How The Gun Industry Funnels Tens Of Millions Of Dollars To The NRA

oralloy

Mon 29 Apr, 2019 04:36 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
hmmm lets see, shootings, guns. WAAAAIT A MINIT, I may be dead wrong but I think mass shootings are somehow associated with guns..

So what? What does that have to do with anything?

Or were you just posting idle trivia?
farmerman

Tue 30 Apr, 2019 08:43 am
@oralloy,
Think a bit more rather than just reciting mantras. Does the AAA stand for the auto inductry? (AAA is anti mass transit, and they come out against any state reg that tries to promote saving gas.
oralloy

Tue 30 Apr, 2019 08:46 am
@farmerman,
I always think. And since I am intimately involved with the gun rights movement, I know what I'm talking about.

The gun manufacturers had no objection to banning pistol grips on rifles. They make just as much profit on their rifles regardless of whether a pistol grip is present.

The NRA acts in the interest of civil liberties, not in the interests of gun manufacturers.
farmerman

Tue 30 Apr, 2019 10:35 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
The NRA acts in the interest of civil liberties, not in the interests of gun manufacturers
The NRA acts in the interests ofthe NRA coffers and will todie up to whoever's heck is largest.

BTW , wht do you know about the NRA Foundation (which is the actual 501 3-(c), NRA itself is a 501-4-(c)
0 Replies

farmerman

Tue 30 Apr, 2019 10:38 am
@oralloy,
Ive been quiet avbout the pistol grips cause you are obsessed with trying to move the discussion away from the real issues of rapid fire and large cap and banana clips .Thats cause pistol grips makes the argument look silly and Ill keep reminding you even though you will just keep yapping the same **** over and over again.
As I said before, try some deeper thinking and not bumper sticker mantra spouting.
MontereyJack

Tue 30 Apr, 2019 10:44 am
@farmerman,
Hear hear.
0 Replies

revelette1

Tue 30 Apr, 2019 05:02 pm
University of North Carolina-Charlotte on lockdown after active shooter reported
oralloy

Tue 30 Apr, 2019 08:10 pm
@revelette1,
Oh well.

I'm tired of the left's reaction when I extend sympathy to shooting victims, so I think I'm all done doing that.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 30 Apr, 2019 08:11 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Ive been quiet about the pistol grips cause you are obsessed with trying to move the discussion away from the real issues of rapid fire and large cap and banana clips.

I'm addressing pistol grips on rifles because that is what the national debate is about. And when you condemn the NRA for opposing bans on pistol grips on rifles, you are in fact raising the issue of pistol grips on rifles.

If you want the conversation to be about ammo capacity and rapid fire, instead of complaining to me for addressing the national debate, you should complain to the gun control movement for ignoring ammo capacity and rapid fire and making the fight all about pistol grips.

You're blaming me for the gun control movement's choices here. And I am not responsible for the gun control movement's choices.

farmerman wrote:
Thats cause pistol grips makes the argument look silly

It doesn't make the argument merely look silly. It outright is silly. The only thing that banning pistol grips on rifles achieves is a pointless violation of people's civil liberties without any reason for it.

But that's actually the goal. The gun control movement isn't about saving lives or anything. They just think it's fun to violate people's civil liberties for no reason. So that's what they try to do.

farmerman wrote:
and Ill keep reminding you

You don't need to remind me that there is no reason for banning pistol grips on rifles. I say it ten times more often than you say it.

But since you realize that there is no reason to ban pistol grips on rifles, how about not throwing such a tantrum when the NRA protects pistol grips on rifles?

farmerman wrote:
even though you will just keep yapping the same **** over and over again.

Why does it bother leftists so much when I point out facts and reality?

farmerman wrote:
As I said before, try some deeper thinking and not bumper sticker mantra spouting.

I'm already the deepest thinker.
MontereyJack

Wed 1 May, 2019 01:01 pm
@oralloy,
The narional debate is about banningb assaullt style rifles. Anyone who thinkd its about banning pistol grips is ctazy.
oralloy

Wed 1 May, 2019 02:37 pm
@MontereyJack,
Now you're just being silly.

assault style rifle = rifle with a pistol grip

banning assault style rifles = banning rifles with pistol grips

Just admit that you don't care about saving lives and are only out to violate people's civil liberties for fun. Everyone can see through your pretenses.
Baldimo

Wed 1 May, 2019 02:56 pm
@MontereyJack,
That's the debate put forth by the anti-gun groups, using language that confuses non-gun people with scary words and definitions. There is no real gun debate going on because anti-gun groups won't debate with people who actually understand guns and the current laws.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Thu 2 May, 2019 06:38 am
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Wed 8 May, 2019 12:45 pm
@oralloy,
Another day . another school shooting. another dead student and 8 wounded 8 miles from columbine, another grieving community and you have the gall to say we're trying to stop the gun vuiolence "for fun". You're an idiot.
tsarstepan

Wed 8 May, 2019 01:05 pm
@MontereyJack,
I'm now channeling Republicans, who are mentally, spiritually, politically, and financially enslaved by the NRA, "Our thoughts and prayers to those...."
coldjoint

Wed 8 May, 2019 01:38 pm
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
I'm now channeling Republicans, who are mentally, spiritually, politically, and financially enslaved by the NRA

Like Democrats and Planned Parenthood. That leads significantly in the body count.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Wed 8 May, 2019 01:39 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Another day . another school shooting. another dead student and 8 wounded 8 miles from columbine, another grieving community and you have the gall to say we're trying to stop the gun vuiolence "for fun". You're an idiot.

So this shooting was done by 2 students, one male 18, and one female who is a minor, they used handguns.

What laws could be changed to prevent this type of shooting? Neither one of them is old enough to purchase a handgun in Colorado, so what's the answer? Take all the guns away?
MontereyJack

Wed 8 May, 2019 02:22 pm
@Baldimo,
Thats one way to do it.
Baldimo

Wed 8 May, 2019 02:40 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Thats one way to do it.

So the NRA is correct, anti-gun people want to remove guns from the US. It's good to know you are at least honest about it, to bad the rest of your ilk can't admit the same thing. They know it would lead to the DNC not winning any more elections.
MontereyJack

Wed 8 May, 2019 02:54 pm
@Baldimo,
Over generalize much do you? Im one person. Iseeno great good in guns in general euhhxcept for killing and i dont value that highly. Nut thats my opinion. You guys on the other hand condone murder annd refuse doing anything about it a d that is more true than your charges against gun conttrol advocstes.