Emotional Affair Next Steps

CassieH

Reply Fri 12 May, 2017 11:32 am
I met Scott a year ago at a work related event. We work in the same field; different companies. We are both married. We hit it off and have gone out for dinner/drinks at least once monthly ever since. We have many common work interests, but more recently, we've shared more personal stories as well. He always seems eager to get together and the frequency of getting together is increasing. He remembers almost every detail of anything I ever tell him. He even brought me back a souvenir from a conference I had wanted to attend but couldn't.

I know I am developing feelings for him and would like to take it to the next level. I don't know if he has romantic feelings for me, or just enjoys me as a friend. How can I tell if he is attracted to me? I want to be honest with him about my feelings but I also don't want to ruin a friendship if he doesn't think of me that way. Should I open up to him? (I have no idea if he is happily married. My husband and I have always had an open relationship..though this is the first time I have felt emotionally attached to another).
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,702 • Replies: 3
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 12 May, 2017 01:05 pm
If you have "always had an open relationship" within your marriage, then why are you asking us how to do this?

Probably you need to find out if he also has an open marriage-relationship, or he's going to "cheat" on his wife.

0 Replies

centrox

Reply Fri 12 May, 2017 04:00 pm
I see divorce looming... A theoretical "open" relationship is one thing, but actual shagging, especially with feelings involved, is something else altogether. Stand by for serious ructions. My advice is, step back, think hard about money, housing, lawyers, alimony, etc, Do you really want to do this?

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 12 May, 2017 04:09 pm
@CassieH,
CassieH wrote:
l My husband and I have always had an open relationship..though this is the first time I have felt emotionally attached to another.

talk to your husband about this. if he is cool about you becoming more involved in a second emotional relationship, talk to the guy about his relationship.

0 Replies