Bush supporters' aftermath thread

music2myear

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 02:36 pm
Steppenwolf wrote:
"Living and working and dying," and "entitlement zones"? Does that count the agricultural subsidies, price floors, rural welfare, and pork barrel projects? As I've said a million times, it's much easier to talk about free markets than to actually enact free market policies (something this administration has failed at). Red Areas are even guiltier than the Blue Zones, although they're also more prone towards self righteousness with regards to hand-outs (many or most of which they receive).

You're correct in general, I know. But the people I know and work with who vote republican do so at least partially because they think the government ought not to be in the handout business, and those I work with and know who vote democrat do so at least partially because they think the government ought to regulate the market more closely.

True the farmers live on subsidies, but why? Because the market has been regulated beyond survivability. That doesn't excuse our responsibility to change, but at least the republicans pay lip service ot smaller government. And with the level of conservativism going into both houses right now, I expect at least a little more restraint that we've seen in the past.

I've worked for watchdog groups before and have seen the way Repubs start acting an aweful lot like Dems talk once they get up there. But I've also seen the times when they've kept true to their promises. Democrats (and I'm speaking very generally, there are noteable exceptions in both parties) don't even promise fiscal restraint, they promise whatever they think they must promise to get that demographic vote.

Hey, maybe Dems ought to change their name to the Demographs and the Repubs can be just 'Pubs.
0 Replies

gav

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 02:44 pm
cjhsa wrote:
What billions? Eurabia?

You do have a rough idea of the world population - dont you?
Even the countries you think are allies in this invasion aren't. The governments are but the people of these countries most definitely aren't!!!
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 02:54 pm
Ticomaya wrote:

<sigh> *Well, it's partially our fault for engaging him after his first post.*

gav, we'd love to address your questions, but this is a "Bush Supporters Only" thread. This is the only Bush Supporters Only thread in this forum, so feel free to express your disdain and repeat your question in any other thread. Thanks.

Gav, please take the hint and start a new thread if you wish.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 03:01 pm
Gav, you said:
Quote:
OK then point taken - biggoted w@nkers!!

Why are you back? Off you go now ....
0 Replies

music2myear

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 03:07 pm
Maybe we should just gang up on him instead of chasing him off. That would be theraputic for us as well as sharpening our debate skills Smile

He might not appreciate it though. I'm not used to a site with such selecting and opportunity. I guess because of it's size I have to work extra hard to stay on topic...
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 03:08 pm
We've all noticed it here at A2K, and so has Boortz. As usual he's dead on ...

YOU LOST. NOW BACK OFF

You gotta love what the Democrats are going through right now. Not only did they lose the election .. but they lost big time. The hated Republican enemy has more members in the House and the Senate, and another four years in the White House. Democrats can no longer use that "selected, not elected" line. Bush did what their hallowed Clinton never could do; get a majority of the popular vote.

The left is fighting back with several different tactics. First we have the "Evangelical Christian" charge. Democrats want this country to believe that if it were not for the Evangelicals who went to the polls Kerry would be the President-elect right now. The left would have us believe that these Evangelicals are a bunch of wild-eyed nut-cases and, therefore, neither them nor the president they elected are worthy of any respect. Nut-cases? Hardly. Sure, every religion has it's share of whackos, but these people the left want you to fear are nothing more than traditional American families who have adopted and who live by a set of values that should be admired, not feared. Sure, I get upset and vocal when any religion tries to write its religious beliefs into law to be used to hammer people who believe differently, but Evangelicals count no greater a percentage of these types than do other religions.

Another post blow-out tactic the Democrats have launched is this "conciliation" line. Now that the voters in this country have soundly rejected the leftist agenda, the left somehow has reached the conclusion that George Bush must move toward the left in a effort to reconcile, not the other way around. After four years of bitter partisanship from the Democrats, the Democrats are telling George Bush that he must avoid being partisan.

Really ... you have to hand it to these guys. Nads the size of cantaloupes.
0 Replies

gav

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 03:08 pm
Not a single one of you have answered my question!. Are you all mini-Georges? Can't even dodge a question and do it well.

