Is the US concerned about nerve gas attacks in Great Britain?

oralloy

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2018 07:12 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
At the time that post was written, sanctions against Russia were sitting on Trump's desk for weeks

January 26, 2018: US imposes sanctions on several Russian officials over the conflict in Ukraine

http://apnews.com/5851a988c0c94d3eb6333e71c4a5ee69/US-hits-Ukraine-separatists,-Russia-officials-with-sanctions

http://www.rferl.org/a/russia-new-u-s-sanctions-ukraine/29000684.html
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2018 09:11 pm
@oralloy,
Skripal and his daughter were poisoned on March 4, PM May unveiled a series of measures on 14 March 2018 in retaliation for the poisoning attack.
oralloy

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2018 09:15 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
I know. And Trump joined in with those retaliatory measures the very next day.

Page #2 of this thread:
https://able2know.org/topic/451046-2#post-6613962
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2018 05:57 am
Quote:
The nerve agent used to poison former spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia was delivered "in a liquid form", the Department for Environment says.

The Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) said a "very small amount" of the military grade Novichok nerve agent was used in the attack, with the substance delivered in a "liquid form".

It will be cleaned away with caustic agents and hoardings will go up in public places in the next few days for the clean-up to begin.

The nine sites affected include ambulance stations, Sergei Skripal's house, and various city centre locations, including Zizzi restaurant and the Mill pub, where the Skripals spent time on the day they fell ill.

Grass and stones will be removed from public areas around the Maltings shopping centre. All material taken away will be incinerated.

Nearly 200 military personnel will help with the work, which is expected to take a number of months.

A tenth site - a section of London Road cemetery - has now been reopened to the public after tests established it was not contaminated.

Defra's chief scientific adviser Ian Boyd said its approach was "based on the best scientific evidence and advice to ensure decontamination is carried out in a thorough and careful way".

"Our number one priority is making these sites safe for the public, so they can be returned to use for the people of Salisbury."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43798068
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2018 01:24 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

This, posted a month ago, has turned out to be inaccurate in all its elements.

The irony here is that Russia agreed to be the guarantor of the agreement the hapless Obama Kerry team negotiated a couple of years ago following Assad's first use of gas weapons.. Do you recall Obama's "Red Line" ... the one we watched Assad cross with no reaction whatever from him ? Odd that you didn't comment about that. Do you believe that Teresa has bigger "9%$@+ " than Obama?

I'm disappointed George, you didn't manage to work in 'deceptive rhetorical device', 'sophistry', 'tedious' or the usual snide disrespectful comments about The Justice Department, FBI or the State Department. And really now, you couldn't work in a few insults about Hillary Clinton?

So you don't appear to think the chemical attack against the citizens of Great Britain is much of a story? So what was it, a kind of 'better them than me' vein,,,,,now ain't that something.

Frankly I find it stunning that a man with previous Military Service doesn't have a better grasp of Russia and Russian goals. You can't possibly be unaware of the various schemes the Russians have hatched. Can you??? I'm not suggesting you run around screaming about the red menace like that drunk Sen. McCarthy. I spent 32 years working for DOD and have had assignments in our sister agencies around D.C. and Virginia....so maybe it's hard for me to accept that a veteran could be so sympathetic to hostile governments while carping about other American's political party. I'm an American first and I've served many administrations. Think about that while you invalidate everything that ever happened before (taking your words here) that vulgarian Trump took office.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2018 01:46 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
I'm an American first and I've served many administrations.

Prove it.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2018 01:58 pm
@coldjoint,
I'd never thought, coldjoint, that you had such a great humour.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2018 02:01 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
I'd never thought, coldjoint, that you had such a great humour.

I never thought all that much about you. You have turned out to be an apologist for Islam and a Trump hater.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2018 02:19 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
I'm an American first and I've served many administrations.

Prove it.
[/quote

Awwwww dude, really??? I’m embarrassed for you.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2018 04:22 pm
@glitterbag,
Prove it. But you working for the government does prove there is a lot of waste in government.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2018 05:34 pm
@coldjoint,
Hang on skippy, you didn't double dog dare me. I can not respect another kid who can't speak in classic school yard. Now go away before I taunt you again.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2018 06:06 pm
@glitterbag,
gb, You're always good for a laugh, and it made my day! LOL
coldjoint

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2018 06:50 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
I taunt you again.

