Dear Jesus...Please Protect Me While I Slaughter Innocents..

Steppenwolf

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 06:23 pm
gungasnake wrote:
Steppenwolf wrote:

It seems I have the easier argument here...

If you were to ONLY consider the question of the sophistication of the anthrax in question, perhaps. Nonetheless given the overwhelming weight of evidence implicating the 9-11 hijackers, the question becomes where would those guys have gone for anthrax, and any answer other than Saddam Hussein becomes highly problematical. Why go on any sort of a scavenger hunt when the top guy in the business is sitting right there in your own back yard??

The overwhelming weight of the evidence supports the 9-11 hijackers? As I would tell anyone pushing such a widely unaccepted theory (from oil conspiracy theorists to election conspiracy theorists), "coincidences" are often just "coincidences." The evidence you've provided on this issue is flimsy and countered by the FBI's analysis of the letters themselves (including the language used in the letters). See, e.g. http://www.anthraxinvestigation.com/BHR-FAS2.html. There are also a million explanations for lacerations, not just anthrax. Additionally, circumstancially linking two people is not that difficult or revealing (think six degrees of separation). Clearly you also can't suggest that the 9-11 hijackers themselves actually sent the letters; they were postmarked after 9/11, and they included no arabic whatsoever. http://www.cfrterrorism.org/weapons/anthraxletters.html.

Whether or not answers other than Hussein are "problematic," so is the Hussein answer, particularly as it involves not only a Hussein cover-up, but a nearly inexplicable FBI cover-up! Double conspiracies do not sit well with me.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 11:04 pm
"when the top guy in the business is sitting right there in your own back yard??"

Wouldn't that be the US itself? Who has the biggest reserves of anthrax?

off to research....
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 11:38 pm
As I recall the prime suspect was (is?) a former biological warfare researcher from the US. (Louisiana?)

My recollection could be in error.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 11:59 pm
An interesting take on the anthrax scare...and the death of Dr. Wiley, the man who was fingered as the culprit behind it all.

http://www.rense.com/general25/thedeathofdrwiley.htm
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 08:19 am
JanW wrote:
Aaargh. Someday I'll get the hang of the quotes!

The problem with your quotes is that you're missing the second right bracket which closes off the first quote tag. If you press the quote button on a post and then look carefully at the system generated code which is generated, you can see the proper form of a quote, and you can probably just insert the text you want inside the fields.

JanW wrote:
Oil Reserves: I'm not sure that gaining control of oil reserves is related to anything other than economic control.

Economic control and military power have merged. Economic control is now the key to warfare. The US defeated the USSR by pushing it beyond its economic limits, and now the terrorists are attempting the same with us. And the kingdoms of the middle east have been using the flow of western wealth for oil to control their populations and their cultures for decades now.

The Saudi's are the primary source of funding for the Mullah's which train kids to hate westerners, and having foreign troops on Saudi soil was Osama's primary gripe.

But the Saudi's are our primary source of oil, of which the slightest change in price sends shock waves through the world economy.

The US has been unable to control the House of Saud due to this economic tangle, and since a "western" Iraq would allow the US the leverage necessary to begin to pressure Saudi Arabia, control of Oil reserves seems strategically linked to military control.
0 Replies

JanW

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 09:26 am
rosborne979 wrote:

Economic control and military power have merged. Economic control is now the key to warfare. The US defeated the USSR by pushing it beyond its economic limits, and now the terrorists are attempting the same with us. And the kingdoms of the middle east have been using the flow of western wealth for oil to control their populations and their cultures for decades now.

The Saudi's are the primary source of funding for the Mullah's which train kids to hate westerners, and having foreign troops on Saudi soil was Osama's primary gripe.

But the Saudi's are our primary source of oil, of which the slightest change in price sends shock waves through the world economy. [Seeing the Preview, it looks okay. I'll get the hang of it!]

I have never heard this particular analysis, and it makes perfect sense. I appreciate your having contributed it! I knew most of the individual parts of the analysis, but the way you put those parts together clears up a lot of loose ends.
The US has been unable to control the House of Saud due to this economic tangle, and since a "western" Iraq would allow the US the leverage necessary to begin to pressure Saudi Arabia, control of Oil reserves seems strategically linked to military control.

Thanks for the quotes tip. My main problem is in editing inside a quote, but I edited my own message out of this one, and we'll see how it looks.
0 Replies