Bush supporters' aftermath thread

Lash

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 05:48 pm
Thank you, Boortz.

Say it again!

And please ... if you're one of those who wants to parrot that absurd line that there was no connection between Saddam Hussein's government and Al Qaeda ... save your breath. Share that idea with your fellow appeasers. Go ahead and ignore the 9/11Commission Report and the report of David Kay. The connection was clear, the threat clearer. I would rather listen to you spineless myrmidons ignorantly saying that it just ain't so than to have to listen to you wonder why Bush didn't act on the information that it was, in fact, so after it's too late to save tens of thousands of American lives.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 05:55 pm
As Reagan once said, "Facts are stupid things."
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 10:00 pm
You don't like the facts in the Kay and 911 Commission Report?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 05:26 am
I really respect Neal Boortz, particularly his clear vision on bravery and cowardice, which he honed, apparently, through avoiding fighting in Nam himself while letting others do all that messy dying for him. Stand up fellow and true-blue American, Neal. I suppose it is possible that he had a cyst on his bum, too.

And I bow down to the analytic capabilities demonstrated here...
Quote:
The reality is that these Islamic radicals are pursuing their oft-stated goal of killing as many Americans as they possibly can, all with a goal of eventually bringing the world to heel under Islamic domination and rule. Never in the history of mankind have humans faced such an enemy on such a scale. Their goal is domination, and their means to that goal is mass murder. To these Islamic terrorists there are no innocents. If you are not Muslim you are an infidel, a non-believer, and thus destined to die. After all, it's Allah's will, right?

World domination by Muslim radicals teeters on the very edge of achieving full fruition. It is surely only a matter of time before farmers in Idaho will be slaving in the north forty over the stinky hummus crops and then at dusk, wailing prayers from the tops of their silos. Way worse than the Nazis...huge scarier than Atilla...heck, even the Commies pale into invisibility compared to the dangers of Muslim fanatics.

And too, the sophistication of Boortz's theology can only impress, noting how unique is Islam in its notion that those who do not hold to that particular faith are destined to die, heaven and the company of god unavailable.
Quote:
As a follower of Jesus Christ, I believe the Bible to be the inerrant word of God. I believe in Jesus' statement: "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me." Christians accept this as the only way to God.

Of course, that quote is from Franklin Grapham, for whose sophisticated theological opinions I also hold tremendous respect (though I do confess I'm rather less confident regarding his sister, who ended up in jail last night after trying to choke her husband in a K Mart parking lot).
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 09:37 am
Blatham, Your put-down of Neal Boortz was first class - using his own words and revealing his own cowardice. They all have something in common; they can talk a good piece, but fails in the action department.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 09:59 am
Hmmm. McCarthy-ites now using Vietnam as a litmus test for the ability to speak a political opinion?

Do you now, or have you ever had a DD-214, Blatham?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 12:07 pm
Quote:
Do you now, or have you ever had a DD-214, Blatham?

I got both hands up, ask me, ask me!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 12:11 pm
Blatham is a Canadian citizen. LOL
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 12:16 pm
OK C.I. has both hands up as well, but you go for it Lash and keep asking Blatham for his DD214. Did we draft Canadians? Is that what the republicans are pissed about re Canada, that we didn't draft the lasy-ass bastards? Bunch of freakin' foreigners who refused to fight in our dirty little war!
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 12:38 pm
Lash wrote:
You don't like the facts in the Kay and 911 Commission Report?

Thou protests too much ...

"we have seen no evidence that these or the earlier contacts ever developed into a collaborative operational relationship"

"no confirmed reporting on Saddam cooperating with Bin Ladin"

"Bin Laden is said to have requested space to establish training camps, as well as assistance in procuring weapons, but Iraq apparently never responded."

"what we do not have, as the chairman said, is any evidence of a concrete collaborative operational agreement. Conversations, yes, but nothing concrete."

nimh wrote:
This is true at least to the extent that the 900-page report has hardly a mention for Iraq, and none that confirm any connection.

Use the "search" function for "Saddam Hussein", and you'll find nothing. Use it for "Iraq", and all you find is two mentions of any relevance, both involving leads that yielded nothing:

Quote:
- "DCI Tenet testified that "Atta may also have traveled outside of the U.S. in early April 2001 to meet an Iraqi intelligence officer, although we are still working to corroborate this." Atta may have traveled under an unknown alias: the CIA has been unable to establish that he left the United States or entered Europe in April under his true name or any known alias."

Quote:
- "In February 1999, the Intelligence Community obtained information that Iraq had formed a suicide pilot unit that it planned to use against British and U.S. forces in the Persian Gulf. The CIA commented that this was highly unlikely and probably disinformation."

That's it. Nothing further even worth a mention in the tome of a report. No connection to Saddam's Iraq whatsoever, when it comes to the Al-Qaeda attacks on the US that killed almost 3,000 people.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 01:33 pm
dys-- You and CI likely purposefully missed the point.

I know you both served. Yet, neither of you would stoop to insinuating people who didn't have no right to speak. At least, I don't think you would.

