Sun 25 Mar, 2018 07:44 pm
@Real Music,
Quote:
There is your answer.

about time.
Real Music

Sun 25 Mar, 2018 07:53 pm
@coldjoint,
I'm just happy that you are at least on topic. That is appreciated.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 25 Mar, 2018 09:51 pm
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:
By the way, Oralloy's last post on this thread is indeed on topic. Why can't you do the same?

I believe Coldjoint's point regarding Planned Parenthood funding is that the NRA's money is normal for a Washington lobby and is not worthy of being singled out as something out of the ordinary.
oralloy

Sun 25 Mar, 2018 09:52 pm
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:
I disagree with the question and the slogan that is printed on the internet meme image.
There's your answer.

What part of the question do you believe is incorrect?

That the KKK thinks African Americans should be disarmed?

Or that the NAACP thinks African Americans should be disarmed?
hightor

Mon 26 Mar, 2018 07:05 am
@coldjoint,
Quote:
The point is the NRA gets no tax payer money.

So what? You think they need it?
Quote:
Businesses can do what they wish with their money.

And many businesses and individuals contribute to Planned Parenthood, which has both private and public sources of funding. The organization supplies health services deemed worthy of taxpayer support.

https://www.istandwithpp.org/uploads/filer_public_thumbnails/filer_public/eb/c1/ebc161ef-8697-4d01-9bc0-622ba0e7faa5/how-federal-tax-dollars-support-planned-parenthood-patients.png__800x600_q75_subsampling-2.jpg

The NRA obviously doesn't provide any services remotely similar and instead serves as a lobbying group for a private industry, one which manufactures items that enable disturbed people to injure and kill others with the mere pull of a trigger.
coldjoint

Mon 26 Mar, 2018 11:56 am
@hightor,
Quote:
The organization supplies health services deemed worthy of taxpayer support.

The main purpose of PP is to abort babies, and the reason for those abortions can be as simple as the sex of the child. A viable life ended for that? Babies are also torn into pieces to extract them from the uterus, and now its proven they feel excruciating pain. The only thing I can relate it to is being drawn and quartered. A truly gruesome form of execution.

If you wish to support babies being killed because of what now is total irresponsibility, due the free birth control(on the taxpayers dime) go right ahead. I do not think they need any government money and the people voted Republicans in to stop it. Politicians lie, I do not care what party they are in.
hightor

Mon 26 Mar, 2018 12:27 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
The main purpose of PP is to abort babies...

That's not even remotely the case.
Quote:
... and now its proven they feel excruciating pain.

Pain is a subjective experience and cannot be measured. Functional neural development doesn't emerge until very late in a pregnancy and in these late term procedures the fetus is dead before being extracted.

If the right were so interested in minimizing the rate of abortion it would support contraception and family planning.
Quote:

If you wish to support babies being killed because of what now is total irresponsibility...

The people who decide to terminate a pregnancy are more responsible than people who reproduce without the means to raise children properly.
Quote:
...due the free birth control(on the taxpayers dime) go right ahead.

This doesn't even begin to make sense. If people are on "free birth control" they're not getting pregnant in the first place.
coldjoint

Mon 26 Mar, 2018 12:41 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
That's not even remotely the case.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Quote:
On top of her misleading suggestion that disqualifying Planned Parenthood from receiving taxpayer dollars is synonymous with cutting funding for healthcare services, no Planned Parenthood clinic provides mammograms, as Ms. Richards (at minimum) implied. As Planned Parenthood’s president, Ms. Richards must be well-aware that none of her nearly 800 clinics nationwide are even authorized to provide mammograms. Yet she deceptively chose mammograms as the first example of services that would be “lost” if Planned Parenthood lost federal funding.[/quote]

You are being lied to.
http://www.lifenews.com/2012/10/05/false-abortion-is-only-3-of-planned-parenthoods-services/
oralloy

Mon 26 Mar, 2018 12:50 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
So what? You think they need it?

They are certainly just as deserving of it as Planned Parenthood is.

