I did a really dumb thing

Eva

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 06:35 am
dlowan wrote:
Eva - yes - but ask gay men about how many of their women friends secretly want to "convert" them!....

ROTFLMAO...well, that wouldn't happen if they weren't so damned cute!!! Honestly, the best looking men I've known have been gay. It IS tempting... Laughing

One of my gay friends (a buddy, not a cute one though) and I once talked about this, and he got me laughing until I had tears in my eyes. He wanted to know why all the great looking men were straight.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 06:54 am
Perhaps your smitten friend took advantage of you, in your inebriated state? Any idea whose idea it was in the first place, or is it just too foggy & hard to recall?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 07:47 am
Kicky is my hero.

This is an awesome story... but in the larger social context, not for poor Kicky.

It does sound like the attention from your friend may have gone from cute to downright boundary-violating. Sorry you might lose your friend over this, but if it makes you this uncomfortable (and I understand that it does) you're going to have to lay down the law.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 08:15 am
Re: I did a really dumb thing
:wink:
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 08:20 am
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 08:23 am
:-?

Kicky can certainly defend himself, but I don't actually think this is too jokey. I dunno, I've really hated it when a guy I'm not interested in sexually but like as a friend gets in this mode.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 08:56 am
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 09:10 am
If this IS a hypothetical question-situation.. good tip KEEP YOUR HANDS TO YOURSELF. hehe

Oy,
Tequilla.. that is the devil in a glass. Hornyness in a bottle. Beauty in a shot. That sh!t is awful. Lotsa sex stories in this wolf's past that involve the to-kill-ya shots.
I have had people come back to me the next day ( after a kiss, or make out session ) claiming thier undying love. Usually, they are drunk again.
What I did was simply tell them.. Sorry man, I dont remember you? And if I have to dig through drunken images, you probally were not worth the lip service. Shocked !!!
As for a friend? hmm.. I know ALOT of gay men who push that " you are living a lie " crap on people they want to convert. You are right, it is the hardest verbal battle to fight. Truth can help, but with someone who seems completely turned on in the obsession.. it may hurt.
You can say the good ole' " Im not gay,. I was drunk" and leave it at that. Everytime he brings it up, say " You want me to remember WHAT? after HOW MANY drinks? !! " and make him sort of feel silly for askin?
Or .. as someone said.. put the ball in his court. State that your friendship will end if he doesnt quit.
Explain it with emotions... ( gay men dig that sh!t )
say, You are the only one who I felt comfortable enough to experiment with a kiss, ( or hug .. what ever happened) Im sorry that you think it was more. I should have told you what I was thinking before I did it. It wont happen again because i didnt like it. Sorry.
??
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 09:31 am
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 09:39 am
It IS strange isnt it...
I have heard that about Vodka too. It seems to provoke anger, fighting and other aggressive behaviors.???
So tequilla -sex
Vodka-fight
beer- ???
Laughing
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 09:45 am
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 09:57 am
Kicky
He is one friend IMO you can do without. Give him his walking papers.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 10:15 am
Kicky--

You were drunk. You were curious. In vino veritas.

Now you're sober and wishing it had never happened.

Tell your friend that you need time--lots of time--to think about what you've learned about yourself. You intend to do some private thinking--group therapy is not needed.

Then think. Evidently you're more complicated than you thought you were. Self analysis can be overdone. Self discovery is never wasted.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 10:18 am
I don't think it has to be a big deal, though -- that's part of what I thought was cool about the story. That he went ahead with it (in vino veritas or not), that he told the story here, and that what he's agonizing about is that his dumb friend won't lay off the subject already. He seems quite secure in his masculinity and heterosexuality.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 10:28 am
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 10:32 am
The guy may never be able to switch his feelings off now that the incident occurred. You may be forced to distance your friendship a bit.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 11:09 am
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 11:13 am
4-7 shots isn't that much booze, people.

Kicky, you're not listening to showtunes while tidying your living room today, are you?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 12:55 pm
I hate showtunes.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 12:58 pm
0 Replies