sozobe

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 12:50 pm
@ehBeth,
Not really.

Just in terms of how things are laid out, and what we usually have.

I can rearrange though.

And outlaw refrigerator stuff I guess? Will figure it out. (The locust attack yesterday was on puddings and applesauce from the fridge, that I'd gotten for sozlet since she's on a mush diet until she adjusts to her new palate expander.)

The main hang-out place is her bedroom, which is quite nice as a hang-out place, but I don't think I'd want to put a mini-fridge in there.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 01:16 pm
We were a main after-school hangout for years. The food / snack thing got out of hand more than once, usually with the boys more than the girls. The designated shelf items or putting out on the table a set amount of items for them to share seemed to work. (bowl of cookies with 2 cookies each already counted out, or bowl of chips rather than having them grab the whole bag and go.)

JPB - What a year. Your baby off to college post brought a tear. That whole empty house feeling will fade as you learn to cook for two and devote more time to taking care of yourself and enjoy exploring your interests. I know it isn't easy, though.
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 01:19 pm
Besides, sometimes they come back.
squinney

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 01:27 pm
@George,
LOL! Yes, and, that can be good, too. Gives the parents a chance to ask to use THEIR car.
George

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 02:03 pm
@squinney,
Clothes appear; food disappears.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 02:31 pm
Oh that's a rant subject for me. I usually have plenty of "stuff" here for the
kids while at some other homes there is virtually nothing offered at all. There is one girlfriend of Jane I am thinking of, and when my daughter it at her house, she comes home completely famished. In turn, the minute said girlfriend sets foot in our house, she constantly pushes Jane to get food for her. Evil or Very Mad

I usually have a designated place where I have small packages of chips and cookies and when the basket is empty - that's it then! Same with drinks, there is only so
much available and afterwards the kitchen is closed.

I also coach Jane beforehand and tell her that everyone will receive a snack and
a drink and she shouldn't come back for more within another hour or two.
0 Replies