Now that the voters in this country have soundly rejected the leftist agenda

Jesus, you only got 52% of the votes, its hardly a sound whipping. And it hardly speaks for the country as a whole.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 03:11 pm
music2myear wrote:
Maybe we should just gang up on him instead of chasing him off. That would be theraputic for us as well as sharpening our debate skills Smile

He might not appreciate it though. I'm not used to a site with such selecting and opportunity. I guess because of it's size I have to work extra hard to stay on topic...

Good idea, but let's gang up on him on another thread. Curiously, I've noticed he's yet to post his question elsewhere, though. Hmmm.

gav wrote:
Not a single one of you have answered my question!. Are you all mini-Georges? Can't even dodge a question and do it well.

And you know why. You are demonstrating a lack of class by continuing to post in this thread when you have politely been asked to leave.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 03:12 pm
http://www.mdcbowen.org/cobb/archives/comic/200401104-607-OverThere-thumb.jpg
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 03:15 pm
music2myear wrote:

That's what the rest of A2K is for. It's nice having a single thread where we can praise GW without needing to hone the debate skills.

At the same time, I am not a frequenter of FREEP because I don not want to only discuss politics with like minded people. We have respected their weeping and gnashing thread, I see no harm in asking for the same respect in return.
0 Replies

gav

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 03:19 pm
Excuse me for a second, at what point did I say I was a Kerry supporter?

I'm having trouble coming to grasps what the political outlook of this countrys slim majority - and there is no better place to do it than in a triumphalist Bush thread!!!
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 03:21 pm
Sorry guys, I was trying not to step in. Psst, gav. http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=37994. Folks, gav is a newbie and deserves some slack. We've had to chase a few interlopers out of our thread too -- and one's who should know better.

And now I step back out....(hopefully gav is coming with me)
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 03:25 pm
gav wrote:
Excuse me for a second, at what point did I say I was a Kerry supporter?

I'm having trouble coming to grasps what the political outlook of this countrys slim majority - and there is no better place to do it than in a triumphalist Bush thread!!!

Did we accuse you of being one?

Please read the title of this thread. What you are having trouble grasping is that you need to leave this thread unless you are a "Bush Supporter." You might be a Badnarik, Kerry, or Nader supporter .... I don't give a whit. The point is you aren't a Bush Supporter.

Thanks for the appropriate interjection, FD. I thought we were giving him slack. He's just not taking it.
0 Replies

cannistershot

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 03:27 pm
Thanks freeduck! This is his last chance.......
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 03:42 pm
Last chance for what?
0 Replies

music2myear

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 03:47 pm
Over on the other forum I was the lone conservative (Hi Ho Sliver!) on somebody wrote that liberalism is based on the trust of people and conservativism is based on the distrust of the same (it was a quote so it had some better words and was a bit more obsequious in it's tone).

I find that ironic in that it would seem to me that Democrats generally run on the supposition that people need their help to survive. More welfare, cheaper prescription drugs (ever wonder why doctors will rarely tell you you've taken a drug long enough?), subsidize this, subsidize that.

Of course the Repubs will willing subsidize and assist, except they tend to prefer subsidizing businesses, who then employ people, who then don't need a government subsidy.

Then on election day the Democrats will (generally, of course some Repubs do this but to a much lesser extent) scream that we're disenfranchising voters because we want them to go to a specific polling place, because the ballots are too hard to understand, etc...

I get the feeling from all this that the Dems assume people that vote for them are stupid. That's not trust.

Therefore, let's dispell this myth that American Conservatives are generally conservative in the same vane as Hitler and Stalin. We are not.

Instead, the liberals are the ones who don't trust. Modern American Liberalism is very akin to old conservativism, we'd all be better off with the government for our nanny. Makes the matrix pretty appetizing. At least when we're in the matrix we get to pretend we have free will.
0 Replies

cannistershot

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 04:00 pm
I was a democrat at one time. Then I grew up and realized that if I don't make it in the world it's not someone keeping me down, it's me keeping me down.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 04:03 pm
I pretty much agree with that Music, as does the president we just reelected. The less assistance people need from the government, the more secure wwe all are, and the best government makes itself less and less necessary.
0 Replies

cannistershot

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 04:07 pm
Amen fox, too bad FDR died before he could cut back on programs that were only put into place to end the depression. Same with Lincoln, would he have ended income taxes? They were only put in place to raise war funds.
0 Replies

cannistershot

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 04:08 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
Last chance for what?

To leave before we all hit him at once.
0 Replies