How The Gun Industry Funnels Tens Of Millions Of Dollars To The NRA

coldjoint

Mon 2 Apr, 2018 01:48 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
would hate to see you ask what shade of brown he was.

With his glaring double standards, he would not even consider it.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Mon 2 Apr, 2018 02:53 pm
@coldjoint,
What does it tell me? It tells me that the vast number of murders is where the vast number of people are. Duh. We are an urban nation. It also tells me that comparing a red state county with 50000 people with Zn urban county with 4million,where each countyh is tallied as one, produces totally bogus statistics.
farmerman

Mon 2 Apr, 2018 03:11 pm
@MontereyJack,
Many many more gun deths in places like Mt Katahdin.(The same rangers hve been on duty for tens of years without ANY murders. Whyz Mt Katahdin (Baxter State Park) shown in pink??

0 Replies

Abigail May

Mon 2 Apr, 2018 03:11 pm
what does scar me unto the United states is all of the guns in hosptials . very dificult to get the treatment do not want to be getting shotten
coldjoint

Mon 2 Apr, 2018 03:16 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
We are an urban nation

I see, people in rural areas are not citizens and should not be counted. Anything else you can say that is just as or more stupid than that?
0 Replies

Baldimo

Mon 2 Apr, 2018 03:19 pm
@Abigail May,
By law, the only people allowed to be armed in hospitals are police officers or licenced security guards.
Abigail May

Mon 2 Apr, 2018 03:25 pm
@Baldimo,
all the tv have gun in thre hosptal. i try to get treatnment they tell me a man was shot
coldjoint

Mon 2 Apr, 2018 03:30 pm
@Abigail May,
Quote:
all the tv have gun in thre hosptal. i try to get treatnment they tell me a man was shot

You must be one of the socks Finn speaks of,

Quote:
Answered Questions: 0

24 posts, including your last two, since July 2014. Anything else to add?
Abigail May

Mon 2 Apr, 2018 03:42 pm
@coldjoint,
i do not understnad what is you say?
coldjoint

Mon 2 Apr, 2018 03:45 pm
@Abigail May,
Quote:
i do not understnad what is you say?

That is not my problem.
0 Replies

Real Music

Tue 3 Apr, 2018 12:00 am
No, 2nd Amendment Doesn't Protect Assault Weapons

oralloy

Tue 3 Apr, 2018 12:03 am
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:
No, 2nd Amendment Doesn't Protect Assault Weapons

Wrong. Laws are only allowed to restrict a right if the restriction can be justified with a good reason. There is no justification for banning assault weapons.
Real Music

Tue 3 Apr, 2018 07:18 pm
Supreme Court Leaves Assault Weapons Ban Intact

by Pete Williams / Dec.07.2015 / 6:55 AM ET / Updated Dec.07.2015 / 7:45 AM ET

Quote:
The U.S. Supreme Court Monday handed a legal victory to advocates of banning firearms commonly known as assault weapons.

By leaving a suburban Chicago gun control law intact, the court gave a boost to efforts aimed at imposing such bans elsewhere, at a time of renewed interest in gun regulation after recent mass shootings.

Police say the attackers in San Bernardino used such weapons as did the gunman who attacked a Planned Parenthood clinic two weeks ago in Colorado.

The court declined to take up a challenge to a 2013 law passed in Highland Park, Illinois that bans the sale, purchase, or possession of semi-automatic weapons that can hold more than ten rounds in a single ammunition clip or magazine. It specifically includes certain rifles, including those resembling the AR-15 and AK-47 assault-style firearms.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/supreme-court-leaves-assault-weapons-ban-intact-n475421
0 Replies

Real Music

Tue 3 Apr, 2018 07:26 pm
Supreme Court shoots down gun cases, upholds ban
on assault weapons and open-carry

By Alex Swoyer - The Washington Times - Monday, November 27, 2017
Quote:
The Supreme Court announced Monday it had declined to hear two Second Amendment cases, leaving intact gun control laws in Maryland that restrict the types of weapons that can be bought, and in Florida that largely prevent gun owners from carrying their weapons in the open.

