realjohnboy

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 05:50 pm
@spendius,
thank you
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 06:18 pm
@spendius,
And so are you, spendi. I mean that in the nicest way.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 06:28 pm
The rolling rollicking thunder and follow up cloudburst made me smile today - the sound show and the rain for themselves, but also the fact that I now don't have to water the garden, just this once.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 08:43 pm
Getting our Egyptian folkdance instructor to demo Hagallah as one of the options for next session - and having the class vote it in as our choice! whooooooo hooooooooo

that made my 3/4 shimmy particularly joyous
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 10:04 pm
@ossobuco,
Oh, Osso, that's what would really make me smile from ear to ear.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 10:37 pm
@ossobuco,
Thunderstorms, rain clouds, and rain! Wow, wish we had some of that here in Northern California.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2009 07:09 pm
An employee of mine and his girl friend are having computer problems. Each needs a new mouse. The question posed today was this: should they go to the store and ask for 2 mouses or 2 mice? I am going with the former, but I can't explain why.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2009 07:23 pm
@realjohnboy,
Mice is a rodent; mouse is what we use with our computer. he he he...
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2009 09:38 pm
I am writing out my notice of intent to vacate from my horrid apartment complex right now.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2009 09:48 pm
@Aldistar,
Oh, good... I know you've been patient with that, Aldistar.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 05:19 pm
I had a day with my mother today. Usually that happens at her home, but today it happened in my town. We wandered around Cambridge where we lunched, window-shopped, and talked about plants and gardens. It was actually really nice.
JLNobody

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 05:47 pm
@littlek,
It's quite obvious that Littlek is a sweetheart.
littlek

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 08:04 pm
@JLNobody,
Aw shucks! It takes a sweetheart to know a sweetheart.
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 09:26 pm
Hearing the word "sweetheart" so many times, that I've re routed my day tomorrow to pass Sweethearts bakery, and pick up a famous blueberry pie.

Smiling, have a pint of vanilla.
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 08:42 pm
You have just caused an error that took the life of one of the hardest working hamsters. But the good news is that we wrote down the error and will give it to our overlords so that they can figure out how to make it not happen again.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 08:52 pm
the man that went out of his way today to make sure to tell me he thought I was beautiful. Smile
Rockhead

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 09:52 pm
@shewolfnm,
leaving voicemails for out of town friends as I drove to take gram shopping.
dlowan

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2009 01:35 am
@Rockhead,
This is going to sound weird........but it was following a happy and laughing and joking African mum, and her three kids across a road and down a street.

The whole family, from mum, through adolescent daughter, down to the littlest girl, were all laughing and making a game of getting across the road, and also all holding hands affectionately and kind of skipping along.....

Because Australia has especially targeted African refugees from the worst areas of war and genocide for immigration recently, at work, I usually see desperately traumatised adults, or adolescent parents, who have done awful things to their kids.....and the poor little kids.

It was such a joy to be reminded that that is not all, and of the joys and beauty of the continent and its people.

0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2009 02:33 pm
Ah yes... a little perspective is always good!
0 Replies