SLUT!

JustBrooke

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 03:43 pm
Men are studs ...... Women are sluts

Or so men say...........cause it's COOL when they sleep around....and NOT COOL when a woman does.

The word slut musta been started by the male species. And THAT'S ...Sexual Inequality in my book http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/heavens_just_a_kiss_away/129.gif
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 03:46 pm
justa_babbling_brooke wrote:
Men are studs ...... Women are sluts

Or so men say...........cause it's COOL when they sleep around....and NOT COOL when a woman does.

So dont these men ever wonder how they are getting ' so lucky?' I mean, they are not all sleeping with the same woman. A man cant get laid if there is no woman to lay.... Laughing
Hmm well that isnt ENTIRELY true.. but you see my point..
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 03:47 pm
Hey brooke.. where do you get those little faces??
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 04:06 pm
I think she gets them from little heads...
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 04:09 pm
Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 04:52 pm
cjhsa wrote:
I think she gets them from little heads...

Uh-huh. Twisted Evil

Shewolf?? .... I likeeeeeeeeee you!! Good minds think alike! hehe

As far as the smileys go.......I just snag em when I see ones I like. There's no "one" particular place. Some of them I have gotten off of a friend of mine from yahoo chat. If I find some good links I will be sure and give them to you!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 04:58 pm
So all you guys actually believe that it's men that keep perpetuating this double standard. I don't think so. Maybe back in the 1950s or something, when men ran everything with an iron fist, but so much has happened since then...women's lib, the sexual revolution of the 60s and 70s, the rise of political correctness (now that was definitely a woman's idea)...women are pretty much equal to men now when it comes to societal mores--maybe even more than equal. So, if the word "slut" still has such a bad connotation today, how can you say that it's the fault of men?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 05:01 pm
Hmmm - I have heard your argument a lot, Kicky - and I disagree.

I think that men's desire to have kids they knew you were their own began the whole process of chaining up women's sexuality - shored up by grossly sexist religions - like Islam and Christianity and Judaism.

And - I hear LOTS of young males grossly denigrating girls who will sleep with them. Look at graffiti gang culture, just as a starter.

Intelligent, educated guys do it a lot less, of course.

That being said, I think women have embraced this **** over the millenia - and I do hear lots of young woman perpetrating this awfulness on each other. Breaks me heart, actually - lots of women of my generation, and the one before us, having done all it could to destroy the double standard. (As have lots of intelligent women through history.)

Hearing that word makes my blood boil - but there are, sadly, much worse words used as well.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 05:07 pm
Actually, I think that all kinds of oppression is perpetrated by those it most hurts - like - before the sixties, black people in the US internalizing racism to the point of judging themselves better if less black - do you get what I mean?

Or the barbarous practice of female genital mutilation being clung to by the very women it mutilates, cos this is what defines a "nice" marriageable girl?

(Actually, with due terror at igniting that damned debate again, you also see men clinging to male genital mutilation in the same way!!!)

I do agree that the affected group often polices itself with great enthusiasm, once the mores are established.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 05:24 pm
Yes dlowan http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/liebe/pray4.gif
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 05:31 pm
Lol - well, mebbe with birth control and all, the whole stupid shebang wil disappear from the west in - oh - how long do these things take?

Especially with all these clever young guys promulgating its demise due to enlightened self-interest! Get OUT THERE guys - enlighten the mins!

Thing is, I think Kicky is being way naive in thinking these sorts of social changes happen with such deeply ingrained crap in a generation or two.

And - I definitely agree that women with poor self-esteem use this means to put each other down. Like stupid guys use "gay" or "homo" and stuff like that?????

It has certainly never been used by any women I have as friends - not since a brief thing when I was about 12, I think - I can recall girls calling others slut or frigid or some such crap at my school at about that age- no way to win, eh?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 05:34 pm
Brooke... i would LOVE it if you would share with me . Though.. I dontknow how to use them anyways???? Laughing

Kicky, you are right in the sence that there should be a point where enough is enough and you cant blame the past for the present.
But it is happening. Somewhere along the line the term slut and its meaning wove itself into the fabric of our society. How.. ahhh.. who knows.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 05:41 pm
Okay, while I'm thinking about what dlowan just said...here's a tip for shewolf.

