Cavfancier in hospital

nimh

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 12:56 pm
Cav was one of the very best members of this here community. He added wit and kindness and a laid-back relativation where it was needed; he emanated a joy in life and good will to people. He made this place feel a bit like a home, or a kitchen, a cosier place, a place we would enjoy spending time in, as he did so obviously. He will be missed. My condolences, Buttercup. I wish you strength and comfort ... you already have the comfort of good memories. He was a good guy. Thats all one needs to be.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 01:04 pm
Now I will treasure those recipes and cooking tips I've downloaded from both the forums and PM's from Cav. I certainly will remember him every time I am using them in the kitchen. Buttercup should know he has left a legacy that will always make me think of him with happy thoughts. His thoughts on film were also indespensible.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 01:26 pm
I can only echo the sentiments given by so many. He was a good person and shall be missed.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 01:29 pm
Lola just contacted me to tell me about Cav's passing.

I am at a loss for words.

I'll miss him...as, I am sure, will everyone else who was touched by his wit and grace.

My sympathy to everyone in his family.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 03:59 pm
wit and grace are good words to describe Cav - so very sorry Buttercup/Naomi. He was very much loved, I hope people are now looking after you.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 04:02 pm
I just received this (local) notice from Naomi, and thought i would pass it along here for any 'within reach':

"For those of you who asked, the funeral [for Cavfancier
(Paul Jeffery Mesbur)], will be held tomorrow (Tuesday) at 2:30 PM at Benjamin's Memorial Chapel, 2401 Steeles Avenue West (at Dufferin). Shiva is being held Tuesday and Wednesday
at 1 Benvenuto Place, Apt. 522 (Avenue just north of Davenport).

In lieu of flowers, we would ask that you please make a donation to
either the Canadian Diabetes Association or the Canadian Liver
Foundation.

Thank you for all of your support and kind words and thoughts over
this past month. We are grateful to all of you.

Naomi"
0 Replies

Zane

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 04:18 pm
Cinnesthesia just told me the very sad news. This is terrible. I didn't know Cav well, but I know he was lively and friendly and such an integral part of A2K. It's hard to believe he's gone.

My sincere sympathies to the families.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 04:19 pm
I've just printed the wake thread to take along tomorrow.

I hope you'll be there Bo.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 04:35 pm
I got home this afternoon and discovered the sad news.
Cav joined A2K on 16 October, 2002, as member #22. He made almost 21,500 posts covering more than 2,100 pages.
I scanned through a bunch of them for ten or fifteen minutes. He was interested in and knowledgeable about a lot of stuff. He seemed to always display wit and good humor.
He will be deeply missed.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 04:40 pm
I spent today away from the computer and trying not to think about Cav. I woke up smiling at the snow out the window and then thought - hoped - his death was a rotten dream.

I wanted to say how much he loved his wife. Someone else has said it better than I could - it just eminated from him how much he loved you, Naomi.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 08:03 pm
I have been in a state of shock and disbelief since this morning when I read the news.

Naomi, thank you for letting us share a part of your wonderful man almost each and every day He loved you so much and I have never heard another man speak so tenderly about his wife and his love for you.

As Garth Brooks said...."I could have missed the pain, but I would have had to miss the dance" What a beautiful dance the two of you must have shared....

With much love to you and your families....
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 10:41 pm
Lady J, Your words are exactly how I feel. c.i.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 11:57 pm
I just learned of Cav's passing and I am stunned and at a loss for words.

My deepest sympathies
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2005 06:25 am
My thoughts are with you, Mrs Buttercup, I know what it is to be widowed... may you heal gently...
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2005 08:17 am
oh no.....I don't know what to say. He will be missed. My prayers are with you, Buttercup. Sending a hug over the computer. ((((Buttercup)))))
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2005 08:31 am
I miss him.

Naomi, from me and my wife, urs53, our deepest condolences.

Paul, Cav-dude, take care, and keep an eye on us, will ya!
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2005 09:34 am
ehBeth wrote:
I've just printed the wake thread to take along tomorrow.
I hope you'll be there Bo.

yes

[of course]
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2005 09:45 am
http://able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=46060&highlight=

in case anyone hadn't made the jump yet

I'm so glad you'll be there, Bo. We've got a lot of love to carry with us.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2005 10:03 am
I'd meet you there if I could.
0 Replies

NeoGuin

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2005 10:38 am
This is the 2nd time on A2K that someone I know posted a few times with me passed.

Amazing how attached we become to people we may never even see.

He'll be missed.

Of course, I'm sure heaven's got the web:)
0 Replies