The Ultimate Mass Murderer

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 06:58 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
The current state of politics only reveals that anti-knowledge is somehow the rule.

jeez, that must be it...

http://www.a1agifts.com/images/29586monkeys2.jpg

we saw fahrenheit 9/11 again last nite.

it's the actual video clips, not moore's commentary that still hits home with me.

you have to want to ignore some of the info to not be stirred by it.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 08:52 pm
Yes. Forget Moore's commentary -- he doesn't care if you do. When all the of the material is assembled in one movie it's devastatingly on target. Didn't convince the Bible-thumping voter but it's going to reverberate through Bush's second term and not to his advantage.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 08:53 pm
(It's why Moore is now a regular guest on Leno, Stewart and Maher's shows).
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 01:05 am
http://supersizeme.com/images/index_template/ssme_home_template_01.jpg

Michael Moore is a joke.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 01:59 am
gungasnake wrote:
http://supersizeme.com/images/index_template/ssme_home_template_01.jpg

Michael Moore is a joke.

no more than you, mister "the democratic party must be destroyed".
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 03:05 am
http://www.sacredcowburgers.com/parodies/blowhard.jpg
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 03:12 am
http://squirt-gun.home.mchsi.com/Moore.jpg
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 03:15 am
http://www.websophist.com/MooreWiener3ANIMO.gif
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 03:16 am
http://cagle.slate.msn.com/news/UpsetDemocrats/images/grondahl.gif
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 05:22 am
I must admit the attack on Rachel Carson really surprised me. I wonder if it's ever been read by the perpetrator. If so, a glance at her primary sources for information covers pages 263 to 292. She was recognized as a brilliant scientist (remember The Sea around us) before Silent Spring. On a personal note my pal Mike Olmstead and I have banded migrating and nesting hawks and owls together for 35 years. Mike has been banding over 55 years. When I started banding after a few years with him I called his attention to the fact that the hawks we were banding were in fact healthier, plumage brighter than before. He concurred and attributed as I did to the banning of DDT.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 07:03 am
Don't sweat it bob - gunga is rote ranter.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 07:05 am
To clarify:

To attack Michael Moore on the grounds of his weight is true intellectual sloth and reduces the credibility of any other argument offered.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 09:11 am
Quote:
gungaasnakes quote
farmerman wrote:

BALD EAGLES in PA have made a stunning recovery since 1972 when there was only 2 pair of eagles in thhe state. The egg shell thhhinning was not bullshit,..

I have a buddy who studied under Heinz Meng and a couple of other leading raptor experts, and he says it WAS bullshit.

Obviously your" buddy" didnt learn anythingobjective while at new paltz. meng himself is quoted on how, by "hacking'(which Im not sure about how is done) and by the depuration of dDT after its ban,both were instrumental in returning the disappearing Peregrine falcons in the Hudson Valley. NOW could it have been DDT and PCBs together? maybe
The issue of declining bird populations and their rebound in NY, Pa and NEw England is established 'good"science that your "junk science" site just wishes to argue based solely upon its political agenda (thats poor science). SInce junk science is usually against anything that has a secular taste , im not surprised about the pesticide stand.

As i said waay up front, weve learned a hell of a lot in toxicology and genetics in the last 30+ years. Try to be more objective.
dDT is still used in other parts of the world but there is plenty of research on pesticides that act and then hydrolize or disappear by other means.Wouldnt you wish that we could develop something that selectively does its job and then doesnt have any lingering effects? or are you just pro DDT
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 09:58 am
Now quiet down, Gunga is buzy toasting Michael Moore with a champagne glass full of DDT for the upset at the People's Award in winning favorite film.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 10:08 am
bobsmythhawk wrote:
I must admit the attack on Rachel Carson really surprised me. I wonder if it's ever been read by the perpetrator. If so, a glance at her primary sources for information covers pages 263 to 292. She was recognized as a brilliant scientist (remember The Sea around us) before Silent Spring. On a personal note my pal Mike Olmstead and I have banded migrating and nesting hawks and owls together for 35 years. Mike has been banding over 55 years. When I started banding after a few years with him I called his attention to the fact that the hawks we were banding were in fact healthier, plumage brighter than before. He concurred and attributed as I did to the banning of DDT.

I've mentioned this before: a buddy of mine studied under Heinz Meng, who was America's most major expert on raptors, and he said that the whole case against DDT was a bunch of bullshit. The basic reality is that raptors were being HUNTED to extinction in North America up until a point just before DDT was banned.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 10:09 am
Oh great, now what? is he gonna state that Michael Moore staged all those shots in his movie?
Like the shots of Bush looking like a deer in the heaadlights, the shots of the Saudi family/ theUS mothers and fathers interviewed? I see a lot of books now with titles defamatory to Mr Moore. I guess the bORG mind of the right wants to try to put him away. All they do i help his worth among the other half of the naation that isnt impressed with the Bush admin and its lack of creativity
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 10:12 am
farmerman wrote:

dDT is still used in other parts of the world but there is plenty of research on pesticides that act and then hydrolize or disappear by other means.Wouldnt you wish that we could develop something that selectively does its job and then doesnt have any lingering effects? or are you just pro DDT

The "lingering effects" are one of the most major benefits of DDT. It sticks around, meaning that a single spraying keeps mosquitos and other insect pests away for months at a time. There is nothing anywhere close to being as effective and as inexpensive.

