Bush supporters' aftermath thread

McGentrix

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 05:06 pm
Now if we could just convince them to cut the pork-barrell spending and ever-increasing size of the federal gavernment, it would be like utopia...
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 06:15 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Now if we could just convince them to cut the pork-barrell spending and ever-increasing size of the federal gavernment, it would be like utopia...

Oh, my mistake. I thought you were talking about the Democrats. I didn't realize you had finally figured out what the Republicans are doing to America. Congratulations, there may hope for you yet.

BBB
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 06:18 pm
Yeah, everybody's for cutting pork and spending. Unless, of course, the project to be cut employs that one, or the base to be shut down happens to be in one's town.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 06:19 pm
I am all for the complete disappearance of pork. two-years of pork free living might be tough, but imagine the benefits that could be reaped.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 06:55 pm
All the miles of half-asphalted highway in Robert Byrd's West Virginia that would bake in the sun...

He's almost made that state a parking lot.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 07:07 pm
http://images.washtimes.com/photos/full/20050708-105822-3155.jpg

LOL!!! I love this photo!!! Bush is undoubtedly thinking "Yer toast, you gutless worm!".

Smile
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 07:10 pm
Timber! Of course the economy is doing well!! The Dems and the MSM have stopped calling it "Bush's economy".

SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 07:12 pm
JustWonders wrote:
Timber! Of course the economy is doing well!! The Dems and the MSM have stopped calling it "Bush's economy".

SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile

Laughing
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 07:22 pm
Have you seen Chirac's polling numbers???

<That's one French election I'll be watching.>

Vive la France!!!

He'll be indicted for corruption on at least two counts soon after he's booted.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 10:21 pm
It would make for good press I think if Chirac and Kofi shared a cell at Club Med.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 12:22 am
JustWonders wrote:

LOL!!! I love this photo!!! Bush is undoubtedly thinking "Yer toast, you gutless worm!".

Smile
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Yup. Laughing
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 12:29 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:
JustWonders wrote:

Smile
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Yup. Laughing

Is there a bigger dick on the world front than Jaques Chirac?

Insult the English for their cuisine, they, the nation of Nelson and Churchill, can take it, but what's the gratuitous shot against the Finns about?

Sweet cosmic kharma: There were two Finns on the commitee that decided whether Paris or London would get the 2012 Olympics!
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 12:36 am
Laughing
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 04:37 am
I guess that means Chirac is Finnished.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 08:10 am
Lash wrote:
dys-- You and CI likely purposefully missed the point.

I know you both served. Yet, neither of you would stoop to insinuating people who didn't have no right to speak. At least, I don't think you would.

Blatham isn't even a US citizen, yet he doesn't mind blabbing about all things American. He doesn't know what he'd have done faced with the choice, but he is quick to act as though he has the moral authority to judge others.

He does not.

Boortz's right to speak whatever he wishes whenever and wherever he wishes remains happily intact. Unless one considers - and this seems to be your working assumption - that criticism of the content of speech is exactly equal to restricting speech.

It's my notion that when you, or anyone else, take the words of Dean or Krugman to task, you are trying to argue the merits of the claims and arguments, rather than trying to stuff a sock in the speaker's mouth. Do I have this wrong?

He retains all freedoms to write and speak really stupid things, and you or Tico retain the freedom to copy them here.

The 'courage/cowardice' issue is entirely relevant as regards either Boortz or Limbaugh or this administration's top players - and particularly so given the treatment received by the two veterans I mentioned earlier who DID risk everything and DID suffer what you and I cannot even imagine. Sending kids to war, to physical and emotional carnage...cheering the sending of these kids...while accusing those who disagree with this policy guilty of cowardice (and thus holding self and other cheerleaders as glowing in bravery) when they themselves avoided all personal military risk (and their children's potential risk) demonstrates a personal integrity and moral calculus that is fully and completely repugnant.

As to the point of a Canadian speaking about American policy, I might just point to the various remarks found helter-skelter here regarding France. Or, of course, I might note that the American flag on your avatar is cuddling skyward a pair of Canadian titters - internationalism writ large.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 09:34 am
Kids?

The average age of today's enlistee is 23. Does the guy on the left look like a 'kid' to you?

http://home.comcast.net/~p.shene/redstates.jpg
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 09:51 am
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
Is there a bigger dick on the world front than Jaques Chirac?

Insult the English for their cuisine, they, the nation of Nelson and Churchill, can take it, but what's the gratuitous shot against the Finns about?

He was copycatting Berlusconi.

Does that make Berlusconi a dick too, iyho?

Georgeob1 (see next post in that thread) thought Berlusconi was funny. Gotta ask if he thought Chirac was too.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 10:13 am
Quote:
[..] During a photograph with other EU leaders in Spain in February 2002, Berlusconi raised two fingers behind the head of the then Spanish Foreign Minister Josep Pique, in the traditional Latin gesture for a cuckold.

Smile I think what we're dealing with here is the mentality of 5-year olds.

<Apologies to 5-year olds everywhere>
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 10:24 am
Yup
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 04:07 pm
Blessed irony.
0 Replies