And sure, the NRA could find good use for extra money.

hightor wrote:
The NRA obviously doesn't provide any services remotely similar

Yes they do. They protect our civil rights.

hightor wrote:
and instead serves as a lobbying group for a private industry,

No they don't.
0 Replies

hightor

Mon 26 Mar, 2018 02:26 pm
@coldjoint,
It's still not even remotely the case that providing abortions is the "main purpose" of PP. The mammogram issue is really not a big deal. While PP doesn't perform the procedure they do preliminary breast exams and educate women on breast care and health. By providing these services they can refer women to medical providers who offer the procedure and often secure them service at reduced rates. PP acts as a reproductive health clearing house which educates clients and helps them secure medical treatment elsewhere if they don't offer those services themselves.
coldjoint

Mon 26 Mar, 2018 02:38 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
The mammogram issue is really not a big deal.

It is clear you believe everything you are told about PP. Except what I tell you.
Why don't we leave it at that?
0 Replies

Real Music

Mon 26 Mar, 2018 07:51 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
What part of the question do you believe is incorrect?

That the KKK thinks African Americans should be disarmed?

Or that the NAACP thinks African Americans should be disarmed?

I have not found any resource or information that is specifically making either of these claims.
Real Music

Mon 26 Mar, 2018 08:37 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
I believe Coldjoint's point regarding Planned Parenthood funding is that the NRA's money is normal for a Washington lobby and is not worthy of being singled out as something out of the ordinary.

I have absolutely no fear about debating Planned Parenthood. I just might start a new thread on the topic of Planned Parenthood. The problem is once you start going off topic there will be no end to going off topic. The subject matter or topic of the thread will no longer be recognizable. I just prefer staying on topic. Here is a quote from the very beginning of this thread that sums up the reason I am singling out the NRA:

"While the NRA portrays itself as protecting the 'freedom' of individual gun owners, it's actually working to protect the freedom of the gun industry to manufacture and sell virtually any weapon or accessory."

I welcome anyone to join in the discussion. I have no problem with anyone who wishes to post disagreements or different opinions. This is an open forum for open discussions. All opinions are welcome.
coldjoint

Mon 26 Mar, 2018 08:46 pm
@Real Music,
Quote:
"While the NRA portrays itself as protecting the 'freedom' of individual gun owners, it's actually working to protect the freedom of the gun industry to manufacture and sell virtually any weapon or accessory."

Is there a market for them, there sure is. This is capitalism. And if you cared you would realize that if they are not made here they will be made someplace else.

Plus, if you do not repeal the 2nd amendment the Americans will still be able to buy them. I would rather see the money stay here.
Real Music

Mon 26 Mar, 2018 09:02 pm
@coldjoint,
If the NRA were to be more upfront and honest, I would be less critical.

The NRA is being deceptive when they claim that they are fighting to protect the freedom of individual gun owners.

The real truth is the NRA is fighting to protect the freedom of the gun industry to manufacture and sell virtually any weapon or accessory.
coldjoint

Mon 26 Mar, 2018 09:05 pm
@Real Music,
Quote:
of the gun industry to manufacture and sell virtually any weapon or accessory.

Why are you repeating yourself? Is it capitalism you don't like?
Real Music

Mon 26 Mar, 2018 09:17 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Why are you repeating yourself? Is it capitalism you don't like?

I never said I was against capitalism. The problem I have is the NRA continuing to make deceptive claims that they are fighting to protect the freedom of individual gun owners.
Real Music

Mon 26 Mar, 2018 09:23 pm
@coldjoint,
https://everytown.org/issue/background-checks/

Americans overwhelmingly support background checks. Surveys show that 93 percent of Americans—including 83 percent of gun owners and 72 percent of NRA members—support criminal background checks for all gun sales.

But under pressure from the gun lobby, Congress and most states have failed to close the deadly loopholes in the background check system.
coldjoint

Mon 26 Mar, 2018 09:23 pm
@Real Music,
Quote:
fighting to protect the freedom of individual gun owners.

Nonsense. It all works( them and business) for the 2nd, and the 2nd, itself, is that individual right.
Real Music

Mon 26 Mar, 2018 09:34 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Nonsense. It all works( them and business) for the 2nd, and the 2nd itself is that individual right.

Based on historical evidence one can say that the Gun industry and the NRA have much more concern about making money more than the concerns about the second amendment. There is nothing wrong with making money. Just be honest of that being your true goal. Stop deceiving people with the false argument of protecting the rights of gun owners and the second amendment.