Does Canada have Weapons of Mass Destruction?

Bru66

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 09:41 pm
My two favourite Canadian beers are...

Steamwhistle and Alexander Keith's
but I will admit that Stella Artois (a Belgian beer) is my favourite Smile
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 09:43 pm
Bru66 - our Miss l'k is serious about her beer.

Best of royal canajun luck to ya.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 09:46 pm
Speaking of royal canuks - why didn't canehdia take on the british style beers more than the continental types?
0 Replies

Bru66

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 10:30 pm
I'm guessing that our grains and brewing processes are more suited to the continental types.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 11:31 pm
Maybe your water is the deciding factor..... hmmm. I think you can grow a variety of grains and hops any where.
0 Replies

Bru66

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 12:19 pm
I think you're right. Also, we still have some microbreweries that can compete against the big guys.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 03:19 pm
Do you like the local framboise offerings, bru66?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 03:26 pm
What would be the Canadian equivalent of Budweiser?

Or has that question been asked already?

(I haven't been monitoring this thread since the Canadians took over and I felt it was becoming too dangerous of a place to venture)
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 05:54 pm
The Canadian equivalent of budweiser would be the foamy stuff they use to clean out lobster pots .
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 08:13 pm
Actually, the Canajun equivalent of Budweiser would be....Budweiser, as brewed by Labatt's under licence. Mind you, it is better as a pot cleaner than an actual beer.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 10:27 pm
When you can work out why drinking Nth American draft beer is like making love in a canoe you will be closer to true wisdom.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 10:43 pm
I do happen to know the answer to that analogy, Mr. S.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 10:24 am
blechhhhhh to American beer

clearer than tap water, and about as tasty
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 10:55 am
In defense of my adopted homeland, I must say that there are one or two so-called micro-breweries that produce an acceptable here, south of the border. Anchor Steam, out of San Francisco, isn't half bad. And the Sam Adams brewery in my home town of Boston brews some acceptable specialty brews. Not the mass-produced lager, no, but some of the other Sam Adams products. The only real bier. of course, is German. Würtzburger, as sold in Würtzburg-am-Main, is in a class by itself. I'm not talking about the so-called Würtzburger that's imported into the States. Still, even that is better than any local product.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 11:06 am
"not half-bad"
"acceptable"

Cool

I think ^^^ that says it all.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 12:31 pm
Merry, the beers of yuengling are very good. They have yuengling lager and porter and an ale called Chesterfield that is excellent. Course its been 10 years or more but I can recall the taste aND SMELL
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 01:53 pm
Budwieser...

Canadians frown at making beer with rice.
Yup I said it, RICE whoodathunk?
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 05:21 pm
The best thing we ever imported from the States was Chuck Hahn. After taking Steinlager (NZ) to No. 1 in the world, he came to Australia and totally kicked along a brewing revolution.

Then he sold out. Then started again, the Malt Shovel Brewery is bringing out some fine older-style ales - not some goddam bellywash. And no, you can't have him back.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 07:46 pm
ehBeth wrote:
blechhhhhh to American beer

clearer than tap water, and about as tasty

Ok, Ms Snootypants. Next time we meet, remind me to bring some 'merican beer for your tasting pleasure.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 08:45 am
People that look down their noses at American beers by using Budweiser as an example demonstrate nothing more than their lack of knowledge about American beers.
0 Replies