I don't know what to do in life about job

ad-25

Reply Fri 13 May, 2022 05:48 am
i have bachelor's degree in Computer Science. i used to work in IT company for 2 years. but i left job for my family reasons. now after 8 years i want to again do job. but I dont know where to start? i am very confused and depressed.

jespah

Reply Fri 13 May, 2022 07:09 am
@ad-25,
Go to school. I'm serious.

Get yourself into a certification program. They don't have to be expensive, and you can do them online.

Why am I suggesting this? Because it's been 8 years and I guarantee your skills are rusty. Taking a class will also get you back into the swing of things and you will connect with other people in your field—and networking can help you get a job. You'll also get back in the swing of committing yourself to working without distractions.

It's also a great thing to put on your resume. Whenever I've had seriously long unemployment (which unfortunately I've had more than once), a class I took on my own initiative has impressed hiring managers and interviewers more than nearly anything else. It shows you are a go-getter and you are willing to do what's necessary to succeed.

I wish you well.
Linkat

Reply Fri 13 May, 2022 08:20 am
@jespah,
And in the mean time - especially if you are in the US (as I cannot vouch for the situation in other countries) - reach out to a recruiter if you need to work or just want to get some experience. You could do a temporary gig. Many recruiters place people in temporary positions as well as permanent.

Right now where I live, employers are looking for people. A recruiter can direct you, help you pull together your resume, give you advice on interviewing and set you up with potential employers that you are a good match with. Almost all recruiting companies get paid by the hiring company so you do not pay a dime. Just confirm that is the situation.

If you need a job now this could work even while you take a class. I do think the class idea is fantastic - just if you need to work now this is one way to get your foot in the door especially where you do not know where to start. You can simply look up recruiting companies in your area and reach out to them.
ad-25

Reply Tue 17 May, 2022 07:24 am
@jespah,
thank you for advise. its very good idea. i am thinking of online classes will help me. as where i live physical classes not present.
thanks for help.
0 Replies

ad-25

Reply Tue 17 May, 2022 07:28 am
@Linkat,
hi. I searched for recruiters but not for my field in my area. So i am thinking of Work From Home option. but are companies still hiring for WFH, i dont know.
jespah

Reply Tue 17 May, 2022 07:32 am
@ad-25,
Lots of places are hiring for work from home. Run a search and you should find them.

The search doesn't have to be local. I work for a company headquartered hundreds of miles away. So can you.
ad-25

Reply Tue 17 May, 2022 07:40 am
@jespah,
There are so many IT online classes, tough to choose. Django Python, is it good??
Linkat

Reply Tue 17 May, 2022 08:12 am
@ad-25,
ad-25 wrote:

There are so many IT online classes, tough to choose. Django Python, is it good??

Reach directly out to the school you are interested in taking online classes from...see if you can meet with a counselor..or look on their website and see if they have advising open hours. My daughter did this and they had open zoom meetings at certain times ...you just clicked on it and you were in a waiting room until an advisor was available. They were able to address her personal situation and get her signed up for a couple of summer classes.
0 Replies