Patriotism: A Menace to Liberty

Debra Law

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 06:40 pm
"the madness of many for the gain of the few"
fishin' wrote:
It's interesting that in your other thread from this morning you rely on the words of the Founding Fathers for your arguments yet here you argue against the concept of patriotism that they embraced (see Federalist Paper #1, #2, #10, #46, Anti-Federalist paper #1, etc..).

Selective appeals to authority?

The thread, "the madness of many for the gain of the few;" the thread, "activist liberal judges;" and this thread are all consistent.

The party leaders preyed upon the fears, ignorance and prejudices (the madness) of the many to gain control. Because of the madness of the many, all of us are now subject to the "Reign of Hypocrisy." The thing we cherish the most -- LIBERTY -- is being chipped away into nonexistence. The mob is swayed into a crucifying frenzy whenever the party leaders scream out the buzz words and phrases: "national security," "war on terrorism," "patriotism," "activist liberal judges," "traditional marriage," "under God," "pro-life," etc.

The mob is filled with puppets -- and the members of the mob are so blind, ignorant, prejudiced, and holier-than-thou that they cannot see the strings that are attached nor the puppeteers who pull and manipulate those strings for the benefit of the few.

This country is filled with puppets and the loss of liberty is the price we must pay.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 06:41 pm
Does everything end up in Nazi Germany with you Frank?

At the time of their actions, Hitler was no longer an elected official, but a dictator that ruled by force. There is little to no comparison between what you are saying here and what this discussion is (was) about.

But to answer your query, yes. They should be written into the history books as patriots.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 06:42 pm
Loss of liberty... Where?
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 07:33 pm
take off your blinders
Quote:
The mob is filled with puppets -- and the members of the mob are so blind, ignorant, prejudiced, and holier-than-thou that they cannot see the strings that are attached nor the puppeteers who pull and manipulate those strings for the benefit of the few.

This country is filled with puppets and the loss of liberty is the price we must pay.

I just got done saying that members of the mob are BLIND . . . they cannot see . . . and what happens? McG comes along and proves my point:

McGentrix wrote:

Take off your blinders . . . or tap around with your white cane . . .
0 Replies

Instigate

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 07:48 pm
Re: take off your blinders
Debra_Law wrote:
Quote:

I just got done saying that members of the mob are BLIND . . . they cannot see . . . and what happens? McG comes along and proves my point:

McGentrix wrote:

Perhaps a more direct question will facilitate an answer. Is there something that you could do 4 years ago that you can no longer do under the Bush administration? Could you be specific about what freedoms have been lost?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 08:08 pm
I am interested to know what liberties you have lost, too. It is thrown out as if it's really happened--you actually say it's being chipped away into nonexistence!!

Can you at least point to a few chips?
And, what pray tell, is a "crucifying frenzy"?

I think you're overwrought. You'll feel better if you'll stop reading that weird tripe that passes for mainstream Democrat rhetoric.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 08:14 pm
Which is on a par and only on a par with mainstream republican rhetoric, anyone who believes either branch of the jingo yodel needs to sue the doc who did their lobotomy.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 08:22 pm
Actually, the Republican mainstream is sensible and not dotted with conspiracy theories, such as the Dem mainstream has embraced.

Our fringies are still on the fringes. The Dems are overpopulated with Micheal Moorists, Al Internet Inventin' Gorists and floaty head Pauly Shorists.

We have never organized a crucifying frenzy.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 08:24 pm
He he he.
We have never organized a crucifying frenzy
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 08:25 pm
Quote:

Yeah, that whole thing with Starr and Clinton was just the Republic at its best, I guess.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 08:26 pm
Debra_Law wrote:
Quote:

McGentrix wrote:

Well, I've tapped around a bit and I couldn't find any loss of liberty.

Perhaps you could shine your torch of justice and truth on the matter and point out where we have lost our liberty.

Perhaps you should find a new mob? One with fewer puppets?

<continues looking through the chips for some liberty>
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 08:36 pm
snood wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, that whole thing with Starr and Clinton was just the Republic at its best, I guess.

Nah. It was one dirty little man at his worst. We didn't organize a crucifying frenzy; people just kept tripping over Clinton's dick.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 08:45 pm
And, when will someone apologize for the High Tech Lynching of MY homie, THE HONORABLE Clarence Thomas???

Talk about a crucifixion! At least he was innocent.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 09:07 pm
dyslexia wrote:
Which is on a par and only on a par with mainstream republican rhetoric, anyone who believes either branch of the jingo yodel needs to sue the doc who did their lobotomy.

It's a given that everything that springs from my keyboard is sheer incisive brilliance....that said...this is the most sensible thing to be written on this entire thread. Hear hear dys.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 09:11 pm
My lobotomy was quite successful Bear, as I am sure you can plainly see.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 09:14 pm
personally I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy...but either or at this point.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 09:27 pm
Makers Mark, Rebel Yell or George Dickel?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 09:31 pm
dyslexia wrote:
Makers Mark, Rebel Yell or George Dickel?

Jose or Grey Goose is my preference when at home...however I do like Dickel and Rebel Yell and enjoy it when offered. Straight up with a water back please and thank you.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 10:31 pm
People hung up on Clinton's dick even yet. That was a lynching frenzy because the "liberal press" kept the stories at the forefront. In the past the press covered up sexual pacadillos by notables beginning with G Washington, all the way to the present. Trying to keep his dick in every conversation is lame.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 11:43 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Well, I've tapped around a bit and I couldn't find any loss of liberty.

You're telling a whopper. You have never tapped around in attempt to see that for which you are willfully blind.

Conduct a google search on loss of liberty -- you'll get thousands of hits. Conduct google searches and educate yourself on topics such as national security letters, free speech zones, check points, invasion of privacy, and the Patriot Act.

Visit the ACLU website -- educate yourself on the issues that are currently pending in the courts.

I cannot cure your blindness -- only you can do that.
0 Replies