I don't know what to do

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2017 08:41 pm
I have a bachelor degree in business administration and i can't get a job. Most jobs are for specific fields such as accounting, finance, HR... Im starting to get hopeless and depressed because of this. Im 24 and never had a real job.. just a few internships and that's it.

McGentrix

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2017 08:45 pm
@Mimi1292,
Mimi1292 wrote:

I have a bachelor degree in business administration and i can't get a job. Most jobs are for specific fields such as accounting, finance, HR... Im starting to get hopeless and depressed because of this. Im 24 and never had a real job.. just a few internships and that's it.

Start small. Find a small business to administer.
0 Replies

Johnherald444

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2017 05:36 am
hey don't be depressed. You are only 24 right now. Don't need to much worry about this. Hope you'll get a better job. All the best!
Mimi1292

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2017 02:36 pm
@Johnherald444,
I hope so. Thanks alot
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2017 03:26 pm
@Mimi1292,
Have you tried working with a recruiting agency (aka headhunter?) - I got many of my jobs (including my first out of college) using a recruiting agency. Not sure where you are located but my experience is - it doesn't cost the prospective employee anything, the employer pays the fee.

Bonus side if you get a good recruiter they will help make changes to your resume if needed and give you pointers on a particular employer if/when you get an interview.

Also have you tried your placement office at the university where you graduated? You should be able to get counseling and help from them - that is part of your tuition is such benefits.

How long have you been looking? And have you done research on companies that might just be looking for smart entry level jobs? Where I work we hire recent graduates that may not necessarily have the exact degree (i.e. accounting, finance) but may be related and the applicant has potential. Smart employers look for long term benefit rather than the precise experience as you note.

Try calling up a company that seems to fit what you would and ask the HR/hiring department. They may not have an opening now but if you sound interested ask for an informational interview - you can find out about them and they can find out about you.

You don't have to match the description precisely if you are willing to be flexible where you would start. As long as the description doesn't say Required - what is stopping you from trying HR for example? Does the job say you need xyz degree? Most entry level will be more open ended. I think you might just have to be more flexible on applying for something that may not be your exact degree fit, but might be within the field - business administration is very broad so you could apply for most that jobs.
roger

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2017 03:37 pm
@Linkat,

Linkat wrote:

You don't have to match the description precisely if you are willing to be flexible where you would start. As long as the description doesn't say Required - what is stopping you from trying HR for example?

Fer sure. Too many job descriptions can only be filled by the person leaving the job. They are going to have to make compromises and take the best they can find. Oh, once they find a bunch of acceptable resumes, they are usually trying to find the person they would most like to work with.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2017 07:51 pm
Also I work on the financial services industry I would be happy to help you you send me a personal message. I am a manager and could give you some contacts depending where you are located.
0 Replies

shadrach heavens

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2017 02:04 am
@Johnherald444,
Read books. That is your problem-not educative ones-inspiring ones. Know what your vision, mission, and purpose are. Learn to be humble-it works-create a job that has nothing to do with your degree.Look for job only occationally.Save money. Fill your bank account. Stay away from friends who are not helpful-it could be your brother. Exercise. Understand spirituality and what faith is-realy is. Have a little library. Read.Read.Read!
0 Replies

Mimi1292

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2017 09:30 pm
@Linkat,
Thanks alot. I've sent you a private message
0 Replies