What made you smile today?

BillW

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2020 08:37 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

I recall 'Abuzz'. We had a member that went by the name of Craven de Kere. In its dying days he started the MSN site called Raven's Realm. Looking for wider experience, he started A2K and finally became Robert.

I was a year or so late into A2K because I had gone to Hey Martha out of Abuzz, I wasn't into Raven Realm but I certainly remember Robert aka Craven in my early days of A2K. I don't know if he was a part of the Boston bunch but I do believe a few years back he left the A2K package to a few of them to manage.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 7 Dec, 2020 08:51 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

I recall 'Abuzz'. We had a member that went by the name of Craven de Kere. In its dying days he started the MSN site called Raven's Realm. Looking for wider experience, he started A2K and finally became Robert.

I remember Ravens Realm. (and Roger!) We used to have online chats. They were Sunday morning my time, Saturday afternoon / evening in various US times.
roger

Reply Mon 7 Dec, 2020 09:51 pm
@margo,
Oh, I remember those chats. In fact, that's why I selected the roger here with all lower case. They went so fast, I wanted to save people the time it took to use the caps lock key. Of course, I was pretty much the slowest time on the board, anyway. There is a chat site available on a2k, too, but it doesn't seem to work very well, and total strangers wander in and out, too
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 7 Dec, 2020 11:12 pm
At first I smiled as I read about some person that lost 12 million dollars when selling their apartment...

...then I remembered how these filthy rich folk are and realized they'd likely manage to get a 20 million dollar tax break for that. Which would hit me and other not so wealthy people in taxes and fees on anything and everything.

So, looking around, I smiled again when the heating system was fixed.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2020 06:39 am
I woke up this morning.

I smiled at that.

0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2020 07:07 am
The little one gave grandpa some clues about the gift he was giving him this Christmas. 1) it's the size of a book. 2) it has pages. Lol
Tai Chi

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2020 06:06 pm
@Joeblow,
That made me smile too Joe
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2020 07:02 pm
Lambs are being born (we messed up by not closing a gate to the ram's paddock Last August). Were having a block of black and white lamds sometimes twins of each color. So this morning I ent out to check the barn shelter where the mommas and lambs are. There in the middle of the bunch was Jake our big dark gray Komondoor dog (he kinda is looking like a sheep).
He was sleeping in the pen and all over him were about 8 lambs all sleeping. As soon as I got in Jake awaoke gave a half ass "Wuf" and saw it ws me. The ,lambs were immediately all up and the moment was lost. It was kinda neat though. I dont think Jakey wants me to spread any stories about this soft side.

I never have a camera maybe I should just set up some Gopros and try to do it all over.
Borat Sister

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2020 11:01 pm
@farmerman,
Awwwwwwwwwwwwww
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Sun 20 Dec, 2020 05:03 am
Smiling (weakly) at seeing the following.

Just 370 more days left until Christmas.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Sun 20 Dec, 2020 08:03 am
@farmerman,
Sweet image in my mind's eye
farmerman

Reply Sun 20 Dec, 2020 09:48 am
@Joeblow,
We have to give jake a cutting , bath with a power washer and a grooming. Komondors just love to roll in the dirt an grass like any other cattle.
Couple weeks ago when we hd some kids over I sprinkled some alafalfa on Jake and the little lambs made a beeline for him and were nibbling the hay in his fur. he patiently stood there and let em nibble
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 20 Dec, 2020 10:54 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

We have to give jake a cutting , bath with a power washer and a grooming. Komondors just love to roll in the dirt an grass like any other cattle.
Couple weeks ago when we hd some kids over I sprinkled some alafalfa on Jake and the little lambs made a beeline for him and were nibbling the hay in his fur. he patiently stood there and let em nibble

I tend a property for a friend of mine owns when they are down in Florida. Here are some pictures of some of my charges:

https://i.postimg.cc/65Fn9hh6/100-3736.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/nrP79Kbk/100-3759.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/zBdH4wBr/100-3755.jpg

Borat Sister

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2020 07:40 am
@Frank Apisa,
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2020 07:41 am
Frank the Shepherd!
Who knew?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2020 07:47 am
@George,
Pastor Frank
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2020 11:19 am
Church of the 'I Don’t Have a Clue, and Neither Do You'.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2020 11:28 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Pastor Frank
Pastor is Latin (therefor the response to George) for "shepherd", btw.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2020 07:17 am
Having a new boiler fitted, literally just finished. We’ve had no hot water or central heating since 28th November because our tight fisted landlord didn’t want to pay for a new one. It took four visits by engineers before the last one decreed the old one was irreparable and needed replacing. That was on Friday.
roger

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2020 03:07 pm
@izzythepush,
I'd still be growling.
0 Replies