Why I left the Democratic Party

Lash

Reply Wed 23 May, 2018 07:26 am
@maporsche,
Yeah. We’ve been seeing a string of hit pieces on Bernie in the last week. They’re trying to keep him out of the race, so showing their teeth.

But, it’s bullshit, of course. We’re spending our money, mobilized for war, winning elections, and there are more of us than are loyal to the two parties.

The problem is Trump’s increasing popularity.
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Wed 23 May, 2018 08:00 am
Well, I think you are both wrong. I think people just choose who like the best. Democrat turn out in KY was better than it was in 2016. Amy McGrath beat out Jim Gray of which I am glad.

Massive Democratic turnout in rural Kentucky propels progressive Amy McGrath to upset victory

I know in my district it was packed.

Edit: Trump poll numbers 54% disapprove 41% approve. RealClearPolitics
Lash

Reply Wed 23 May, 2018 08:20 am
@revelette1,
McGrath is an Our Revolution backed chick! She's an incredible person. So proud of her.
maporsche

Reply Wed 23 May, 2018 08:30 am
@revelette1,
I don't know what the article was wrong about.
Lash

Reply Wed 23 May, 2018 08:33 am
Some voters. Listen to them. They explain why, even though they don't like Trump, even though he's 'boorish', they voted for him.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/05/04/us/obama-trump-swing-voters.html

Excerpt:

We recently asked people who cast ballots for both Mr. Obama and Mr. Trump to describe how they felt about the president and the Democratic Party ahead of the midterms. In interviews with 38 voters in 14 states across four months, a clear pattern emerged. Voters said they did not like Mr. Trump as a person and did not consider themselves die-hard supporters. Some were even embarrassed by him.
But many were basically satisfied with his policies. The tax bill was mildly positive, they said. Several had a bit of extra money in their paycheck. They liked that he was trying to address illegal immigration. Only a few regretted their vote.

Voters said they still liked Mr. Obama and that they voted for Mr. Trump because they didn’t want to cast a ballot for Hillary Clinton. But they were still open to voting for Democrats — if the party could come up with the right candidates. For the most part, the midterm elections were not yet on their radars.
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Wed 23 May, 2018 09:47 am
@maporsche,
I am just saying I don't think progressive did too badly, at least not in KY. But what I mean by wrong, in my opinion, it may take time, but I think there is room in the party for both democrats and progressive liberal/democrats.
revelette1

Reply Wed 23 May, 2018 09:49 am
@Lash,
Who ran as a democrat.
Lash

Reply Wed 23 May, 2018 10:21 am
@revelette1,
Still two viable parties, at this date. She’s a progressive. I expect the progressives will grab the steering wheel of the party or once in office, switch to independent or Dem Soc.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 23 May, 2018 10:34 am
@revelette1,
A quote from your article:

“McGrath’s win in the district is a major upset. Gray was encouraged by the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) and began the race as a strong favorite.”

The new girl beat the ultra wealthy dinosaur. Doesn’t often happen. A new breeze blowing in America.
maporsche

Reply Wed 23 May, 2018 10:55 am
@revelette1,
I think that you and I agree that there is room.

Doesn’t seem like all of us do
Lash

Reply Wed 23 May, 2018 11:00 am
@maporsche,
The current crop of so-called Democrats are corporate sell outs who accept bribes from the pharmaceutical industry-among others-to create a ridiculous, murderous gulf between the wealthy and average Americans.

**** them and those who carry their water.
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Wed 23 May, 2018 11:10 am
@Lash,
I don't consider progressives to be divisive, just some of their members like you. I don't think there are too many of them. You prove it in every single post. It is like you have an axe to grind and it is all you care about. Very unpleasant.
Lash

Reply Wed 23 May, 2018 11:16 am
@revelette1,
You’re a part of the problem that is ruining lives in this country and propelled Donald Trump into office.

You and those like you cheerlead the oligarchs in DC while they lay waste to the underpinnings of the US.

I definitely want to be noticeably removed from you and those like you.
revelette1

Reply Wed 23 May, 2018 11:26 am
@Lash,
To be removed, you would had to be a "part of." You never had been. Furthermore, I am not the one to vote for a third party and spend all my time cheerleading Trump while pretending to be a progressive. It is a cheap game you play. You are using the progressive platform to to go after democrats. It is your only interest.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 23 May, 2018 01:12 pm
@revelette1,
"They" keep trying though, don't they? ROFLMAO Trump is not a liberal or conservative; he's a moron. He's over 70 years old, and still talks like a 4th grader. His depth of knowledge is skin deep; nothing there to share.

Pictures speak a thousand words. https://twitter.com/mekeiko/status/822483905177645057/photo/1
This reality must really crush thin-skinned Donald Trump.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 23 May, 2018 05:39 pm
@revelette1,
Guilty people try to front that.

Stop preventing progressives from taking back our country. Democrats are guilty of corruption. Stop helping them.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 23 May, 2018 06:51 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
Democrats are guilty of corruption.

Please provide evidence for your claim.
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/02/the-republican-corruption-in-washington-has-trickled-down-to-the-states.html

The republicans gave us the police state.
https://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2018/01/17/republican-supreme-court-gave-us-police-state/

The democrats gave us social security and Medicare. Also the Civil Rights Act of 1964. https://www.ourdocuments.gov/doc.php?flash=false&doc=97

From paulcraigroberts.org: The Republicans did give America a different Supreme Court and also different district and appeal courts. Rulings by Republican judges have stripped the Bill of Rights out of the Constitution and made police unaccountable for murder and robbery. In effect, the Republican jurists have turned the police into a criminal organization that is above the law. John Whitehead lays it out for us here: https://www.counterpunch.org/2017/06/07/twilight-of-the-american-courts/

BTW, I'm not a democrat or republican. I'm a registered Independent.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 23 May, 2018 07:08 pm
@cicerone imposter,
More on Trump. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhZuea_TMxw
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 23 May, 2018 08:05 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I’m an Indy too, for over 20 years.

Democrats used to do good things for the people.
They’re selling us out like Republicans now. Things have changed dramatically.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Wed 23 May, 2018 09:09 pm
Stacey Abrams:
I look forward to making history

0 Replies