Does Canada have Weapons of Mass Destruction?

Ceili

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 09:46 am
McG...I was commenting on an earlier post....

As demonstrated in earlier posts, the USA has some fine microbreweries, worthy of the best palette. Comparing them to budweiser is an unworthy comparison, I grant you. However, Bud is not the pinnacle of great beer. For that, I will not apologize.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 09:53 am
.......and what more heinous 'weapon of mass destruction' could be held in our deadly arsenal than a fine selection of 'real' beers to reek economic destruction on the brewing establishment of the U.S.? Twisted Evil

[as soon as our beer trucks mass at the border, "watch out"!]
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 09:53 am
Ceili wrote:
McG...I was commenting on an earlier post....

As demonstrated in earlier posts, the USA has some fine microbreweries, worthy of the best palette. Comparing them to budweiser is an unworthy comparison, I grant you. However, Bud is not the pinnacle of great beer. For that, I will not apologize.

I was commenting mostly on ehBeths diatribes, not yours.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 10:00 am
If I recall, the beer selection from Rogue Brewery is pretty fine, and high-quality. A few winters ago, I tried the Samuel Adams Triple Bock. The bottle was tiny, but it took me three days to finish it. It may be the most interesting beer I have ever tasted. I once poached some rich salmon belly in it and served it on buckwheat blinis as an hors d'oeuvres, with a little blackberry compote, and some parsley for colour.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 10:01 am
BoGoWo wrote:
.......and what more heinous 'weapon of mass destruction' could be held in our deadly arsenal than a fine selection of 'real' beers to reek economic destruction on the brewing establishment of the U.S.? Twisted Evil

[as soon as our beer trucks mass at the border, "watch out"!]

<shhh....don't tell them Molson has already invaded...>
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 10:08 am
McGentrix wrote:
I was commenting mostly on ehBeths diatribes, not yours.

<sigh>

Apparently there's no place left to have fun around here anymore.

You know what, McG. You can have this thread. I won't be back.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 10:10 am
cavfancier wrote:
If I recall, the beer selection from Rogue Brewery is pretty fine, and high-quality. A few winters ago, I tried the Samuel Adams Triple Bock. The bottle was tiny, but it took me three days to finish it. It may be the most interesting beer I have ever tasted. I once poached some rich salmon belly in it and served it on buckwheat blinis as an hors d'oeuvres, with a little blackberry compote, and some parsley for colour.

how did it turn out? Was the sam adams a good choice for the salmon?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 10:14 am
Yes, it worked well with the earthy flavour of the buckwheat and the deep dark fruit notes in the compote, which included a little dark maple syrup and just a touch of reduction I made after poaching the fish. The belly is much richer than the rest of the salmon, so it stood up. This was a few years ago. If I were to do it today, I just would have made the reduction and compote, then grilled the salmon.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 10:14 am
ehBeth wrote:
blechhhhhh to American beer

clearer than tap water, and about as tasty

This was a funny comment? Sorry I mis-understood... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 10:17 am
Mmmm I wish you could cook for me!! That sounds wonderful.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 06:23 am
ehBeth wrote:
If you didn't know poutine growing up, you must be verra verra old, Montana. Older even than me. Shocked

The 1950's, girl!

(one of the reasons i love to listen to the CBC - so much to learn about Canada)

LOL! When I was growing up, the only poutine we had around here was poutine rapee. Small town, you see ;-)
0 Replies