JPB

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 09:22 am
thanks, thanks, thanks on K's behalf for the kudos. She was very, very excited to get the news. She'll be close enough to take a train home but far enough away that she'll be on her own in the city.

In the meantime, she's started shopping for stuff to overhaul her room when she gets back. We made a deal with her last fall that we would convert her room to a guest room once she leaves but that she could be the designer/decorator and the primary first guest. She's got bedding picked out/purchased and on it's way here from FL. She has color schemes for the walls and ceilings and we'll be pulling up the carpeting and replacing it or not, depending on what we find underneath. We'll replace most of her furniture and she's contacted a local Pier One about a job when she returns. Can you say employee discount? Smile

It's good to hear her sounding so upbeat, particularly during the late wintertime.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 09:25 am
(you can say "employee discount" - just quietly - ssssssssh) :wink: Very Happy
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 08:10 am
HURRAH!!!! (whew!)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2316/2531285784_e52407e015.jpg
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 08:11 am
Congartulations!
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 08:13 am
There's a lot of happiness and energy in that photo! Congratulations.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 08:15 am
Congratulations JPB! That is a pretty little girl!

Glad to hear she is happy and doing well...
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 08:16 am
OH JPB - just how proud are you a?

and how proud we are of you and yours.

K is beautiful - she is a star - and just look at her shining there -

SO SO SO SO PROUD AND DELIGHTED FOR YOU ALL.

Especially your beautiful girl Very Happy
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 08:17 am
Yay!!!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 08:24 am
My oldest just graduated too.... b..b..b..b..b..but just barely. First thing wife and I did was check the diploma. Yes, it's real.

Here she is at this year's Swirl event. I don't have her pics from graduation online yet.

[img]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k51/cjhsa/private/h.jpg[/IMG]
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 08:27 am
Oh Cj - she is stunning too..... all these beautiful kids - and look at her smile - certainly the proud dad a? Good for your little girl and so glad the diploma was real :wink:

How lovely to see all you very proud parents. Hey, y'all gotta be doing something right.

Look at your children's smiles. Razz
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 08:31 am
Great photos, too! No wonder you're so proud of them!

Congratulations!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 09:05 am
Thanks, all!

Hey, cj -- Congrats to you and your daughter too.

It was brutally cold here yesterday. A freak cold front came through the night before and the outdoor graduation ceremony was held with temps in the upper 40s and howling winds (hence, the armor-all under most of the girls gowns.

They'll probably shoot me for posting this one, but here's one of M and K together after the ceremony.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3162/2531285792_d55f23f1c9.jpg
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 09:08 am
Aw, they're gorgeous!

They look a lot like their mom too, don't they?

(We had that freak cold front too -- Memorial Day was HOT so we'd changed out our down comforters and put on the air conditioning and everything -- then yesterday, back went the heat and back went the down comforters. My hands are still freezing as I type but supposed to warm up today.)
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 09:12 am
K looks more like me, but M has my height. Although they look enough alike that it's obvious they're sisters.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 09:13 am
Good looking kids, JB and Cjsha. I'd post some photos of my kids but then they might track me down and all that nasty child support business would surface.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 11:10 am
Congratulations, JPB and cj! Smile
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 11:51 am
gus and jes -- thank you both.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 11:52 am
Thank you one and all. Now, any suggestions on how I can get her to move out ? Laughing
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 11:57 am
shewolfnm wrote:
Crazielady420 wrote:
She's 14 and goes to church, you have nothing to worry about, if it is a church outing, nothing will happen .

Not true at all.
Teenage hormones take over where ever and when ever they have a chance.
We all know this, we were teenagers once too. Laughing
that is probally why JB is worried!
BUT.. the one good part is that there are LOTS of other people and LOTS of things to do. So, hopefully that will keep them busy.
Im not trying to rain on your parade JB.. I am just validating your fears.. and HOPEFULLY giving you some comfort in reminding you THERE ARE LOTS OF PEOPLE.. hehehe.. TOO MANY EYES.. TOO MANY ACTIVITIES..
:-)

ive seen threesomes in churches. then hung out with her her sisters and her family and the guy for hours just thinking, wow, if ur parents only knew.

psh you are naive if u think nothin goes down in churches, you know when the kids and teens do their own thing?

yeah, they arent doing what YOUR doing at church.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 11:59 am
What's the next step for both our graduates???????????????
0 Replies