What made you smile today?

Roberta

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 02:03 pm
Not embarrassed to admit that I kissed a bottle of medicine today. Hugged it too. Smiled big time.

Life takes some very strange turns.
Roberta

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 09:07 pm
@Roberta,
Smile turned to a laugh out loud. Could not get the top off the bottle.

C'est la vie.
dlowan

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 01:33 am
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

Smile turned to a laugh out loud. Could not get the top off the bottle.

C'est la vie.

Bang the lid on a kitchen bench.

Is it off?

Shocked
Roberta

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 08:11 am
@dlowan,
Not the banging kind of a lid (push down and turn).

The people at the clinic put the med in the bottle. They can help me get the top off--or give me a more amenable bottle.
Roberta

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 01:35 pm
@Roberta,
NObody could get the top off. Got a new, openable bottle. Looking forward to trying the med.
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2008 03:16 pm
My little nephew spent the night a few days back. Small spongebob air matress at the foot of our bed. Middle of the night, he was dreaming. Talking. I heard him say: "I'm not afraid of you, I'm five."
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2008 05:21 pm
That's adorable, Alex. Stuff for the books. Did he remember what he was dreaming about, assuming you asked?

I actually smiled at 6:45am this morning when my hubby and I rolled up to our polling place and saw that the parking lot was jammed.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 05:59 am
http://cache.boston.com/globe/2008/11/05/today_thumbnail.jpeg
littlek

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 08:31 pm
@Region Philbis,
I bought a copy of that paper, first Globe I've bought in years.

I've been breaking out into spontaneous, tearful grins today.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 05:27 am
we found this on a drawing yesterday... had a big laugh about it...

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/4558/bart00zl3.jpg

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/7349/bart01jp1.jpg

Mr. Green
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 11:07 am
kickycan wrote:

How do you feel about these people? This clip was taken on the subway in NYC on election night.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 01:15 pm
Spending the last day and a half with my best friend. We've been friends since we were in high school. Over 35 years now, and it's still the best thing ever to spend time with her. We usually see each other 2 or 3 times a year and we just have fun!
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 03:10 pm
hearing my daughter on the phone Smile
Izzie

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 05:01 pm
@Seed,
Getting a multiply from a mate and signing onto A2K to read a poem. BIG HUGE MASSIVE SMILE.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 05:15 pm
@nimh,
Of course I'm crazy with interest on that, nimh..
the book crossing - I'm sure I left books in italy but never filled in the form bit -
but also you and your associates' interests.
and for sure the garden.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 05:17 pm
@ossobuco,
Well, that one will surprise folks, as it's a response to a nimh post of five years ago.... beg your pardon!
ossobuco

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 05:27 pm
@ossobuco,
Meantime, I was happy talking about my grocery store purchases with the bagger... who had a gorgeous accent, so I asked her where she was from, turned out to be Jamaica. She caught on that I was planning for egg rolls, and we worked out the ingredients from the passing stuff, shrimp, mung bean threads, and so on. She's light waves sharp in contrast to the Checker, but I'm talking with him too. He shops at THAT particular store because he knows where everything is.

OGIONIK

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 01:46 am
@ossobuco,
i head to my moms house, get there, walk in, wonder where and why the dogs arent mauling me,sit down, i spin the big ass chair around and see them walk past the glass door, ears perk up, eyes lock on me tails wag and im like oh shiiiiiii, they burst thru the dod door and launch themselves directly into me tongues alll over my face, i feel the chair start to til and it was good game, it fell backwards and the dogs continued their attack.

i hate it i laugh like a little kid when they do that.
sozobe

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2008 11:27 am
@OGIONIK,
Aww...

For me, just completed an act of epic Googling that's got me grinning.

Backstory -- sozlet has a stuffed animal that is very special to her. Beary was a gift when she was a small baby and is the one stuffed animal who sleeps with her every night.

He's gotten pretty well worn and we've had a few conversations where she's asked me what he used to look like (very soft and fluffy) and whether we can make his fur that soft and fluffy again. I had a series of conversations with the company that made him two or three years ago asking a) if they still make him (no) and b) how to refluff him (a few suggestions were made, nothing worked).

Additionally, we've had a few close calls, where he's gone missing for a bit (and then turned up again).

I just decided to have another go at trying to find him somewhere online. Even though sozlet cut off his tag long ago I remember the maker (partly because of the previous conversation). I checked eBay (maker, bear) and there was a finite selection -- 50 bears. Scanned all the pics, not him. One description (no pic) sounded a lot like him though and was from about the right time, so I sent an email to that person for more info. That bear was in "good" condition ("normal wear") and $40. While I waited to get a response, I thought I'd plug in the additional info (year, the word "beanie") to the Google search box and see what I could find.

Two results away -- there he was! Fluffy and soft and exactly what he looked like when he first arrived. Sporting a tag and "excellent condition." $15!!!

I went ahead and ordered -- figured that at least I can keep him as a spare in case Beary does go missing at some point. Thinking about giving this one to sozlet for Christmas -- we always write cryptic clues on our gift cards and might say something about this box being a time machine. Can imagine the look on her face when she opens the box and it registers.

But current Beary is so special to her, not sure how that would work.

Figure it's better to have the bear and then make the decision later than rue missing the chance.

Amazed that I found him!
ossobuco

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2008 11:52 am
@sozobe,
Maybe the New Bear can help watch over Old Bear... dunno.