So long as you use it to protect humans from insects, there are no problems. The few problems only arise from using it as an area pesticide for crops.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 10:15 am
I don't think we have to look very hard for the real bullshitter around here.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 10:21 am
hingehead wrote:
To clarify:

To attack Michael Moore on the grounds of his weight is true intellectual sloth and reduces the credibility of any other argument offered.

Quote:

WHAT IS IT WITH MICHAEL MOORE?
National Security Online ^ | 21 September 2004 | Christopher Holton

Posted on 09/21/2004 4:45:21 PM PDT by LSUfan

We always knew Michael Moore was a strange bird. But many people have no idea how extreme he really is.

That is one reason why I find it so troubling that he has been embraced by the Democratic Party and left-leaning news media so closely. He sat with Terry McAuliffe at the Democratic National Convention, Senate Minority Leader Tom Daschle made a big show of attending the premier of Fahrenheit 9-11, and Moore has used everything from the Academy Awards to his personal web site as platforms to attack America's war against Jihadist terrorists.

And then there was USA Today using Moore to cover the Republican National Convention. I have no problem with USA Today picking a liberal to cover the conservative party's convention, but Michael Moore? Michael Moore is way beyond the term "liberal." He can more accurately be described as a leftist radical.

Just take a look at his friends and allies.

First he defended the oppressive Taliban regime when the U.S. invaded Afghanistan after 9-11, claiming there was no "proof" that the Taliban--or even Osama Bin Laden--had anything to do with the terrorist attacks on America (as if evidentiary standards are appropriate for such matters to begin with).

Then Moore defended Saddam Hussein's brutal regime.

He will deny these charges of course, but, if Moore had had his way, the Taliban regime would still be in power and harboring Al Qaida. Meanwhile, in Moore's chosen world, Saddam would still be filling up the mass graves of Iraq, periodically threatening his neighbors and lining Kofi Annan's pockets with kickbacks as Iraq did business with France, Germany and Russia.

Above all, Moore produced and released Fahrenheit 9-11, a movie so overrun with lies and fabrications that it cannot possibly be termed a "documentary." The movie goes way beyond attacking President Bush; it attacks our entire war effort. In Michael Moore's sick and twisted world, 9-11 was America's fault.

We deserved to be attacked.

And with the continued release of the movie, Moore's true colors shine through.

First we found out that Fidel Castro thinks the movie is fantastic and it has been featured in movie theaters throughout Marxism's last bastion in the western hemisphere, where, no doubt, Moore's lies and fabrications go unchallenged.

Next we learned that the murderous Jihadist terrorist group, Hezbollah, secured the distribution rights to Moore's creative baby in Lebanon and other parts of the Middle East. So, these are Michael Moore's friends and business associates. Perhaps at this point it would be useful to review just who Hezbollah is; Hezbollah is the terrorist group that popularized the suicide bomber. Before 9-11 in fact, Hezbollah boasted the highest American body count of all terrorist groups in the world, from the bombing of the Marine Barracks in Beirut in 1983, to the Khobar Towers bombing in Saudi Arabia in 1996.

All told, some 400 Americans have died at the hands of Hizbollah--Michael Moore's partners.

The came the straw that broke the camel's back. Moore has released his movie in Iran--the cradle of anti-American jihadism. Iran is a brutal Islamist theocracy in which free expression is a mere fantasy and periodic protests calling for liberty are brutally suppressed by Islamist thugs working for the Ayatollahs. But they have no problem with the "free expression" in Michael Moore's film. It was released in Tehran on September 11th and is evidently a big hit with the Shiite flavor of radical Islam.

Let's take a closer look at Moore's Iranian friends:

The regime in Tehran is the world's foremost sponsor of Jihadist terrorism. Not only are they the main supplier, trainer and arms merchant for Hizbollah, but according to Bill Gertz's sources in Breakdown, as well as the bipartisan 9-11 Commission, Iran is heavily involved with Al Qaida as well.

Meanwhile, Tehran is feverishly working on a ballistic missile program, including the Shehab 3 IRBM, which could potentially target cities as far away as London. And lest we forget, Moore's Iranian pals have done a masterful job of concealing their clandestine nuclear weapons program from the IAEA and its Muslim Arab chief. That's right, Moore's Ayathollahs are well on their way to getting the Bomb.

So these are Michael Moore's friends: the Taliban, Al Qaida, Saddam Hussein, Hizbollah and the Ayatollahs.

Michael Moore's friends are America's sworn enemies, promoters of an idealogy that would eliminate our democratic way of life and do away with our Judeo-Christian values. Michael Moore's friends are the folks who make the suicide bombs, hijackings, and hostage-taking possible.

We have met the enemy and he is Michael Moore.

And Michael Moore will vote for John Kerry...
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 10:30 am
Lightwizard wrote:
I don't think we have to look very hard for the real bullshitter around here.

Nope. Sure don't.
0 Replies