Usama Bin Ladin goes to bat for John Kerry. Why?

panzade

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 11:13 am
two can play dictionary Tico

Soz was referring to this definition:To preoccupy the mind of excessively.
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 11:17 am
I think the dictionary game is another thread around here somewhere :-)
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 11:21 am
For the latest news about where Bin Laden possible is, switch to this thread.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 11:27 am
panzade wrote:
two can play dictionary Tico

Soz was referring to this definition:To preoccupy the mind of excessively.

I'm not sure I understand the rules of "Dictionary" (is that by Milton Bradley? Very Happy ), but didn't you use the same definition I did? Confused

I wrote:
In one definition, "obsessed" means: To preoccupy the mind of excessively.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 11:30 am
so did I , but they meant two totally different things.
I'm sure you caught that Tico.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 11:32 am
panzade wrote:
so did I , but they meant two totally different things.
I'm sure you caught that Tico.

Wait a minute! I thought we were playing "Dictionary." You didn't say we were playing "Read My Mind"!

Very Happy
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 11:33 am
Alls I wuz saying was that a) Thomas didn't say Osama wasn't obsessed, he was saying that he's less obsessed than a lot of Americans think -- he (Osama) has more on his plate than just America and b) if a condition of obsession is declaring war, Bush meets it. (That's what I replied to, Ticomaya saying "He's declared WAR on the US, Thomas. How much more obsessed can he be?")
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 11:35 am
Ticomaya wrote:
Since our military remains actively engaged in Iraq, and might be for some time, I would hope the President would be obsessed with the conflict. Wouldn't you?

Soz was keying on the word excessively. You were keying on the words: to occupy the mind.

I was trying to read your mind, Tico
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 11:38 am
Yes. I didn't really expect to make a post regarding the relative level of OBL/UBL's obsession with the US without one of the many Kerry supporters here getting in a dig at the President.

Pan wrote:
Soz was keying on the word excessively. You were keying on the words: to occupy the mind.

And I'm quite sure if it were claimed that Bush wasn't "excessively" thinking about the Iraq War, the Kerry supporters would be outraged that he wasn't taking the war seriously enough. Am I right?

Is it tomorrow yet?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 11:51 am
You're always right...but...you knew that.

Can't wait for wednesday
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 11:54 am
panzade wrote:
You're always right...but...you knew that.

So true .... Very Happy
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 12:05 pm
I agree with nimh on this one.

1. Osama's tape puts back into the top of the agenda an issue in which Bush is deemed stronger, according to opinion polls. Point for Bush.
2. Bin Laden appears in an act of propaganda, not in an act of direct terrorist action. The chances of an attack against the US before the election diminish (Al Quaeda doesn't tell in advance). Point for Bush.
3. The release of the tape reminds me a lot of the attacks by the Red Brigades, always a few days before the Italian elections. In their contorted minds, the clearer-cut the enemy, the better.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 12:07 pm
Meanwhile, back on the farm, the Irananian Parlaiment votes overwhelmingly to jump-start their uranium enrichment program, proclaiming "Death to America."

Bin Laden must LOVE the fact that we are being stretched so precariously thin in Iraq.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 12:11 pm
I love the fact that we're fighting AQ in Iraq and not in the streets of NYC.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 12:17 pm
Are we fighting AQ in Iraq? Are there any numbers yet on how many are AQ and how many are seperate militants?
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 12:19 pm
Ticomaya:

AQ is spread out over roughly 60 countries around the world. They are NOT the only faction we are fighting in Iraq, but a rather SMALL faction, as we are ALSO fighting Iraqis loyal to Saddam, as well as patriotic Iraqis who firmly believe that we are the murderers and the occupiers.

This was discussed on another thread. How soon one forgets this.

The streets of NYC? Um, last I heard, they flew PLANES into our buildings.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 12:21 pm
The only Iraquis we're fighting in the streets of NY are the vendors...and I wish Homeland Security could do something about this.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 12:47 pm
panzade:

Ya know, if you eat enough of those hot dogs from them Iraqi vendors, then I guess we could consider them gastronomical weapons of mass destruction.

Or, weapons of mass flatulation...
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 01:05 pm
Pan wrote:
Are we fighting AQ in Iraq? Are there any numbers yet on how many are AQ and how many are seperate militants?

I don't have numbers, but we certainly are fighting AQ in Iraq.

Dookie wrote:
AQ is spread out over roughly 60 countries around the world. They are NOT the only faction we are fighting in Iraq, but a rather SMALL faction, as we are ALSO fighting Iraqis loyal to Saddam, as well as patriotic Iraqis who firmly believe that we are the murderers and the occupiers.

And to which two countries is AQ presently sending its operatives to fight the jihad against the infidel? I am well-aware that we are not only fighting AQ in Iraq, but we are fighting many AQ in Iraq. That is unless YOU find it politically convenient to call al Zarqawi "NOT" al Qaeda for purposes of this discussion.

Dookie wrote:
The streets of NYC? Um, last I heard, they flew PLANES into our buildings.

And last I heard those buildings crashed down into the streets.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 01:22 pm
Quote:
I don't have numbers

Of course you don't. That's like saying 75% of Al Qaeda's leadership has been eliminated when we don't know how many that actually is. It is what you don't know, and yet continuously assume, that is most sad indeed...

Quote:
And last I heard those buildings crashed down into the streets.

Which was actually an unforseen circumstance by bin Laden, if you remember his statements early on. Problem is, bin Laden looks quite alive now, rested, and ready to terrorize again.

Way to go, Bush. Too bad he wasn't that concerned with bin Laden anymore.
0 Replies