Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2005 12:45 pm
There weird man, there friggin weirdos.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2005 01:13 pm
Walter writes
Quote:
If you don't mind, I'll remind you about this when you yourself quote any poll

No I don't mind at all. I'm pretty sure I've cited polls to back up something or refute something, but I don't recall ever depending on a poll as absolute proof of anything. The problem is all of us look for polling data that supports our own bias and/or point of view. And if we look hard enough, it's out there. Thus all polling data deserves a healthy dose of skepticism even while it can also be useful.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2005 04:05 pm
Fox doesn't like polls because most of them show Bush doing poorly:

Released: August 10, 2005
Campaign in Iraq loses its gloss for Bush in the polls

As Seen in The Financial Times

"I have received a flurry of calls from reporters in the past few days asking me to clarify something difficult to understand. They suggested that George W. Bush, US president, had had a very good week and wondered why his cluster of successes had not been reflected in the national polls. After all, Congress passed a comprehensive energy bill and a massive transportation bill, and Mr Bush has submitted the name of an acceptable and (so far) uncontroversial nominee to the Supreme Court. Add to this a record-setting stock market and booming numbers on housing.

But two new national polls last week show no bump for the president's approval rating. His performance rating was only 44 per cent in a new Gallup poll, his lowest yet from that organisation. My poll had him at 45 per cent positive. Later in the week, a new CBS News poll showed Mr Bush at 45 per cent positive and a poll conducted by Ipsos-Reid had his approval rating at only 42 per cent. In most instances, majorities rated Mr Bush negatively."
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2005 04:05 pm
Polls are not reliable, and just no damn good! LOL
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2005 04:07 pm
BTW, Fox News is the only organization that has a reliable poll - on Bush.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2005 04:14 pm
Amigo wrote:
I like this thread. A place of remorse for the bush supporters. Some of you aren't done with denial yet though. It's o.k. if you don't come around the rest of the country will for you. Laughing Laughing

You obviously don't know what you're talking about. Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2005 04:32 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Amigo wrote:
I like this thread. A place of remorse for the bush supporters. Some of you aren't done with denial yet though. It's o.k. if you don't come around the rest of the country will for you. Laughing Laughing

You obviously don't know what you're talking about. Laughing Laughing
obvious you say. I know you have to go through pages and pages on the internet of what has become obvious to others to find dark, dirty corners to hide and disinform yourself of the the ever growing obvious.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2005 05:51 pm
This is a warm and humorous article by Austin Murphy, a Sports Illustrated reporter who went bike riding with the president in Crawford. He appears to agree with George Stephanopoulos who observed the following:

Quote:
No matter your politics, Stephanopoulos had told me, Bush is so amiable, so genuine, such good company, that you end up enjoying yourself with him, whether you intended to or not. All this came to pass. Upon meeting me, Bush said, "Look at this guy, no body fat on him!" -- a falsehood, but a polite one.

I've seen similar comments by people who thought they wouldn't like him and were pleasantly surprised at how easy he is to talk with and get along with.

Read the entire article. You'll be glad you did Smile

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/austin_murphy/08/19/lance.bush/1.html

PS I also liked what Stephanopoulos said about how incredibly fit the president is. The pres and I both have Trek mountain bikes and mine was also made to my specifications Smile
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2005 06:20 pm
Ok so the Bush rides a Trek bike and is affable, best justification I have heard yet for invading another nation. Bush is still a moron, be he pedaling his ass around his "ranch" or drawing up plans to invade Iran.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2005 06:30 pm
I think Tico needs to offer that remedial Thread Title reading class again.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2005 08:37 pm
I think our friend is having a bad night.

I hope he feels better soon.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2005 08:58 pm
A good night's rest can do wonders for the mind and spirit.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2005 09:18 pm
dyslexia wrote:
Ok so the Bush rides a Trek bike and is affable, best justification I have heard yet for invading another nation. Bush is still a moron, be he pedaling his ass around his "ranch" or drawing up plans to invade Iran.
The secret service brought him two bags of plastic army men to plan out his war in Iran after he done playing on his bikey.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2005 09:20 pm
Here's the one who needs the remedial course.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2005 09:35 pm
But seriously folks. Bush has about as much to do with running the country as ronald McDonald has to do with running McDonalds Laughing
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2005 11:04 pm
Working the drive-thru at McD's does not qualify you to make that assertion.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2005 11:51 pm
Were talking about Bush. Anyone is qualified to make that assertion.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 06:48 am
http://webpages.charter.net/micah/repjesus74.gif
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 07:02 am
Lash wrote:
I think our friend is having a bad night.

I hope he feels better soon.

He's been having bad nights for the past 40 years, though, LOL.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 08:50 am
I had only noticed it recently.

But, I think something's in the water. Everybody is acting so ....PDiddyish. At least we've all been inoculated.
0 Replies