Is The Trinity Doctrine A Bible Teaching?

anthony1312002

Reply Fri 18 May, 2018 08:04 am
@brianjakub,
Well, regarding the ability to think after the body dies run contrary to what the Psalmist was inspired to write at Psalm 146:3 which harmonizes beautifully with Ecclesiastes 9:5, 10

The thought process ends at death:
Psalm 146:3 states: "His spirit goes out, he returns to the ground; On that very day his thoughts perish.

Dead conscious of nothing:
Ecclesiastes 9:5 "For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all, nor do they have any more reward,* because all memory of them is forgotten.

Ecclesiastes 9:10 "Whatever your hand finds to do, do with all your might, for there is no work nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom in the Grave, where you are going.

Death likened to sleep:
1 Corinthians 15:6 "After that he appeared to more than 500 brothers at one time, most of whom are still with us, though some have fallen asleep in death.

1 Thessalonians 4:14, 15 "For if we have faith that Jesus died and rose again, so too God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep in death through Jesus. 15 For this is what we tell you by Jehovah’s* word, that we the living who survive to the presence of the Lord will in no way precede those who have fallen asleep in death;

Jesus compares death to sleep revealing that he has power to awaken one sleeping in death.
John 11:11-14 "After he said these things, he added: “Lazʹa·rus our friend has fallen asleep, but I am traveling there to awaken him.” 12 The disciples then said to him: “Lord, if he is sleeping, he will get well.” 13 Jesus, however, had spoken about his death. But they imagined he was speaking about taking rest in sleep. 14 Then Jesus said to them plainly: “Lazʹa·rus has died,
brianjakub

Reply Fri 18 May, 2018 09:01 am
@anthony1312002,
Quote:
Jesus compares death to sleep. . .
Because death and sleep are exactly the same to the mind. It can’t tell the difference between death and sleeping. In both cases the mind still exists but cannot operate in the physical world.

The difference between us and God is that His thoughts (ideas) can manipulate the physical world without a human body. That is how Gods ideas became physical matter when he spoke them into existence through Jesus Christ (The Living Word) during the creation of the universe.

Then the Living Word became flesh so He could intimately relate to us the way we need to be intimately related to which is, “in the flesh”. We cannot relate with the universe or each other without flesh but, God and the Living Word (which is now flesh also) can.
anthony1312002

Reply Fri 18 May, 2018 12:45 pm
@brianjakub,
What Scriptural text supports this?
brianjakub

Reply Fri 18 May, 2018 01:10 pm
@anthony1312002,
I covered a few points could you be more specific with your question?
anthony1312002

Reply Fri 18 May, 2018 03:01 pm
@brianjakub,
You made the point that death and sleep are the same to the mind. If I understand you, you are saying that their is a level of consciousness in death. Is this correct? And if so, what Scriptural texts do you site that show that the dead are indeed conscious in thought?
brianjakub

Reply Fri 18 May, 2018 03:22 pm
@anthony1312002,
I am saying the mind does not need a body to exist. It can exist in a body and express itself through a body but, if there is no body it still exists as if it were sleeping. How can a mind be sleeping when it is dead if it doen’t exist? We know the body is gone so what is sleeping?

Moses appeared at the transfiguration. His body died. Where was his mind during the time from his death to the transfiguration. He had a bodythere (for a while at least).

We are created in the image of God. His mind does not need a body of flesh to exist either. (But it has one now.) He can express himself through any atom in the universe (Including Jesus’ body of flesh) anytime He wants. God made it so we express ourselves through a few atoms in our brain. Thoase are the only atoms in the universe our mind can use to express itself. At the resurrection of the dead, all those sleeping but still existing minds will get a new group of atoms to express themselves through.
mark noble

Reply Sat 19 May, 2018 06:58 am
@brianjakub,
MASSIVE STATEMENT! 'We are created in the image of God'.
All you need do, Now, is define 'We'...?

When you figure it out............. eventually - You'll realise 'What' 'I AM' means.
namaste
brianjakub

Reply Mon 21 May, 2018 06:33 am
@mark noble,
Ok, What is your definition of "We"?
namaste
mark noble

Reply Mon 21 May, 2018 07:44 am
@brianjakub,
Everything.
namaste
brianjakub

Reply Mon 21 May, 2018 10:52 am
@mark noble,
Whats your definition of a person or I AM?

namaste
mark noble

Reply Tue 22 May, 2018 08:44 am
@brianjakub,
Person = Experience
I AM = The Source of all experience, manifest in individual minds

namaste
brianjakub

Reply Tue 22 May, 2018 05:24 pm
@mark noble,
Could I AM = The source of all that is experienced by our bodies and then manifested minds as understanding?
anthony1312002

Reply Fri 25 May, 2018 05:51 am
@brianjakub,
But your statement "the mind does not need the body to exist" runs into a bit of a problem when reviewed in the light of the Scriptures.

