What made you smile today?

ehBeth

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2016 09:27 pm
@Roberta,
ruffles are easy to knit
it's either doubling or halving row by row

the dots could be knit in as if it were fair isle - or just stitched on afterward

mulling as I'm about an inch and a half from the end of the main part of the sweater

it's kind of groovy - knit in funky orange and yellow yarns I found at a thrift shop

she'll be a small warm hipster
margo

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2016 11:34 am
@ehBeth,
I say go for it - the dawg can carry it. Spots in navy perhaps?

Roberta - what do the dogs keep in their pockets? A hanky? Bus fare? Treats?
ehBeth

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2016 11:42 am
@margo,
hmmm I do have some rawther nice variegated navy/blue yarn

__

some dogs carry weights in their pockets - it's a training thing - for using up excess energy

I used to put poop bags (empty of course!) into a pocket of one of Bailey's winter coats - transit tokens in another pocket. Bella's too low to the ground for that to be effective. I'd have to pick her up to get the stuff Laughing
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2016 04:05 pm
ossobuco

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2016 04:45 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I hated that. I can't even shut the thing off. I guess I have to shut down.

ossobuco

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2016 04:51 pm
@ossobuco,
I shut safari down and that worked.

I get movie making. I don't get the promotion of zooming through streets for fun with people on them of varying ability to just get along, and most big streets are like that.
Promoting assholes?

dlowan

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2016 12:51 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

hmmm I do have some rawther nice variegated navy/blue yarn

__

some dogs carry weights in their pockets - it's a training thing - for using up excess energy

I used to put poop bags (empty of course!) into a pocket of one of Bailey's winter coats - transit tokens in another pocket. Bella's too low to the ground for that to be effective. I'd have to pick her up to get the stuff Laughing

Excess energy. Weights. SEBASTIAN!
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2016 02:26 am
Finally settling on the gas oven/grill/range for our Tiny House, and pressing that "buy it now" button. Yeppers.
roger

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2016 02:43 am
@Builder,
And I hope you are still smiling a month after you install it.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2016 05:49 pm
@ossobuco,
It made me smile ......
ossobuco

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2016 05:57 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I see I was crabby in that post. I'm not your most steady walker now (long time walker/jogger) and wary as **** when I wasn't before. Going to, say, Walmart at a busy time can be positively dangerous for me or someone else. I should change my tone and describe my first visit there as a comedy - that could work too.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2016 06:03 pm
What made me smile was getting an email notice that the guy who manned The Dish for years, Andrew Sullivan, then phased that out, is coming back to writing, if not blogging. He'll be writing for New York Magazine, which I read anyway, once in a while. I didn't find The Dish until about a year before the end of it, but that year was a good read.

I know he has been controversial, but I like the guy.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2016 06:04 pm
What made me smile was getting an email notice that the guy who manned The Dish for years, Andrew Sullivan, then phased that out, is coming back to writing, if not blogging. He'll be writing in New York Magazine, which I read anyway, once in a while. I didn't find The Dish until about a year or a little more before the end of it, but that year was a good read.

I know he has been controversial, but I like the guy.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2016 10:02 pm
fun evening with a friend

great meal at Lucky Red including a really tasty Belgian style white beer, then off to see a show put on by the instructors at the dance studio I go to and 10 dancers from across North America they'd invited to spend a week with them - it was spectacular - so much power and energy and beauty
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2016 06:24 am
http://images.dailykos.com/images/234095/story_image/theblindside.png
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2016 07:43 am
http://i.imgur.com/T4Ch34t.jpg
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2016 10:46 pm
Tonight is the first night of Passover. I don't observe, but my neighbors do. I was leaving my apartment just as they opened the door to let in the ghost of Elijah. (Timing is everything.) I think my presence was a bit of a shock. I didn't say "boo."

0 Replies

Robin Macson

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2016 03:32 am
I love waking up in the morning knowing that there is people loving me. It made me smile because I am so blessed to have them in my life. They're the reason of smile. I love waking up in the morning when the sun flashes in the window.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2016 05:15 am
https://media.yourdailydish.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/CFP-Mothers2.jpg
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2016 05:18 am
https://media.yourdailydish.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/creepiest-christmas-photo-ever-e1451500283553.jpg
0 Replies