The justices denied both cases without comment, leaving in place lower-court rulings upholding the two laws.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/nov/27/scotus-upholds-ban-assault-weapons-open-carry/
Real Music

Tue 3 Apr, 2018 07:38 pm
U.S. Supreme Court Upholds San Francisco's Gun Regulations

by Tribune News Service | June 9, 2015
Quote:
The U.S. Supreme Court rejected efforts by gun owners and the National Rifle Association on Monday to halt San Francisco's enforcement of a 2007 ordinance requiring residents to keep handguns locked when stored at home.

http://www.governing.com/topics/public-justice-safety/tns-supreme-court-san-francisco-gun-ruling.html
0 Replies

Real Music

Tue 3 Apr, 2018 07:58 pm
Supreme Court won't block ban on guns' high-capacity magazines

Updated 6:44 am, Thursday, March 13, 2014
Quote:
The U.S. Supreme Court refused Wednesday to halt Sunnyvale's enforcement of a voter-approved ban on high-capacity gun magazines. The order signaled that San Francisco will also be allowed to enforce a virtually identical ordinance during court challenges.

Sunnyvale's measure, approved by 66 percent of its voters in November, prohibits possession of magazines carrying more than 10 cartridges.

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Supreme-Court-won-t-block-ban-on-guns-5312320.php
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Tue 3 Apr, 2018 08:15 pm
@oralloy,
Well, looking at RealMusic's follow-up posts to yours, it seems that once-again rhe coknservative-majority SCOTUS is calling BS on you, and what yoj post is revealed, as usual, as hyour opinion only, not fact. They decide what the law is. You don't.
oralloy

Tue 3 Apr, 2018 08:26 pm
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:
Supreme Court shoots down gun cases, upholds ban on assault weapons and open-carry

That's a bad headline on the part of the Washington Times. Refusing to hear a case is not upholding anything.

But it's true that currently we have only four votes on the Supreme Court in favor of upholding the Second Amendment.

However, note the ages of the following leftwing lunatics who are currently seated on the Supreme Court:
Ginsburg: 85
Kennedy: 81
Breyer: 79

Imagine the rulings that we'll get from the Supreme Court when it's Roberts, Thomas, Alito, Gorsuch, and three more Trump appointees, all arrayed against Sotomayor and Kagan.

We'll be getting a lot of 7 to 2 rulings in favor of upholding the Constitution once that happens.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 3 Apr, 2018 08:34 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Well, looking at RealMusic's follow-up posts to yours, it seems that once-again rhe coknservative-majority SCOTUS is calling BS on you,

No. It doesn't seem that way at all.

The Supreme Court is merely refusing to enforce the Constitution because it is polluted with liberal justices, and liberals hate the Constitution and everything it stands for.

Once Trump appoints replacements for three of the leftist extremists who are currently seated on the Supreme Court, it will begin to enforce the Constitution once again.

MontereyJack wrote:
and what yoj post is revealed, as usual, as hyour opinion only, not fact.

Nope. It is a fact that laws are only allowed to restrict a right if the restriction can be justified with a good reason. And it is a fact that there is no justification for banning assault weapons.

Just because liberals always deny reality doesn't make reality any less true.

MontereyJack wrote:
They decide what the law is. You don't.

Actually the people who wrote the Constitution decided what the law is.
MontereyJack

Tue 3 Apr, 2018 10:41 pm
@oralloy,
With 5 conservative on SCOTUS, and a continuing stream of allowing sensible gun control cases to stand, SCOTUS is realizing the invidious effects Heller has had on the country and is walking back some of its more odious effects. Shows why it is important to nurture the growing dissatisfaction with Trump, as relected in the electoral losses of people tring to ride on his coattails, so that the groundswell becomes a tsunami in November. Save liberty, vote Democratic.