For example, the texts we've already considered; Psalm 146:4 deals with the thought process or consciousness ending at death. "in that day his thoughts perish

Yes, even the conscious mind ceases at death. This applies to all humans, thus removing any confusion about what happens at death. No wonder Jesus said at John 8:31 "If you remain in my word, you are really my disciples, 32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

How true Jesus words are.
brianjakub

Reply Fri 25 May, 2018 08:54 am
@brianjakub,
Could I AM = The source of all that is experienced by our bodies and then be manifested in our minds as understanding?

URL: https://able2know.org/reply/post-6648421
0 Replies

brianjakub

Reply Fri 25 May, 2018 09:34 am
@anthony1312002,
Quote:
Yes, even the conscious mind ceases at death. This applies to all humans, thus removing any confusion about what happens at death. No wonder Jesus said at John 8:31 "If you remain in my word, you are really my disciples, 32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
We exist because we started as an idea in the mind of God the Father. God's idea of us (an intelligent individual that is manifested through, our individual body, that was spoken into existence through Jesus Christ, The Living Word which, is God's body)is to be shared with others through our bodies. Our intelligence can only be detected by the world we live in as long as that body is alive. After the body dies the idea of our intelligence (everything it did and will do in the future after the resurrection of the dead) still exists in the mind of God the Father as a complete Idea. God's Words are always eternal even, if they are Words that at times are only in His mind and not in the physical world.

For example, the texts we've already considered; Psalm 146:4 deals with the thought process or consciousness ending at death. "in that day his thoughts perish

The thoughts perished from the natural world because the natural body is the only way the intelligence our soul contains can be revealed in the natural universe we live in now. But, since God's ideas (of an another individual with intelligence as a soul) are eternal, the soul sleeps (but still lives as in a dream) as an eternal idea in fellowship with the mind of God (If they are a believer that died in a sinless state of grace). (If that is not true they either exist in Purgatory or hell.)

So, since God's ideas are always real and, since His Ideas are turned into Living Words through His Body Jesus Christ, they then become something that can experience its own intelligent ideas as a person in the physical world and be experienced by other persons (whether they are humans, God or spirits). But since, God's Words are always eternal and always living, they must eternally exist somewhere as they wait for the second coming and the resurrection whether, it is:
1. In heaven in the mind of God.
2. In purgatory being prepared to enter into the perfect marriage with God.
3. In hell because that person chose to seperate from God.

Did I stay true to Jesus words?
anthony1312002

Reply Fri 25 May, 2018 12:50 pm
@brianjakub,
What in the Bible supports your statement that a persons thoughts perish from the natural world but continue on after death?
brianjakub

Reply Fri 25 May, 2018 01:17 pm
@anthony1312002,
Our thoughts originated as a thought in the mind of God and His thoughts are eternal. The physical universe was created for us to experience our thoughts as a separate physical entity from God. Without the physical separation that is acquired by our souls existing through and in physical bodies it would hard for us to tell the difference between out thoughts and any other spiritual being. (including Satan). That is why Satan was cast out of heaven and into the physical universe so he would be separated from God. That is why we were separated from God by receiving a physical body that leaves in the center of that universe that Satan is living in. That universe is a closed universe and like scripture says is a universe surrounded by flaming swords.

That is how someone in biblical times could best describe a multiverse, that was built for separation.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2018 12:43 pm
@brianjakub,
Are you asking if the 'source' is sentient?

Answer:
The 'source' is 'EVERYTHING'.
'EVERYTHING' is the "SOURCE".

EVERYTHING IS EVERYTHING

What is it you don't understand?

brianjakub

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2018 10:40 am
@mark noble,
Quote:
Are you asking if the 'source' is sentient

Yes. And is it a separate intelligent being from you and I? And are you and I separate intelligences? Can the answer to all those questions be yes while there is only one source of "intelligence" and "everything"?

mark noble

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2018 09:15 am
@brianjakub,
Firstly: namaste.

If sentience is -
EVERYTHING is sentient - We, Now, need Define 'Sentience'?

THERE IS NO separation (That's 'EGO')
Everything is Everything (EVERY THING IS COMPOSED OF EVERY THING)
A 'THING' 'IS' what it 'IS'.

EVERYTHING beyond you is WITHIN You and EVERYTHING WITHIN you is Beyond you.

You and I are 'two thoughts' of the same 'consciousness'. Is it intelligent?
We, Now, need Define 'Intelligence'?

The 'answer' to Any, and ALL, questions can be 'yes' - If you, firstly, understand what it is you ask.

Asking linear questions doesn't benefit 'non-linear' processes.