Usama Bin Ladin goes to bat for John Kerry. Why?

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 02:56 pm
Has anyone found the translated message yet?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 16,583 • Replies: 350
No top replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 03:00 pm
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/10/29/terror/main652373.shtml
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 03:01 pm
This is all I've found so far:

Al Jazerra wrote:
Usama bin Ladin appeared on Aljazeera television on Friday accusing US President George W. Bush of deceiving the American people.

In an address just days ahead of the US presidential election, bin Ladin also said the US administration resembled "corrupt" Arab governments.

He accused Bush of reacting slowly to the September 11 attacks, saying: "I never thought that the supreme leader would leave 50,000 of his people in the two towers to face the terrifying events alone at the time they were in need for him."

Refering to next week's elections, he told Americans: "Your security is not in the hands of (Democratic candidate John) Kerry or (President George W.) Bush or al-Qaida. Your security is in your own hands ...."

He accused Bush of "misleading" the American people four years after the September 11 attacks.

Claiming responsibility for the attacks, bin Ladin said, "we decided to destroy towers in America," because "we want to regain the freedom of our nation."

He added that "the reasons to repeat what happened" on 11 September 2001 remain.
Source
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 03:01 pm
Has anyone forgotten the attack on the WTC in 93 or the attack on the U.S.S. Cole when Clinton was President? And so people like OCCOM BILL assume that Bin Laden is going to "bat" for Kerry?

It is just the opposite. Bin Laden would LOVE for Bush to stay in office, for he will have his terrorist recruitment center intact for YEARS to come.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 03:05 pm
Kerry, of course, will say bin Laden released the tape because he wants Bush to be elected, because Kerry would do a better job, blah, blah, ... Why? Because that's good for recruiting new al Qaeda operatives: e.g., keeping Iraq a quagmire, operating an insensitive war on terror, etc.

Something like the stuff Dookie just said.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 03:07 pm
"Your security is not in the hands of (Democratic candidate John) Kerry or Bush or al Qaeda. Your security is in your own hands."

Looks like BOTH Bush and Kerry get equal treatment from this murderous tyrant whom Bush swore he would get "dead or alive," but who then uttered later on that he wasn't "really that concerned about him."
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 03:11 pm
Dookiestix wrote:
"Your security is not in the hands of (Democratic candidate John) Kerry or Bush or al Qaeda. Your security is in your own hands."

Looks like BOTH Bush and Kerry get equal treatment from this murderous tyrant whom Bush swore he would get "dead or alive," but who then uttered later on that he wasn't "really that concerned about him."

Saddam is a "murderous tyrant." Where's your outrage against him?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 03:11 pm
Dookiestix wrote:
Has anyone forgotten the attack on the WTC in 93 or the attack on the U.S.S. Cole when Clinton was President? And so people like OCCOM BILL assume that Bin Laden is going to "bat" for Kerry?

It is just the opposite. Bin Laden would LOVE for Bush to stay in office, for he will have his terrorist recruitment center intact for YEARS to come.
That is by far the most idiotic argument the left advances. If you attack my family, I will have little trouble recruiting family members to fight. That doesn't mean I would LOVE someone to attack my family. Please don't spam this thread with idiocy.

Ps. Taking Usama's word for his motivation is just about as stupid, btw. Idea
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 03:17 pm
O'BILL: You've titled this thread: " Usama Bin Ladin goes to bat for John Kerry. Why?" But how exactly is Bin Laden "going to bat" for Kerry?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 03:22 pm
Excerpts I've heard so far are very critical of Bush... it's days before the election... Bush is perceived as the action man... and he's calling on less action against Al Qaeda... what do you think?
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 03:22 pm
Dookiestix wrote:

gee. what i got from the translation was;

obl not going to bat for kerry. but taking a bat to both kerry and bush.

but what i really want to know is; how the hell hillary got obl to do a new video this close to election?

said the dtom with tongue in cheek... :wink:
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 03:27 pm
No, it's not idiocy, O'Bill. Osama's thing has been to paint the US -- whomever is at the helm -- as a boogeyman coming to wipe out Islam and take their oil. Bush helped take that paranoid rhetoric and make it seem somewhat realistic. That's quite a recruitment tool.

