Cavfancier in hospital

JPB

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2005 09:28 pm
I'm so sorry. He was much admired and loved, but then you know that. My thoughts are with you. {{{{Buttercup}}}}}
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2005 09:39 pm
I am so so sorry Buttercup for your loss.
I only can imagine what you're going through right
now. If there is anything we can do for you, please
let us know.

My heart goes out to you ((((((hugs))))))
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2005 09:40 pm
A brief collection for Buttercup culled from just a few pages of the 29 (10 posts per page) that come up with a search for posts by Cav that contain the word "Mrs." and the 45 pages that come up with a search for posts by Cav that contain the word "wife":

cavfancier wrote:
I was raised in a family of 'supermoms'. Smile I'm happy with my wife, she's pretty close.

cavfancier wrote:
panzade wrote:
So much for trying to ruffle Cav's feathers. I give up! It can't be done.

You also don't live with Mrs. cav. Believe me, I have learned much about not getting ruffled. She's like Yoda that way.

cavfancier wrote:
Best exchange of the day:

Bartender to Mrs. cav: "Do you smoke?"
Mrs. cav: "Sometimes, but I don't have any. Cookie monster smokes, you can ask him for one."
Bartender: "Cookie monster says his smokes are in your car."
Too funny....he got a smoke. One 4-minute break for the day, but of course, they were just "standing around doing nothing." Poor guys...

cavfancier wrote:
That is interesting LoveMyFamily. My wife is the same way, and I couldn't be happier. No subterfuge, no head games, I always know exactly where she stands on issues. I think I'd go insane living with a more traditional 'girly' type who expects one to be a mind reader.

cavfancier wrote:
My wife and I didn't do things quite traditionally. I proposed the day we were moving, with boxes all around us, and no furniture. I had however, bought the engagement ring, which I had custom-designed. For the wedding bands, we each paid for our own, as we were short on cash, but got matching ones. We also paid for our own wedding, and kept it very small, just under 30 people. It was wonderful.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2005 09:50 pm
Oh ho! Thanks for bringing back that Yoda memory, soz. I remember being quite tickled by it at the time.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2005 10:12 pm
God, I couldn't believe it! I think my signature says it all. Chef Paul was one of the best contributors on a2k; he had wit, intelligence, and humour. My wife and I were lucky enough to meet cav and his wife when we visited Toronto, and the special catered affair they did for us was something special I'll remember forever. I'll miss him dearly, and wish his wife and his family our condolence.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2005 10:59 pm
Buttercup, words are not enough, but they are all I have to offer. I am saddened by your loss and ours, and stunned that you have the strength to remember all of us in the midst of your own sorrow.
0 Replies

smog

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2005 11:09 pm
Yes, Buttercup, the fact that you took the time to tell us about Cav really means so much to all of us. You will be in all of our thoughts for a long time, I'm sure, and if you ever need any help with anything, we are more than willing, even if you just need a place to talk. And like everyone else here, I'm very sorry for your loss.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2005 11:32 pm
I went to the hospital today to check in with Cav, i never considered that i was going there to say goodbye; when i got there no-one could tell me where he was - i began getting very nervous, and eventually went down to reception where thay told me, and i realized that i had already said goodbye........

Buttercup i give you my deepest sympathy (and if there is any way i can help, you know how to reach me).

Cav uploaded himself to us, over the years; we all know him intimately, and some of us have been lucky enough to add the 'body language' and gleam in his eye to that 'picture'; and he is now 'in' us, as we were 'in' him.

I will deeply miss him.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2005 11:34 pm
Just arrived home and I'm lost for words - in shock.

I can say I'm a better person for having known Cav.

Prayers of comfort to you Mrs Cav and family.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2005 11:43 pm
Buttercup, Naomi, you have my deepest sympathies. You were a perfect match for Cav and he let us know about you in so many ways. Thank you for taking the time away from your own grief to tell us of Cav's passing.

He was one of the very special people here on A2K who brought life, meaning, intelligence and humor in a way that has made this such a special community. His life will aways be with us and we will always be grateful to have known him and to still have him in our best memories.

Soz, posting some of Cav's quotes was inspired and moving. Thank you.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 12:03 am
I am in shock. I really don't know what to say right now. I just can't believe he's really gone.

You'll have to give me a little time to compose myself. And my thoughts. He was very, very special.

Tears tonight, here and in Toronto, I'm sure.
0 Replies

gravy

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 12:18 am
Mrs. Cavfancier,
I am sorry to hear about your loss, the magnitude of which I can't fathom. Even with my limited access to the site and Cav, I feel fortunate in knowing (a tiny part of) a memorable and special person.

My sincere condolences.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 12:38 am
Naomi

This is so wrong, so unfair! It shouldn't have happened like this. Too soon, too soon ... & so young! Poor cav, with so much left to do, so many things still in the pipeline. Oh I'm so very sorry, Naomi. For you, especially & also for all of us here who will miss him so very much.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 01:02 am
I can't really express what I feel.

My sincere condolences.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 01:35 am
I dont know how to manage in such situations, but I liked him very much...
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 02:13 am
I'm deeply saddened by this news--and grateful to Buttercup for thinking of us and letting us know.

Deepest sympathies to his family and friends.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 03:06 am
Such terrible news, but thank you very much for bringin' it to us, Buttercup. Please accept my deepest condolences, and my sincerest wishes for a brighter future. We'll miss him very much, and remember him and his wit with great fondness. You had the wonderful fortune to be a huge part of his life; remember and celebrate the good times as soon as you can move away from the grief. I'm sure you know that's what he'd want.

If there's anything any of us might do, please just let us know. We'd love to see you back here on a regular basis when and if you feel up to it. There are lotsa shoulders here just waitin' to be cried on, and more hugs for you and yours than you can iagine.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 04:14 am
This cannot be happening. Cav can't go just like that...

I am gonna wake up and this will be a bad dream
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 04:33 am
The Prince just called me with the horrible news. It is hard to believe - I hadn't even seen this thread before and now it's all over for those wonderful cooking tips and pieces of musical banter...and so much more fun.

Mrs Cav has my deepest sympathies - what a tragedy. KP
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 06:34 am
Im typing this with tears in my eyes. I shall miss cavs special Point of view , his lyric style, and his wit. He was a gentle soul and Im glad I got to know him.
My deepest sympathy Buttercup.
0 Replies