Dear Jesus...Please Protect Me While I Slaughter Innocents..

littlek

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 09:15 pm
yowsa!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 09:16 pm
The single bulb burns over the workbench.

Larry's motions are slow and deliberate.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 09:17 pm
Who's he working on now?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 09:19 pm
Your grandmother, littlek.

I...I...I'm sorry I had to be the one to tell you.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 09:20 pm
well, at least she's dead already.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 09:21 pm
we need tolay low on Larry before we hurt his feelings....I don't want to be accused of playing too rough and get kicked off again.....damn!!!! can't even engage in a little good natured ribbing directed at one of A2K's most regular guys without getting paranoid....
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 09:23 pm
I don't even know who he is, Bear. He just happened to be the first guy to come along.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 09:34 pm
I didn't see nothing officer, I was just coming home late.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 09:38 pm
Larry doesn't know how to have fun, so don't mind him.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 10:12 pm
It seems to me that Christians should follow the words of Christ...

Jesus wrote:

"You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.' But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also...

"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven"

I don't think there are any true Christians that are either supporting or participating in this war.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 05:51 am
Montana wrote:
Larry doesn't know how to have fun, so don't mind him.

If ridiculing people of faith, because of their beliefs, is "fun", I will admit I don't know how to have that kind of fun and don't want to learn.

But Larry is having fun here...playing with those who ridicule and insult other people's religious faith. Not mine, mind you, because I subscribe to no religion. Just tolerant of those who do.

Different strokes for different folks, I say.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 06:50 am
Hey, these are young kids, and their asses are on the line. To me, whatever gets them through this, is ok by me. I don't have to believe it.

When Neil Armstrong landed on the moon, I was so proud of his accomplishment. Then he made some remark thanking God, or some such thing. I was pissed off about this for months. I felt that the moon landing was the creation of MAN, and a god had no place in it.

As I grow older, I am much more tolerant, and respect the rights of people to believe what they want, even though I might not respect the belief itself.

As for the military going into battle, whatever gets them through the night......................
0 Replies

revel

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 07:45 am
it is one thing to pray to have strength to get through what you have to do. it is quite another to pray that you kill successfully.

As for christians thinking that they have to kill for Jesus.

Matthew 26:

52 Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.

53Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?

Jesus don't need any help in making prophecy come true.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 07:46 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
that would be like me going out to commit adultery and asking Jesus to make sure I found a hot piece of ass......some things Jesus doesn't particularly want to put his stamp of approval on....

Interesting, as a child when I believed in religion I prayed to the Devil for the stuff I wanted that I didn't think Jesus would approve of.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 08:29 am
and how did that work out for you Craven?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 08:34 am
It is what religion does best. Intolerance, Divisiveness War, Massacre and Mayhem.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 08:34 am
Quote:
and how did that work out for you Craven?

Yeah, and now he has US to contend with. Remember, be careful what you wish for. You just might get it! Laughing

0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 08:36 am
And I hadn't thought of Flip Wilson in years...
0 Replies

rodeman

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 11:44 am
With the conservatives recently won victory, a majority of Americans have won a moral victory. Unfortunately, a morality that sez killing innocent families in Iraq is less offensive than gay families in this country. Makes me think the majority might want to rethink their religious convictions...........?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 11:46 am
rodeman wrote:
With the conservatives recently won victory, a majority of Americans have won a moral victory. Unfortunately, a morality that sez killing innocent families in Iraq is less offensive than gay families in this country. Makes me think the majority might want to rethink their religious convictions...........?

says who they've won a moral victory?
0 Replies