Blatham isn't even a US citizen, yet he doesn't mind blabbing about all things American. He doesn't know what he'd have done faced with the choice, but he is quick to act as though he has the moral authority to judge others.

He does not.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 02:09 pm
Lash
Lash wrote:

I know you both served. Yet, neither of you would stoop to insinuating people who didn't have no right to speak. At least, I don't think you would.

Blatham isn't even a US citizen, yet he doesn't mind blabbing about all things American. He doesn't know what he'd have done faced with the choice, but he is quick to act as though he has the moral authority to judge others.

He does not.

Lash, your bellicose postings today on this and on another thread causes me to wonder if you've stopped taking your meds.

Blatham does not merit your attack on his citizenship or his right to free speech. You diminish your reputation on A2K with such screeds.

If your obvious anger is a reaction to the attacks in London, please consider that we all are angry. But we don't take it out on other A2Kers who may have different opinions than yours.

BBB
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 02:12 pm
Lash, What authority do you have to limit other's speech/opinion?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 03:39 pm
Lash isn't advocating the restriction of anyone's right to expresion, IMO; seems to me she's questioning the motives behind and foundation of the viewpoints expressed by some. As far as I know, motive and foundation both are legitimate areas of examination and question in any debate.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 03:42 pm
Hmm, only presidents have the moral authority to judge others etc.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 03:57 pm
Now, Walter, that's projection on your part, a straw man proposition, and you know it.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 04:06 pm
really timber? I got an offer in the mail from the repubican central committee saying that if I up my indulgence this year I can be forgiven my wanton sins of liberalism.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 04:20 pm
timberlandko wrote:
Now, Walter, that's projection on your part, a straw man proposition, and you know it.

I do. But it seemed to me (for a moment) that others didn't.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 04:24 pm
Re: Lash
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Lash wrote:

He does not.

Lash, your bellicose postings today on this and on another thread causes me to wonder if you've stopped taking your meds.

Quote:
Personal attack---BBB's modus operandi.

Blatham does not merit your attack on his citizenship or his right to free speech. You diminish your reputation on A2K with such screeds.

Quote:
Ingratiating defense of small boned man--BBB's modus operandi.

If your obvious anger is a reaction to the attacks in London, please consider that we all are angry. But we don't take it out on other A2Kers who may have different opinions than yours.
Quote:
Small-minded attempt to deflect topic---BBB's modus operandi.

BBB

BBB obviously agrees with Blatham, that Boortz doesn't have the right to speak his opinion, because he didn't serve in Vietnam.

BBB--Did YOU serve in Vietnam? Will you and Blatham make a list of those you will allow to speak? Is Vietnam your only litmus test?

<Oh wait. I don't think she's allowed to speak.>
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 05:01 pm
Just to nudge things back toward the impact of Bush's reelection, lets take a look at just a couple of developments which some folks might have missed in the flury of other news this week.

US Economy: June Jobless Rate Falls, Payrolls Rise

U.S. Budget Deficit May Drop to $325 Bln This Year, Agency Says

The jobless rate now stands at 5.0%, the lowest it has been in 5½ years. Average monthly job growth for 2005 to date is 181,000, in line with the full-year average of 183,000/mo set for 2004. Month-over-Month or Quarter-over-Quarter, job growth has been robust, consistent, and sustained. Real incomes, following the year-plus-long trend, rose last month, with the overall gain as of May this year 7% over the same month last year. Despite the impact of escalating oil costs, and the resultant depressive effect on auto sales, retailers have announced June saw the largest sales gain in over a year, maintaining a record pace. GDP is growing at an average greater than that which pertained over the previous 3 decades. Though consumer spending remains consistently robust, total consumer credit has fallen by the largest amount in over 14 years.

Enhanced tax revenue due to the robust economy have resulted in a nearly 25% reduction in the growth of the deficit (which, BTW, remains, as percentage of GDP, well below historic figures, and within the norm for the entire post-WWII period). Tax revenue has increased 15% over the past year, while spending has increased by 7%. For the 1st 3 quarters of the 2004/5 fiscal spending year, the budget deficit stands at an estimated $251 Billion verus the $327 Billon recorded a year ago. For June, '05, the monthly account balance actually showed a $21 Billion surplus. The dollar continues a steady increase versus other world currencies, the US securities and commodities markets are both stable and strong.

America is working more, producing more, earning more, and contributing more tax revenue than ever before in history, and the American consumer not only is buying more than ever in history, but using historically less consumer credit to do so. Interest rates, tax rates, and inflation rates are at or near historic lows. US home ownership is at an unparallelled level, and the housing market remains historically strong.

In other developments, Iraq and Afghanistan have emergent democratic governments, Syria is out of Lebanon, and real progress is being made in the Israel/Palestine theater (despite the intransigence of some Palestinian factions). North Korea has agreed to resume talks.

What a disaster. I can see why The Democrats are upset with the aftermath of the election. Its all Bush's fault.
0 Replies