margo

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2015 12:33 am
@ehBeth,
Well - the best of luck with it!

When? OH - next Saturday! Wheeee!

What are you wearing?
izzythepush

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2015 02:51 am
This naughty optical illusion when meeting comedy legends the Chuckle Brothers.

[youtube]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CUMk8PHWEAA4xx4.jpg[/youtube]
FBM

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2015 03:13 am
@izzythepush,
You've got a .jpg between YouTube tags there.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2015 03:15 am
So the restaurant of course failed, I have mentioned it but I have not talked about it much because there have of late with too many loud jerks running around and most of the people that I really liked are gone or mostly gone. And we are bankrupt, which sucks, but I loved my baby and I dont regret what I do for love. The baby of course being the restaurant. So we get a tree, and I want Noble which is more expensive but last year for the first time in like 15 years I got a cheap fir, and had needles all over the livingroom. Not again, we get a good tree or nothing, on some things I am uncompromising, and they always revolve around quality of life. So we get a smaller tree than normal, I usually get 10 footers because what the **** I love a huge tree, and I am worth it. So we get a 6.5 footer.

God damned if it doesn't look better.

Had to smile at myself when I noticed, took about 5 seconds for my brain to register. BAM! then smile.
0 Replies

NSFW (view)
ehBeth

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2015 11:54 pm
@margo,
lord only knows what I'll wear
nothing flashy
it is the Dark Salon after all

__

in separate news, our Roma dance collective has been selected to perform in a fairly important festival in April. kinda crazy. we've got to get our new choreo set and everyone trained

omg

super-exciting

__

maybe even better, 3 other people from my old folklore troupe will be performing at the same festival. 2 in a duet, 1 in a different troupe. but still - 4 of us performing at the same festival! just sent a note to our old troupe director to let her know and thank her for her mentorship
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2015 12:10 am
Got the Alfa R36 access point to talk to the Alfa NHR wireless booster/receiver. Only took a half hour of cursing and gesticulating. Yay me.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2015 05:32 pm
@Builder,
Yay you!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2015 05:54 pm
Did the National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) thing this year. Last time I tried, I was like a racehorse that went lame as it came out the gate. This time, I was a winner. This thing, billed as a contest, instills a work ethic in many writers. It certainly taught me. Not every writer needs that kind of training, but it is good to have this organization for ones that do.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2015 06:04 pm
@edgarblythe,
Congrats!
ossobuco

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2015 06:18 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Good, good, and good!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2015 07:54 pm
an email from debacle with his new e-ddress

so happy to see that
FBM

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2015 08:38 pm
The comments to this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSR6ZzjDZ94
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2015 11:35 pm
@ehBeth,
excellent! I miss him, of course.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2015 03:47 pm
@edgarblythe,
When are you going to post that novel on a2k?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2015 05:20 pm
I met quite a guy at the grocery store today, an older man wearing a raider's jacket and cap. I stopped him in the back aisle, the one with meat and fish and cheeses to exclaim. I also happen to be for the Raiders next week.

We had something like a twenty minute conversation on this and that, generalizing but specific re our lives. I told him I hope to have coffee with him and his wife next time.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2015 01:18 am
I had dinner with my cousin this evening. We went to a Jewish deli. Not kosher, but Jewish.

I ordered two things I rarely eat but remember from my childhood: stuffed derma and stuffed cabbage. (If my teeth were better, I would have ordered a giganto deli sandwich. My cousin had corned beef, pastrami, and salami.)

The waitress asked me how I liked the stuffed cabbage. I said it was good, but not as good as my grandma used to make. Remembering my grandma's brilliant cooking made me smile. This led me to remembering helping her in the kitchen. Another smile. After the waitress left, my cousin chimed in that my grandma was a great cook. Another smile.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2015 02:15 pm
@Roberta,
My grandma and grandpa visited us when I was two years old; they visited because my dad passed away, and they attended the funeral in Sacramento. I remember they brought my brother and I toy guns with belt and holster.
Many years later when my wife and I visited Japan, we visited our family grave site where my father is entombed with other family members. My uncle brought his ashes to Japan after the funeral. It was rather awkward and sad, because I couldn't speak Japanese well enough to communicate with relatives.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2015 05:41 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I missed this until now, Tak.

<understand>
0 Replies