It's arguable, so if you want to argue it, go for it. But it's not idiotic.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

The title of this thread is intentionally misleading. No different from a political attack ad, though a bit slimier than what I've been seeing and hearing thus far...
0 Replies

Baldimo

Dookiestix wrote:

I'm not that concerned about bin Laden either. I know the military and the govt are doing what is needed to be done to catch him. Think about all the people who have been captured and or killed in the last few years. I think the admin is on top of the issue. I know you don't think they are, but that is fine by me, you're just a partisan hack, just as I am. Enjoy the weekend and get your rest, your going to have a lot of complaining to do in the next four years so make sure you get your rest now! Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 03:39 pm
this is the part that gets me. Looks like he's tweaking George's nose.

"He said he was first inspired to attack the United States by the 1982 Israeli invasion of Lebanon in which towers and buildings in Beirut were destroyed in the siege of the capital.

"While I was looking at these destroyed towers in Lebanon, it sparked in my mind that the tyrant should be punished with the same and that we should destroy towers in America, so that it tastes what we taste and would be deterred from killing our children and women," he said.

"God knows that it had not occurred to our mind to attack the towers, but after our patience ran out and we saw the injustice and inflexibility of the American-Israeli alliance toward our people in Palestine and Lebanon, this came to my mind," he said.

Bin Laden suggested Bush was slow to react to the Sept. 11 attacks, giving the hijackers more time than they expected. At the time of the attacks, the president was listening to schoolchildren in Florida reading a book.

"It never occurred to us that the commander-in-chief of the American armed forces would leave 50,000 of his citizens in the two towers to face these horrors alone," he said, referring to the number of people who worked at the World Trade Center.

"It appeared to him (Bush) that a little girl's talk about her goat and its butting was more important than the planes and their butting of the skyscrapers. That gave us three times the required time to carry out the operations, thank God," he said.

In planning the attacks, bin Laden said he told Mohammed Atta, one of the hijackers, that the strikes had to be carried out "within 20 minutes before Bush and his administration noticed."
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 03:42 pm
sozobe wrote:
No, it's not idiocy, O'Bill. Osama's thing has been to paint the US -- whomever is at the helm -- as a boogeyman coming to wipe out Islam and take their oil. Bush helped take that paranoid rhetoric and make it seem somewhat realistic. That's quite a recruitment tool.

It's arguable, so if you want to argue it, go for it. But it's not idiotic.
Sozobe... do you honestly believe Usama would rather prolong the fight than win it? He strikes me as intelligent and highly motivated man who's chosen what he must feel is the only possibly viable vehicle (terrorism) to advance his goals... not some idiotic barbarian who's sole desire is to promote opposition so he has something to fight against. Please hurt me more because I like fighting back? Sorry darlin... That is an idiotic proposition.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 03:51 pm
pan wrote:
Bin Laden suggested Bush was slow to react to the Sept. 11 attacks, giving the hijackers more time than they expected. At the time of the attacks, the president was listening to schoolchildren in Florida reading a book.

"It never occurred to us that the commander-in-chief of the American armed forces would leave 50,000 of his citizens in the two towers to face these horrors alone," he said, referring to the number of people who worked at the World Trade Center.

"It appeared to him (Bush) that a little girl's talk about her goat and its butting was more important than the planes and their butting of the skyscrapers. That gave us three times the required time to carry out the operations, thank God," he said.

That's plain stupid. How did GWB sitting in that chair for a few extra minutes give the hijackers "more time than they expected," much less three times more time? By the time he got the news, both towers had been struck. How did he leave "50,000 of his citizens in the two towers to face these horrors alone." It makes no sense.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 03:52 pm
I agree Tico and I've said before that it was a hollow argument. Hence Osama is jerking Dubya's chain.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 04:01 pm
That's where I got the title from, Panz.
Parallel thread here.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 04:03 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
By the time he got the news, both towers had been struck. How did he leave "50,000 of his citizens in the two towers to face these horrors alone." It makes no sense.

I believe you are incorrect on this... do I need to look it up?

Bush had been told about the first tower in them limo on his way to the school. My recollection is he said that he assumed it was an accident. He was told about the second tower while sitting in the classroom.
0 Replies