Why does the Bible Exist?

maxdancona

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2018 01:27 pm
Factually, there are religious nutjobs in England too. They just aren't as talented as our religious nutjobs.

https://www.genesisexpo.org.uk/
jerlands

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2018 01:28 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Factually, there are religious nutjobs in England too. They just aren't as talented as our religious nutjobs.

https://www.genesisexpo.org.uk/

You really are stupid aren't you.
maxdancona

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2018 01:34 pm
@jerlands,
I am just being patriotic Jerlands. I don't like it when Izzy trashes Americans like that.

America still dominates the world in biotech (in spite of any religious nutjobs in our country).
jerlands

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2018 01:39 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I am just being patriotic Jerlands. I don't like it when Izzy trashes Americans like that.

America still dominates the world in biotech (in spite of any religious nutjobs in our country).

Well you are stupid for making a false representation.
0 Replies

jerlands

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2018 01:41 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

You don't know how to be independently true do you? To you it's just a football game where you root for your side. That's your patriotism.
Glennn

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2018 02:03 pm
@Helloandgoodbye,
Quote:
who is ‘The king’ dictating right from wrong?

Hopefully not someone whose remedy for a rebellious kid is to throw rocks at them until they're dead. Of course, that goes without saying . . . for some of us.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2018 02:46 pm
@jerlands,
Or you could have said it correctly.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2018 02:53 pm
@maxdancona,
Buzz buzz buzz little fly desperate to be noticed. You'll attach yourself to anyone/any cause no matter how vile if I'm arguing against them/it. You are completely devoid of any principles whatsoever.

Every country has it's own religious nutters, we marginalise ours, you put yours centre stage.

There's no comparison and you know it.

Quote:
Around three in 10 Britons feel religious, it suggests, compared to 56 per cent of Americans.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/maps-and-graphics/most-religious-countries-in-the-world/<br />
Over here religious people are a minority, over there it's a majority. (If you find those figures a bit tricky, just ask a grown up to help you convert decimals into percentages.)
maxdancona

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2018 03:01 pm
@izzythepush,
Izzy, I was here first. You can either ignore me or not, but you can't bully me (no matter how much you hate women). You guys still have a Monarch and a state church. And, I don't know what you all were thinking when you stepped out of Europe and into irrelevancy. The US will weather our current nutcase.

The UK has always been a little backwards. Whether it is fundamentalism or feminism, you seem to be one step behind the US and striving to catch up.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2018 03:25 pm
@jerlands,
The most patriotic thing Max could do is pretend to be from a different country.
maxdancona

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2018 03:27 pm
@izzythepush,
God save the fuckin' Queen!

Now cheerio blokes. I got a got me sum fish and chips.
0 Replies

Helloandgoodbye

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2018 07:21 am
@jerlands,
Thx for starting this discussion, the first 11 pages were great.👍
maxdancona

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2018 06:19 pm
@Helloandgoodbye,
Still neither of you have explained how the words contained in the Bible have had any significant effect on Western Civilization. And you had 11 pages to do so.
TomTomBinks

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2018 07:34 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Around three in 10 Britons feel religious, it suggests, compared to 56 per cent of Americans.

Sounds like a good reason to move to England.
jerlands

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2018 08:17 pm

0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2018 08:31 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Still neither of you have explained how the words contained in the Bible have had any significant effect on Western Civilization. And you had 11 pages to do so.

God damn it, Max! You don't kick a man when he's down. If his god existed, there is no doubt that it would smite your ass from one end of this thread to the other for such a thing. And there is also no doubt that, come judgement day, you would be sent to the quadrant of Hell where acetylene is the fuel for the fire.

But since you've started the kicking, I would like to say to Hello': Thank you for your participation. I couldn't do this without you.
0 Replies

ekename

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2018 08:36 pm
@Helloandgoodbye,
Quote:
Just as believing in whales with legs, reptiles with feathers, and half monkey/man creatures. backwards thinking.

You are needed over on the Dinosaurs Never Existed thread.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2018 09:02 pm
@TomTomBinks,
TomTomBinks wrote:

Quote:

Sounds like a good reason to move to England.

England restricts religious freedom more than the US does, it makes sense that fewer people feel religious.
Glennn

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2018 09:11 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:

England restricts religious freedom more than the US does

God damn it, Max! You don't kick a country when it's down . . .
izzythepush

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2018 01:50 am
@Glennn,
Max invariably misses the point, Anti Semitism and Islamophobia run rampant in America and evangelical paedophiles run for Senate. Restricting hate merchants is a good thing.