Classic irony. Your panties have been in a bunch since I came back. Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2018 06:51 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
gb, You're always good for a laugh,

Look how much you two have in common.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2018 06:23 am
@cicerone imposter,
RT faces seven new investigations into Salisbury poisoning coverage
Quote:
RT, the Kremlin-backed news channel that broadcasts in the UK, is facing seven new investigations into its coverage of the poisoning of Sergei and Yulia Skripal in Salisbury.

Ofcom said it had monitored RT intensively since the news became public and was now examining a number of instances in which the channel potentially breached broadcast laws on impartiality in its coverage of the story.

The UK broadcast regulator repeated that it could ultimately revoke the channel’s licence to operate in the UK following the conclusion of its investigation, forcing the channel off air.

“Since the events in Salisbury, we have observed a significant increase in the number of programmes broadcast that we consider warrant investigation as potential breaches of the broadcasting code,” said the regulator, which promised to publish its conclusion as soon as possible.

“Ultimately, we may decide that the licence should be revoked because the licensee is not fit and proper, on broadcasting compliance grounds.”
[...]
RT accused its critics of treating it as a political pawn. It said: “In one fell swoop they are doing away with any concept of press freedom in the UK”.

Ofcom said it considered the channel’s operator, TV Novosti, to be ultimately controlled by the Russian government and would take that into account when deciding whether the company was considered fit and proper to hold a UK broadcasting licence. It said it wanted any decision to be based on the news channel’s broadcasting output rather than ruling on who attempted to poison the Skripals.

RT has been found guilty of 15 breaches of the Ofcom code since 2012, which the British regulator says is not an unusually high number for a news channel. Most of the breaches related to a lack of impartiality regarding coverage of Russian foreign policy, especially the wars in Syria and Ukraine.
[...]
Following the Salisbury poisoning, the shadow chancellor, John McDonnell, said it was no longer appropriate for Labour MPs to appear on the network, because “what we’re seeing from Russia Today at times goes beyond objective journalism”.

The channel’s UK audience remains relatively small, reaching just 1% of British adults a week, according to Barb viewing figures. It does, however, have a substantial online following.

A spokesperson for RT said: “We are pleased to see that Ofcom has acknowledged RT’s compliance record has been in line with other broadcasters – putting to bed any of the salacious political statements and challenges made against our channel. Our editorial approach has not changed since the events in Salisbury, and we will be directly addressing this matter with the regulator.”

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2018 05:10 am
Quote:
British counter-terrorism police are reportedly trying to build a case against specific “persons of interest" who have returned to Russia in what could be a major breakthrough in the Salisbury poisoning of Sergei Skripal.

Searches of flight manifests in and out of the UK are believed to have yielded key names in the hunt for the would-be assassins, the Telegraph reported on Saturday.

Police have also drawn on extensive CCTV footage in the English market town, the newspaper said. The inquiry is expected to take "many" more months.

https://www.thenational.ae/world/europe/police-reportedly-identify-key-suspects-in-skripal-poisoning-1
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2018 11:32 am
https://creepingsharia.files.wordpress.com/2018/02/invasion.jpg?w=676&h=716

https://creepingsharia.wordpress.com/2018/04/17/ore-than-90-muslims-elections-usa/
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2018 02:48 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

So you don't appear to think the chemical attack against the citizens of Great Britain is much of a story? So what was it, a kind of 'better them than me' vein,,,,,now ain't that something.

I expressed no opinion at all about the recent Russian assassination in London. I believe it was merely the latest in a series of such actions by the current Russian government. I believe what got you off into yet another harpy-like outburst was my comment that the current administration has been far more effective in its responses to such actions than had been its predecessor.

glitterbag wrote:

... I spent 32 years working for DOD and have had assignments in our sister agencies around D.C. and Virginia....so maybe it's hard for me to accept that a veteran could be so sympathetic to hostile governments while carping about other American's political party.

I expressed no sympathy whatever to any hostile government. Again I merely noted the persistent ineffectiveness of Obama and Kerry - figures for whom you have expressed admiration.

Thanks for yet another recitation of your many years service in the various Defense bureaucracies. I'm not sure just what you suppose that might induce me to believe. Your neurotically compulsive behavior in this area, and the misplaced, sour aggression that accompanies your responses to anyone not suitably impressed by your posturing, have created a result you are likely to find disappointing.

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2018 03:31 pm
@georgeob1,
Nice to see you george. Long time no see!
georgeob1

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2018 03:34 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Glad to encounter you as well. How are you doing?