Powell,as expected,resigns- Rice successor

dlowan

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 03:12 pm
But - do you think Republicans will be so far right for long?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 03:13 pm
sup kick...I coulda gotten laid at work last night if I wasn't the model husband........not to change the subject...how was your night?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 03:13 pm
The Cabinet has been pared down to a Drawer...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 03:14 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

and could use one of those little potpourri bags in the corner.....because it stinks.....
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 03:43 pm
Condi Rice to replace Powell. It would appear as if incompetence in this administration is always rewarded.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 04:03 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
sup kick...I coulda gotten laid at work last night if I wasn't the model husband........not to change the subject...how was your night?

Pretty good. Banged littlek, watched some football...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 04:08 pm
kickycan wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Pretty good. Banged littlek, watched some football...

So you're really Slappy?

http://able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1016774#1016774
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 04:09 pm
No, no, Slappy went out with her later, after I banged her!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 04:15 pm
Okay, out of respect for littlek, I am going to retract what I just said. I am just playing, but I don't want to besmirch her good name.

She's a fine, upstanding young woman, and deserves more respect than I just showed. People might actually think we really had sex, and that would be wrong. No, I did not bang littlek. In fact, a worm like me would never have a chance with her in a million years. I apologize, littlek.

Okay, carry on with the Powell talk...
0 Replies

smog

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 04:17 pm
kickycan wrote:
Okay, carry on with the Powell talk...

But we're all distracted now... Confused
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 04:19 pm
From what little I know, I would suggest that littlek "banged" kicky and slappy---silly, and then left after sticking a rose in their cheeks.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 05:37 pm
dlowan wrote:
But - do you think Republicans will be so far right for long?

It's certainly possible, deb. The goal is monopolization of power as deeply and as permanently as possible, and the ideology behind such a goal is, axiomatically, profoundly extremist.

Who knows what events will bring? And who knows how gullible and afraid of actual self-governance the population might be convinced to further become?

But one thing seems certain, at least to me. For this present political machine to be bested, it will have to come apart from inside. If it continues to hold together, the dems cannot overtake it.

The moderates in the party are now effectively side-lined and forced to dance to the tune called by others (eg Specter) so I don't expect them to be a viable force to overturn the extreme element, if things remain as they are.

I can hope for: a Watergate event (a big one), a high level defection and whistleblower event, or an increase in stridency and demands from the religious component that begins to scare folks far more than they are now and which reinvigorates the moderate voices and leads to a split and a religious third party.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 05:38 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

and could use one of those little potpourri bags in the corner.....because it stinks.....

Very funny, bp.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 07:49 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Anyone else find it telling that the one man who had any sense is departing the admin?

Ah yes, the last sane person in the administration...

http://www.rotten.com/library/bio/usa/colin-powell/capt.lon82607021755.indonesia_gala_powell_lon826.jpg
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 07:51 pm
That was so cool! :-D

Seriously, I thought it was great that he did that.
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 09:07 pm
Already known, but a hawk member in the administration will be the new Secretary of state:

Quote:
Bush Chooses Rice to Replace Powell

Source
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 09:21 pm
There won't be a wet eye in the Diddie household when Colin Powell relieves himself of the burden of avoiding responsibility and starts collecting six-figure speaking fees.

Powell's legacy won't be the "Powell Doctrine," it will be his United Nations Power Point presentation, the one presenting a fictitious case for invading Iraq.

Quote:
No evidence for the weapons has been found, and Mr. Powell is said to have been dismayed that he made a case for the administration based on faulty information.

Not as dismayed as the Iraqi citizens and American soldiers killed and maimed in Iraq, of course. Well, maybe a little pang of regret when he wakes up in the middle of the night to take a piss.

No, I won't miss Colin, the man who wasn't there. He claimed to have principles but was never seen applying them or standing up for them. His commitment to affirmative action extended only as far as getting his otherwise unemployable son, Michael, a patronage job as America's tit monitor.

Colin Powell may have had integrity at one time, but he long ago cut it off and killed it.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 06:41 am
Yup
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 08:39 am
Bush to name new secretary of state at 1730 GMT.
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 11:59 am
Rice is picked to be top US diplomat.

I suppose, the senate will surely confirm it.
0 Replies