If Jesus Christ were alive today, would he support the Democratic or Republican party?

Lash

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2017 07:59 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I didn't say anything of the kind.

I said he's Bernie Sanders.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2017 08:19 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
South European yes, Portuguese, from a very old family.
And yes you nailed it, concerning Trump, I am hopelessly lost to give him any credit...source? Not Left TV, not the web, just Himself speaking.
I agree I should stick to some pseudo Philosophy ranting. That is what I like to do. Politics this day n age is noise n trash.
0 Replies

camlok

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2017 08:37 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
as Russia invaded the Ukraine and China created artificial island/military installations in the South China Sea.

Bald faced lie on the first assertion and on the second, what is the problem with China doing that? Is it worse than the US stealing a nation in the Chagos Islands, dumping the natives people on a dock in a foreign country just to create another US military base? Or the US committing genocide to illegally take over the Hawaiian Islands? Or Guam, or the Marshall Islands, or blowing up and contaminating islanders lands with atomic bombs?

And please, don't be a coward and avoid these questions.
0 Replies

camlok

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2017 08:38 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
You sound like you are hopelessly disabled by your ideology...I hope that is not the case.

Could you possibly be a bigger hypocrite, Finn?

Yup, just wait until your next post.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2017 04:37 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
So if some Americans agree with me, how is this a French thing? And how about the Zimbabweans, the Dutch and the Chinese? Are they not allowed an opinion on Trump?

Quote:
Still I would like to know just what horrific, fascist things Trump has done since taking office.

Whipping up senseless hatred among communities is dangerous, as history shows, and is already leading to a rise in antisemitic acts and hate crimes.

The lack of respect for US institutions that provide value to the public and even their programmed destruction (EPA, etc.), as well as the general anarchy in which this admin is marred, are similar to Hitler's rule.

The debasing of truth is Orwellian.

The designation of honest reporters as "enemies of the people" is particularly sordid. Why not try them for treason, because they dared say the truth?

The increasing influence of the filthy rich is inherently fascist, in that huge economic inequalities always require a strong police state and propaganda machine to enforce.

Russia, currently a fascist regime, has a strong influence on the US presidency. Putin helped put Trump where he is, can severely embarrass Trump with sex tapes and other stuff, and is beloved by Trump's ideologues.
camlok

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2017 11:35 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
The debasing of truth is Orwellian.

You are priceless, Olly. That is what you have been doing from the beginning to the end in the "Physics of 911" thread.

And actually you are exactly like finn, georgeob1, guijohn, McGentrix, layman, Baldimo, ... .

Quote:
The designation of honest reporters as "enemies of the people" is particularly sordid. Why not try them for treason, because they dared say the truth?

Can you say stunning hypocrite, Olly?
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2017 02:51 pm
Catholics in the big cities might more likely say He'd be a Democratic. Rural Protestants of an Evangelical bent would more likely say He'd be a Republican. Since it was St. Paul that proselytized to the Gentiles, I think Jesus would be a Republican, since the Jews in Jerusalem seemed to be his main concern; not really involved in globalization of that time. Let's not forget that Jesus, the man, was an anti-Roman zealot, and was just preaching a variation of High Priest Judaism, Jesus the Rabbi, just being on the cutting edge of Judaism.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2017 03:54 pm
@Foofie,
"Cutting edge Judaism" it rings nice.
Who is at the cutting edge of Judaism today ?
Foofie

Reply Sat 18 Mar, 2017 12:35 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

"Cutting edge Judaism" it rings nice.

I would think no one, since the faith is too divided amongst different denominations. I think the only thing that all denominations can agree on is that looks matter. Height is nice too.
Olivier5

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2017 12:55 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

Fil Albuquerque wrote:

I would think no one, since the faith is too divided amongst different denominations.

It was the same during the first century. Three sects were described by Josephus: the Pharisees, the Sadducees, and the Essenes. There could have been a lot more.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2017 12:56 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

Barbers?
Foofie

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2017 02:17 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Fil Albuquerque wrote:

Barbers?

Perhaps, some of those that voted for Brexit, since Judaism and its followers have their own beliefs, and like that autonomy.
perennialloner

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2017 04:12 pm
@Foofie,
Wouldn't that make them the opposite of cutting edge? And more like run of the mill. Id figure messianic jews would be a more appropriate choice considering they believe in the cutting edge jew himself?
Baldimo

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2017 10:48 am
@izzythepush,
That's actually funny.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2017 01:50 pm
@perennialloner,
perennialloner wrote:

Wouldn't that make them the opposite of cutting edge? And more like run of the mill. Id figure messianic jews would be a more appropriate choice considering they believe in the cutting edge jew himself?

The analogy was based on Brexit voters were voting for autonomy for Britain, and Jesus was proselytizing a newer version of Judaism. I understand your interpretation, but the problem in my mind is that messianic Jews are making up a new definition of Jew, compared to all other denominations of Judaism, and Brexit voters are not making up a new definition of British, just refocusing it on the island nation, and not part of the continent of the EU. But, no need to argue; you are right for you.
perennialloner

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2017 08:48 pm
@Foofie,
But that's a faulty parallel. Jesus, as you said, was proselytizing a newer version of Judaism, not returning to an older version that had been lost over time.
0 Replies