SLUT!

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 07:19 pm
Oh goodie, this is getting into a kiss and tell phase.
Do carry on guys..... Mr. Green
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 07:49 pm
dlowan wrote:
Lol - well, mebbe with birth control and all, the whole stupid shebang wil disappear from the west in - oh - how long do these things take?

Especially with all these clever young guys promulgating its demise due to enlightened self-interest! Get OUT THERE guys - enlighten the mins!

Thing is, I think Kicky is being way naive in thinking these sorts of social changes happen with such deeply ingrained crap in a generation or two.

And - I definitely agree that women with poor self-esteem use this means to put each other down. Like stupid guys use "gay" or "homo" and stuff like that?????

It has certainly never been used by any women I have as friends - not since a brief thing when I was about 12, I think - I can recall girls calling others slut or frigid or some such crap at my school at about that age- no way to win, eh?

Let me get back into this. I agree with dlowan, on everything she said except the naive part. I never said that I thought this should have changed by now. All I said, basically, was that at this point, a generation or so later, the blame should not be put on men for this double standard.

And when you talk about self-policing, I think you're making my point for me. Women are now in control of their own fate on this one. It's no longer the man who makes these rules. In other words, women should shoulder most of the blame for this double standard from here on out!

Sorry, Jane, I'll get into the kiss and tell portion of the thread as soon as you admit that you agree with me. Smile
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 07:59 pm
Oh, that's blackmail kiky.

I'm flipping coins..... okay you won Mr. Green

I agree with you kiky: women are now in control of their
own fate. http://www.borge.diesal.de/schiel.gif

So now spill the beans kiky, but hurry up, I need to
go to a christmas party tonight.....
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 08:05 pm
I wish I had the time. Plus, I'm not much of a slut, to be honest. I'll tell a story later though, when I have time. Maybe it will be more interesting when you come back from your party, in your inebriated state.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 08:08 pm
Sluts are cool.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 08:11 pm
Hmmm - the "self-policing" stuff may be true where you are Kicky (and I am not denying it happens - as I said, we internalize this sort of **** - both genders) - in the great majority of countries it is not so - I would challenge you about even my own country. In my sort of group I think there is no double standard - amongst the kids I work with, many guys have a very toxic version indeed going - unbelievably ugly - I wanna hit them, frankly, when I hear the awful stuff they come out with.

And, amongst my previous Corrections clientele, (I always consider the majority of these folk's views as kind of representing the coarsest and most basic distillation of the worst of social mores), people like pack rapists, and just your general bad boy, would quite happily demonstrate their belief that a woman who was sexually active outside a committed relationship, or marriage, was "just a rag", who deserved anything they got - including rape, and pack rape.

These latter are extreme and skewed examples, of course - but the kids I work with now are often just unsophisticated and basic kind of poor people - they are not predominantly anti-social. Lots of them DON'T agree with this crap, of course thank god - and educated kids tend not to.

It presents an interesting ethical dilemma when working with the girls, BTW, since I work mainly with trauma and abuse - often sexual - a lot of the girls are acting out sexually - many having lots and lots of very casual sex with guys - so that raising that as an issue to do with their self-esteem, as well as assisiting them to deal with the fact that guys and girls are BOTH calling them sluts, and treating them as such, which very negatively impacts on their lives - without buying into the paradigm, takes some fancy footwork.

Actually, a number of discussions I have had with Canajuns and Americans leads me to think that OZ is more sexist than your countries, BTW - so I do find myself wondering if there is actually an experiential difference in our countries?????
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 08:26 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
My favorite, by far, was philanderer! Laughing

THAT is funny... I will now refer to my husband as NOTHING else. Laughing

OCCOM BILL wrote:
Men are simple creatures who too frequently let the little head tell the big head what to do. When young, we want sex and will do what it >>>>....................................<<<<< fun than that? Especially if you discover a homophobe!

( sorry.. wanted to shorten it.. I think you get the hint.. im quoting ya:lol: )

Now, that statement from a womans point of view. ( well, at least THIS woman's point of view ;-) )

Women are very manipulative in the sexual game. We know that with in 5 feet of us almost 24/7 there is a horny guy who will gladly take us where ever we want. Women know.. sometimes it is only on a subconscious level, that we hold the power when it comes to making the decision of who to have sex with. We also know that we are sex objects. DUH. Rolling Eyes That is why womens figures are everywhere..
( that is not an insult ladies.. it is a compliment ;-) )
I dont agree that men let thier little head run thier lives.... well.. not TOTALY. . I think that it is more of a shift in power that makes men so readily '' slutty''. A man who feels like it is HIS choice that a woman he finds attractive is sleeping with him will jump to it. We women know this.. there for we make you jump. > that is an example of how manipulative we are<

.................HAVING SAID THAT................

