http://boston.com/dailynews/043/region/Voters_supporters_show_confide:.shtml
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 6,268 • Replies: 137
No top replies

mac11

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 03:35 pm
Whoops, should have found this one sooner. Now it says Page Not Found...
0 Replies

Violet Lake

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 03:36 pm
So far, he has my vote.
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 11:28 pm
I would like to like Mr. Kerry, but something about him seems insincere.

Oh well, the convention is more than a year away.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2003 01:08 pm
I agree with WilliamHenry.
0 Replies

Violet Lake

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2003 01:16 pm
Not any less sincere than Bush Jr. Most, if not all politicians are insincere to one degree or other. So are most, if not all people.

I respect the way Mr. Kerry defended himself recently against accusations that he's unpatriotic, or unamerican (or some other red-baiting nonsense).
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2003 10:27 pm
Violet Lake<

Because I said Mr. Kerry is insincere does not mean that I rule him out as a favorite.

By "insincere," I meant that as a "national" politician, he has still not defined his image or the issues. He has deferred to Dubya because of the war, and this deference may cause other Democrats to dismiss Mr.
Kerry as a candidate.

He's made a couple of off-hand "slaps" at Dubya but he hasn't struck pay dirt. Right now, Dubya is riding enormously favorable ratings in the polls.
Voters know now what they didn't know about him in 2000. That is, by November 2004, the country will understand that Dubya is sincere in his desire to serve another term.

At this early point in the race for the White House, it seems to me that Mr. Kerry is like a "walk-on" actor in the play. Were he to win the leading role, could he hold out until the finale?
0 Replies

Violet Lake

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2003 04:46 am
William, a few months ago I liked John Edwards, but he turned me off precisely because he deferred to Dubya and the pro war crowd.

Is there anyone else you're looking at?
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 12:28 am
Violet<

I think the candidacy of Howard Dean to be fascinating. It is way to early to judge, but Dean may be an excellent dark-horse.

The war in Iraq, you know, has slowed campaigning to a snail's pace, as though it is somehow unpatriotic to be a voter who needs to be informed on issues so an intelligent choice can be made.

The administration just assumes that Dubya will waltz his way into the White House again in 2005, this time courtesy of S. Hussein rather than the U.S. Supreme Court.
0 Replies

Violet Lake

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 05:36 am
Howard Dean does look interesting. I haven't made up my mind yet, but it promises to be an interesting & unique election.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 06:48 am
look for Gary Hart to enter the race within a month
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 08:05 am
Will do!
0 Replies

Violet Lake

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 08:41 am
Hart needs to clean up a little though... he's looking pretty scruffy lately... kinda like dyslexia's avatar Wink
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 08:49 am
got something against scruffy? huh do ya? well do ya?
0 Replies

Violet Lake

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 08:50 am
Laughing
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 09:39 am
What do you make of John Kerry's manipulation of the Irish voters in Mass. all these years? Seemingly small things like this are quite telling in what a politico will do to get votes.

He's been allowing the media to say he's Irish-American for decades, without telling the truth.
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 09:56 am
dyslexia<

I'm afraid Gary Hart is a political has-been whose well-pubicized extra-marital affair brought him many a raised eyebrow in Democrat circles. After Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky, Democrats want to keep that kind of dirty laundry out of the voters' eyes.

Also -- besides his appearance -- have you heard former Sen. Hart speak lately? I have and it was a real snoozeathon. Like many of us, Hart's former youthful energy has been replaced by the late middle-age lazies.
He's a real bore who would not do well with younger voters.

Violet Lake<

So good to see your violet avatar back in its rightful place. A real day-brightener on this Easter Sunday.
0 Replies

Violet Lake

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 10:34 pm
Sofia, that doesn't bother me too much... seems kinda minor compared to the peccadillos of other politicos.

I agree with William... Hart is a has-been.
0 Replies

Violet Lake

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2003 06:08 pm
William, not sure if you've seen this, but thought you might be interested:

Bush: It's Not Just His Doctrine That's Wrong
by Howard Dean

http://www.commondreams.org/views03/0417-07.htm
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2003 10:29 pm
Violet<

I found myself in agreement with most of what Dean wrote. Thank you for posting the link.

Here's one for you, albeit a bit more glitzy:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/4/17/hollywood.donors/index.html
0 Replies