Shewolf, you can go to Brooke's post, hit the "quote" button, and steal whatever little crazy emoticon she has in there, if you want.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 05:50 pm
Actually, my comment about the putdown **** guys use with each other made me think about just how much policing of sexuality goes on, eh?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 05:53 pm
Haha dlowan, if you keep up the pressure,
kiky will get an anxiety attack and become impotent.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 05:58 pm
CalamityJane wrote:
Haha dlowan, if you keep up the pressure,
kiky will get an anxiety attack and become impotent.

Whadd'ya mean BECOME????? Twisted Evil
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 06:08 pm
How do you know shewolf?
Is there something you're not telling us? http://www.borge.diesal.de/schiel.gif
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 06:32 pm
Oh, my gosh, he's got dishes, he's got a cat, there's a chance that he is

excuse me,, there is someone at my door.

j
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 06:34 pm
Shewolf made an excellent point about where do the partners come from. It cracks me up the way married people pretend, man and wife alike, that wife had so little experience before hubby... but hubby was quite the lady's man, heh, heh, heh. These days, I suspect the opposite is true, more often than not. I find the double standard absurd and in my lifetime have never believed it exists in practice.

Joe Nation wrote:
The only men I have heard called sluts were gay...
...We need to think of a descriptive word ..... predator?????
Over the 36 years I've been single, I've been called a slut, a stud, a lady's man... you name it. My favorite, by far, was philanderer! Laughing

Men are simple creatures who too frequently let the little head tell the big head what to do. When young, we want sex and will do what it takes to get it. In a lot of cases, that means marry. Now I know some happily married men who used to be pretty slutty, but most of the married men I know are the one who's conquests were few and far between in the single world. By contrast, women generally can have sex at will, so they make their life decisions with better criteria... or do they? Woman seem more likely to marry a man who is inadequate in the bedroom... and I've long suspected the reported, admitted cheater statistics are askew.

It is also a myth that a man won't be interested in a known slut... I've known decent guys who were doubly insulted when rejected by one (interesting to note, they're married, now Idea).

Dlowan, believe it or not, I agree with you on this one!... but I think our reasons for blaming men might be somewhat different. I think a man will hurl the insult, as often as not, simply because he can't get some from the object of his insult. Ladies too, will hurl the insult because they're jealous of the lady who doesn't follow the silly lie. On the other hand, I think many decent, intelligent women have learned to perpetuate the lie simply because so many men are so foolishly, unnecessarily and sometimes even violently jealous. Some things unknown are best left alone for the sake of harmony. A man will lie down his numbers too, if he believes the current object his desire would wish it so. But, alas, most woman are neither so childish nor naive for the lie to be necessary or effective. Conversely, a horny man can meet a woman at 2:00 a.m., in a bar, wearing a slinky dress and 5 inch clear plastic stilettos and will still happily believe that she never does things like this. It's just the nature of the beast.

Oh, and I disagree about calling men gay. I consider myself intelligent and I live to accuse my straight friends of being gay! What could be more fun than that? Especially if you discover a homophobe!
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 07:11 pm
In those long ago days when I was a predatory beast (definition- single)(I didn't mess around very much when I was in one of my marriages.) there was nothing I liked more than to meet a jealous husband, preferably unarmed. I got really good at sizing up who was happy and who was not, who would jump and who would not, who was a good girl and who wanted to be just a little bad. No sluts need apply, I was looking to share a little happiness and then, I admit it, be gone like the Lone Ranger.

What some of them wanted was to be desired instead of possessed. I panted like a maniac for them and they left flying on wings they'd never flown before. Some just wanted to be squeezed, to be held, to be hugged, to be backrubbed for ten minutes and then anything, anything was mine.

I took good notes.

I am the best husband in the world, there is no other horizon on the horizon for the woman who is with me now.

Tough nuggies, predatory beasts of the world, pass on by.

Joe (what I did for love) Nation
0 Replies