Midnight Election Night

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 11:06 pm
I am going to bed....bush has it...I knew it......I hate it.....but I see it....

God help us all....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 5,517 • Replies: 126
No top replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 11:22 pm
Keep that hate close to your heart, Bear. You're gonna need it...
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 11:44 pm
I'm still hopeful, nothing is written in stone yet.
0 Replies

angie

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 12:05 am
He is not my president.

NEVER.

Trust is an amazing thing, isn't it? Interesting thing about trust: once it's broken, it's never quite the same, so whether YOUR president actually won or Rove managed to steal another one, we'll never know. More importantly, nearly half the country will not care.

I will turn my attention to the local level where I can make a difference. When the time comes in two years to re-focus on the national level, I will work again to remove the un-American, divisive, hateful, lying neo-cons who are a disgrace to what America truly stands for.

Those who voted for Bush deserve the lying, immoral, arrogant, pandering and, most important, dangerous government they have chosen. We will be less and less safe, more and more divided.

There is clearly a cultural war in America, and, believe me, it will escalate exponentially with each passing day. The radical, right-wing, religious, fundamentalist extremists started it, and I say "Bring it on".
Fifty-odd years ago, people took to the streets for racial civil rights, and, though it was ugly, ultimately justice and equality prevailed. I'm ready to fight the fight again.

If America does not stand for justice and equality, if America does not care about its poor and disadvanteged, if America does not lead in the world by example and with respect rather than by intimidation, if America dismisses the truth as irrelevant, then America is over.

So, Mr. Bush, you will never, ever be my president. I love my country, but I despise you, for the lies you have told us, for the tragic deaths you have inflicted upon us re your selfish war in Iraq, for the brutally dangerous position your unbridled and insulting arrogance has brought to us and to the rest of the world in the real war on terror, for the immoral way you have torn at the fabric of true American ideals and real family values, for the unforgivable way you have bitterly and tragically divided this beautiful country.

Enjoy your victory, Mr. Bush. Feed your sick and perverted ego. You may have been able to fool and/or scare enough of the American electorate to get your disgusting, disgraceful self re-elected, but, if what your good old fundamentalist buddies say is true, you'll surely be held accountable for the travesty you have inflicted upon this world when you get to the next one.

BTW, congratulations to all the neo-cons on A2K. Enjoy your moment. And enjoy the next four years and all the continuing bitterness, misery, and disgrace YOUR president will inflict upon this country. I am assuming you are not stupid enough to expect any kind of movement towards unity or support for this vile human being. I'm also assuming you will understand why I will not dialogue with any of you any further on "issues". Complete waste of time, both yours and mine. (Hey, how about that, common ground after all.)

So, then, in the spirit of hatred, bitterness, and divisiveness which will clearly be the Bush legacy, I'll sign off from these political threads.

oh, one more thing:

god (or "God") help America.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 12:11 am
I am truly sick to my stomache and am in complete shock! How in the hell can this be???
0 Replies

angie

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 12:19 am
Montana wrote:
I am truly sick to my stomache and am in complete shock! How in the hell can this be???

Rove appealed to the basest instincts in people and got out the bigot vote, as well, of course, as the ignorant vote.

Apparently there are plenty of both in America.
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 12:24 am
angie wrote:
Montana wrote:

Rove appealed to the basest instincts in people and got out the bigot vote, as well, of course, as the ignorant vote.

Or, there are more points of view that the little clique of Liberal friends that you have gathered around you.

Over HALF the voters (51%) have voted for President Bush...

Gore didn't get that much...
Clinton didn't get that much ... either time...

The PEOPLE have spoken...

Just because you don't like the outcome, doesn't invalidate the result.

President Bush got his mandate from the people.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 12:29 am
It's not over yet and I have to believe that Kerry still has a chance! I simply can't believe that the majority would vote for Bush!
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 12:30 am
Montana wrote:
It's not over yet and I have to believe that Kerry still has a chance! I simply can't believe that the majority would vote for Bush!

Liberals always seem to have trouble facing reality... even when it smashes them right in the face.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 12:34 am
Iowa is 92% reporting, and Bush has 7,000+ more votes than Kerry.

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/politics/Elections2004/States/IA.html

EDIT: Sorry. Posted in wrong thread.
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 12:36 am
Ohio
Candidate Votes % of votes
George W. Bush (REP)* 2,548,508 51
John F. Kerry (DEM) 2,441,599 49
Electoral votes: 20 | 91 % of precincts reporting

over 105,000+ vote lead
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 12:40 am
Quote:
Liberals always seem to have trouble facing reality... even when it smashes them right in the face.

I disagree 52% 48% tells me that your president has divided this country not united it...and my face isn't smashed...I may be crying, but I cry for this country and facing 4 more years of this idiot...but you can make your little insults and claim victory...whatever that is worth to you...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 01:12 am
Ticomaya wrote:
Iowa is 92% reporting, and Bush has 7,000+ more votes than Kerry.

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/politics/Elections2004/States/IA.html

EDIT: Sorry. Posted in wrong thread.

On ya Ticomaya - manners and thoughtfulness are gonna be needed round here.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 01:13 am
willow_tl wrote:
Quote:

I disagree 52% 48% tells me that your president has divided this country not united it...and my face isn't smashed...I may be crying, but I cry for this country and facing 4 more years of this idiot...but you can make your little insults and claim victory...whatever that is worth to you...

I stand arm and arm with Willow and I'll second what she said.

By the way, it's not over yet!
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 01:26 am
the bigots and the ignorants
angie wrote:

The ignorant bigots--they have "God on their lips and blood on their hands."

I was watching the History Channel tonight. Hitler: Tyrant of Terror.
Hitler also appealed to bigotry. Hitler was quoted:

"What good fortune for the government that the people do not think."
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 01:57 am
0 to Hitler in 14.

It ain't a record - but it's up there.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 04:14 am
CLIFFHANGER IN OHIO
http://www.cnn.com/
CLIFFHANGER IN OHIO

BUSH
254 electoral votes
57,396,445 (51% total)

KERRY
252 electoral votes
53,727,178 (48% total)

George W. Bush and John Kerry are waiting for presidential election projections in just three states. Ohio, which is too close to call, looks like the key but in Iowa and New Mexico results are delayed. Democratic vice presidential candidate John Edwards said, "We've waited four years for this victory. We can wait one more night."
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 04:24 am
Bush wins popular vote by nearly 4 million.

First President since 1988 to win a majority of the popular vote.

Largest number of votes in history go to Bush

Bush wins electoral vote with comfortable margin...projected 286 - 252

Senate Minority Leader Daschle defeated.

GOP gains seats in House.

GOP gains margin in Senate.

Do ya think the Dems may one day figure out that a campaign based solely on the imagined negatives of the opponent will never be a winner?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 05:04 am
The country appears to have given in to the terrorists.

The voters back the same position on gay marriage that the Taliban holds,

they elect the best recruitment poster boy that Al Queda has ever had

and,

in concert with Osama bin Ladin, agree with policies that will bankrupt the nation.

Yes, a bad night for Dems, but a very good night for terrorism.

Joe
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 05:12 am
Joe Nation wrote:
The country appears to have given in to the terrorists.

The voters back the same position on gay marriage that the Taliban holds,

they elect the best recruitment poster boy that Al Queda has ever had

and,

in concert with Osama bin Ladin, agree with policies that will bankrupt the nation.

Yes, a bad night for Dems, but a very good night for terrorism.

Joe

The people have made their decision in the way of our Republic. Can you accept it, Joe?
0 Replies