We as women hate each other for recognizing that sexual power in us. We hate that some other woman with the plastic heels and 2 inch leather skirt is doing JUST that to a man we had OUR eye on. We hate that when we walk down the street that sexual power is exploding all around us and it makes us feel like we are one step behind and ill prepared for the game.
When we see other men watching these women we hate them even more. We hate them because they are taking a power away from us that SOME women dont even realize they have.
( I dont like to keep using the words 'I' and "we" but bare with me as it helps me to make my point. )
Women are not arrogant.. well.. as a general rule they are not. individualy.. well. that is a diffrent story. So when we women see another woman who is attractive, well dressed, shapely, who is turning the heads of men, we jump to the conclusion that she is arrogant. To us , sexual power is a direct attack on us personaly.
I mean.. who else would be so bold as to show her tits like that??? COME ON!! Laughing

And somewhere.. in a place most unknown to all women we hear... slut
And there for.. she is. .. And we have just placed that word in motion again.. and again.. so no. I dont think it is always the men.

IN my ramblings, I hope that I made my point. ?? I am not saying all women behave like this. I am just being general for the sake of arguement.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 08:31 pm
I hear what you're saying, shewolf. You were one of the women, weren't you?

(the one showing the tits)

It's ok, shewolf...... let it out, girl..... let it out.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 08:37 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
It's ok, shewolf...... let it out, girl..... let it out.

If I did that you would have 2 black eyes.. Laughing
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 08:39 pm
There used to be a 'joke' that's actually a comment on the sexism inherent in language:

A slut is a women who sleeps with everyone.

A bitch is a women who sleeps with everyone but you.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 08:39 pm
I am ready and willing to have my eyes blackened. It's a small price to pay for healing a fellow member.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 08:41 pm
Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 12:38 am
Honey, I'm home!
Puh, back from a boring xmas party *hicks* and
kicky - once again - chickened out, gustav wants
2 black eyes for saving someone from becoming a
slut while everyone else is dreaming of being a slut
http://www.borge.diesal.de/schiel.gif
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 03:11 am
Hey, it's not chickening out if I just couldn't get to the computer because I was out chasing sluts, is it?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 04:57 am
You don't have to chase sluts.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 05:30 am
Kicky doesn't know that yet, Joe.

He still brings sluts flowers and candy and hopes to get lucky later.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 05:38 am
He's so sweet you just want to eat'm up.

Er.... uh.

Excuse me. I have to go see if the cats have crunchies in their bowls.

NO, I mean I have to go see if my basketball team really crunched New Orleans last night. Yeah...'

Joe (arrrghh) Nation
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 09:49 am
Well, well, from what I read Joe, you've been around
the block a couple of times yourself. Might want to
take kicky under your wings and show him a few pointers,
eh?

Someone's got to do it, and gustav is to slick for the job.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 10:17 am
kickycan wrote:
I wish I had the time. Plus, I'm not much of a slut, to be honest. I'll tell a story later though, when I have time. Maybe it will be more interesting when you come back from your party, in your inebriated state.

Waiting...

Slutty behavior now -- skirts up to here, f+ck-me shoes, revealing tops, going out at night, every night, racing around in hot cars, sleeping not only with everyone, including authority figures, but with everyone's bf, and talking about it in the afternoons as they're putting on makeup saying "What's wrong?" They like to get chased though -- they don't do it with everybody, just the best one around at the moment. But even some of the most shocking examples may grow up or at least say they wish for "fulfillment" -- the one love who will solve all things, I guess.

Slut notes from Dr. Zhivago -1965. (which I showed last night to a teeny, but appreciative audience) Young Lara is called a "slut" by the only man who had ever had her. The older Russian "proves" her sluttiness early on with a hot & heavy acquiesence scene. He "takes" her, then says, "See? You're a slut." Later, he gives her to Dr.Z. as a wedding present.
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 10:30 am
Inside every tramp.....there's a slut trying to get out :wink:
0 Replies