stuff that he still had there, (even though he has his storage over there) so I don’t even know why he still has some of his belongings wondering around in her house. And on top of that he will stay to sleep there.

Am I overreacting here or is this too much??. He asked me if i was alright with him sleeping in her house or not!, I answered that i trusted him(stupid me,now I feel like a fool, cause this is wrong!! I did not want drama so I decided to not say how I felt), but now i feel angry and impotent. We have 2 months together they got divorce 5 years ago. What should i do? He is in his mid 40s and she is 58.

I Really don’t want an older man to make me look like a fool, what is your advice? break up or talk straight forward to him. He has been really nice,kind and generous with me I don’t want to screw it up, but I also don't want to be taken as an idiot/fool.

Sturgis

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2018 02:54 pm
Trust him. Just trust that he is being honest with you. You're still early in the relationship so, the trusting matter is still new with you and him, together.

If it turns out he was not being truthful, you'll find out soon enough and can then end the relationship. And, you won't be the person who is made out to be a fool, that would be him for not being true to you and the possibility of a happy future.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2018 07:27 pm
Was there a reason you didn’t go with him?

I agree with Sturgis’ s advice, but it sure seems odd.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2018 09:10 am
@katya07,
Your boyfriend has a good relationship with his ex-wife. You should be pleased to know that. It is a sign of someone who is able to have good, stable, adult relationships.

He is treating you as a trusted adult as well. He has told you his plans. If I were you, I would be pleased by that sign that he considers you an adult.

If you don't think you can live up to his trust in you, break it off so that he can find a more compatible partner.

Stop fussing over every detail of your relationship. You've only been dating for a few months. Let it develop naturally. And stop thinking about everyone's age. It's only relevant in that you don't appear to be very mature for your age.

He treats you well (or so you keep posting) and shows you respect and trust. Do the same for him.
0 Replies