Midnight Election Night

au1929

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 10:24 am
Four more years of this

http://www.imgag.com/product/full/ap/3067907/graphic1.swf
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 10:27 am
The left will usuallynot agree that liberty is being accomplished through the war in Iraq or the war against terrorism while the right usually does see a correlation.

Justice for the right is allowing for there to be consequences for ones choices. Justice for the left is reimbursing the disadvantaged or making allowances for those who made the wrong choices.

Equality for the right is equal opportunity for those of equal ability, determination, inspiration, motivation. Equality for the left is usually identified as equality of outcome regardless of ability, determination, inspiration, or motivation.

There are variations and degrees to all of this of course, but this is how I see it.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 10:40 am
Larry wrote
Quote:
They cannot "impose" their beliefs. But their faith commands them to witness them.

What do you mean by witness them?
The republicans are in the white house, control congress and will soon own the supreme court. Yes, they can and no doubt will legislate and impose there religious beliefs upon this nation. The first attack will be against Roe v Wade.
Remember, among other reasons people came to these shores for religious freedom. The born again Christians are not content with that principle.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 10:43 am
au1929 wrote:
Larry wrote
Quote:
They cannot "impose" their beliefs. But their faith commands them to witness them.

What do you mean by witness them?

Testify to them and live them at home and work.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 10:48 am
Larry you forgot. And impose them on others.
0 Replies

HofT

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 11:09 am
AU - with respect I fail to see your line of reasoning. You support the state of Israel (ab initio an establishment of religion, which btw our constitution prevents us from financing with public monies) and seem to imply that a Bush victory somehow would press you to convert?

Please clarify. Thank you.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 11:14 am
This is a very very sad day. I feel like I'm in mourning.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 11:27 am
HofT
My support for the state of israel as a haven for the jewish people, Anti semitism is alive and well.
Hoft wrote
Quote:
you seem to imply that a Bush victory somehow would press you to convert?

No was just making a point in answer to a question by baldimo. He seemed to imply that the majority majority should be able to impose their religious beliefs.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 12:29 pm
au1929 wrote:

Can someone impose their values on you, anon?

It doesn't work with me...anyone trying to impose their values on me might as well be talking to a post. Now, having a discussion about one's values is yet another thing.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 12:29 pm
au1929 wrote:

Can someone impose their values on you.?

It doesn't work with me...anyone trying to impose their values on me might as well be talking to a post. Now, having a discussion about one's values is yet another thing.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 12:30 pm
I'm not going near that....
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 12:40 pm
Admirable restraint, bear. Truly admirable.

{smooch}
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 12:48 pm
Eva wrote:
Admirable restraint, bear. Truly admirable.

{smooch}

wouldn't want to get sent to the prinicpal again :wink:

smooch right back at ya...and a ((((((((((((BEAR HUG))))))))))))))))))))
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 01:24 pm
Oooh, that felt good. I really needed a bear hug today.

Everywhere I go here, people are celebrating, and I just want to scream. Sad
0 Replies

angie

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 05:48 pm
Foxfyre wrote: "Equality for the right is equal opportunity for those of equal ability, determination, inspiration, motivation. ..."

unless, those people of equal ability, determination, inspiration, motivation .... happen to be gay.

Right?
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 05:53 pm
angie wrote:
Foxfyre wrote: "Equality for the right is equal opportunity for those of equal ability, determination, inspiration, motivation. ..."

unless, those people of equal ability, determination, inspiration, motivation .... happen to be gay.

Right?

Nope, that would be illegal discrimination based on sexual preference.
0 Replies

angie

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 05:56 pm
And would a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage fit into that description of discrimination based upon sexual orientation?
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 06:04 pm
No, because there is no sexual discrimination in marriage now. Everybody has the exact same rights.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 06:10 pm
angie wrote:
And would a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage fit into that description of discrimination based upon sexual orientation?

No, it would merely define what marriage is...a legal union of one man and one woman.

Civil unions would still be permitted if the states wanted to adopt them.

BTW, I am not in favor of Bush's proposed Constitutional Amendment.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 06:18 pm
foxfyre sez
Quote:
The left will usuallynot agree that liberty is being accomplished through the war in Iraq or the war against terrorism while the right usually does see a correlation.

History will confirm who is correct and who is not. i believe that, wars started and maintained by means that are dishonorable, cannot have honorable outcomes.That smaks a bit too much like the Third Reich .I cant be part of this , so when the roundups start, I suppose Ill be one of those at the head of the line, being rounded up. You , however, will curry favor with your einzgruppen fuehrer.Liberty indeed.
0 Replies