What made you smile today?

aidan

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2008 09:02 am
@Walter Hinteler,
yeah - that's what I was afraid of - having to go through that intermediary storage sight - but I'll try it - I think it's worth it - thanks;

or where do I find this image data sign? (as a possible alternative) is it right here on a2k somewhere?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2008 09:03 am
@aidan,
Give us the url???? For the source, I mean.

aidan

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2008 09:09 am
@dlowan,
http://www.sternfannetwork.com/forum/showt... that's the url - won't show the cartoon, but I'll try copy and pasting - etc. or I'll be talking to my friend later and I'll try to get a direct link

0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 05:24 pm
Watching a sixteen stoner in tight black trousers restore her backside to the bar-stool on returning from a visit to the vanity suite.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 05:28 pm
@dlowan,
a dog's cold nose in my eye - she was holding my face in place so that she could clean it - gotta love a thorough dog
ehBeth

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 09:40 pm
@ehBeth,
going to the baseball game down at the dome with Set tonight - on the way back we met a couple from Myrtle Beach who'd come to the game from Detroit, two Cuban reporters who'd been in the press box and had interesting info to share, and a buncha other interesting people on the streetcar - everyone had something to say about the game.

baseball's interesting. it's one of the only places where I'm much noisier than Set - and I dance for both of us.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 04:11 am
Yesterday I was going home on the bus and an acquaintance of mine sat with me. She is older and a librarian. Reminded me a tiny bit of Noddy so I let this woman into my life, but only a little. Because this woman is kinda annoying and will talk your ear off. But it doesn't kill me to be kind and listen for the 25 mins or so we're riding home.

Anyway, she was saying something about the television programs her children watched when they were younger and I said that was after my time.

"Really?" she says.

"Yes." I said. "I was born in '62."

She says, "My, you're remarkably well-preserved."
spendius

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 04:38 am
cicerone imposter claiming that "easier to read and understand" = "better" on the intelligent design thread. Like Tommy the Tank Engine.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 09:04 pm
@jespah,
I was googling for a thread referencing the words "living upstairs" at a2k

came upon this

http://www.virtualvenice.info/media/vector.htm

Quote:
Roaming the Web, I found a reminiscence by an artist who calls herself "ossobuco" in a discussion group on the site Able2Know. She speaks of living upstairs from where Wiegert and his colleagues built the super-car. "I only saw him drive the Vector … at a stately pace, but I could hear what it might do, rrrrmmmmmmmmmmmm." The artist describes the upstairs of the old Eagles lodge building as having seven broken windows when she and a colleague made it over into a studio/gallery. "Among the charms of the place was the stack of marble squares and other items from an old Spanish church put in the back lot by the owner of the building. And the Comeback Inn a few doors down, where the Canaligators used to play on some Sunday afternoons."

not what I was looking for, but definitely smile worthy
ossobuco

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 09:37 pm
@ehBeth,
I think that was the guy who lived there/had a studio there too, not too long after myself and business ptner #1. That was where I met my later husband..

Or maybe that was a second guy.. aside from (I think) this guy's post on an a2k car thread, the Venice in the Seventies thread, where he also might have posted, shows up every so often.. all those old Canaligators checking it out.

I was pretty perky today when, in an effort to start to arrange stuff for a garage sale, I went through the previously honed boxes of rejected clothes, and decided I could possibly now fit into some I'd rejected. Yep, into a dress I'd saved for years, and had never been able to wear, even the day I got it at the thrift shoppe.
So, lowest weight in ten years. Now trading some of what is in the reject boxes for new rejects....
ehBeth

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 07:46 pm
@ossobuco,
Have you looked at his Nobody Leaves Venice page?

http://www.virtualvenice.info/nobody/index.htm
ossobuco

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 07:55 pm
@ehBeth,
No, I haven't..

Oh, good, more fun, thanks for the link. We were sooooooo ahead of the present Venice curve, heh.
Well, never mind, it was good before the McMansions in the canals, well, and the.. and the...

Now I'll read the link and reread all that other posting. Maybe not tonight, I still have to make dinner.

Signed,
I didn't leave Venice until 1999..
ossobuco

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 08:05 pm
@ossobuco,
Before I look at the link, I'll say there was one fellow that I emailed back and forth with who had lived in the same place. Might be the guy with the link. Nice person, not to use the word nice.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 08:07 pm
@ossobuco,
and I hated the changes in the walk streets - which a pal and I had taken hundreds of photos of.. for a photo essay/urban design commentary that we never did do up, since I moved in a period of stress plus some twiddling re our writing. (I still have all the photos, and maybe our starter essays). I need to call her anyway...

Okay, okay, becoming quiet.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 08:14 pm
@ossobuco,
ossoB's making me smile
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 08:16 pm
@ossobuco,
Looked at it, not sure it's the guy I'm talking about, at all... in fact near sure not..

but I treasure it already for a couple of links.

Thanks for the fun.

ossobuco

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 08:27 pm
@ossobuco,
Me too!

Buncha wannabees and late suzies, male or female, on that list, she sniffs.. of the Writers come to Visit sort.

Which reminds me, re a key NYer article on med marijuana in CA something like six or eight weeks ago, very interesting article, Dr. Kush the name of it. I swear I just about know the building Kush works out of (I think I put a flyer there to get people to come to neighborhood stuff on potential zoning regs). But, never mind. That's all blue potatoes in Venice.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 08:39 pm
@ossobuco,
Yelps, Moe's there!

ossobuco

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 08:46 pm
@ossobuco,
and I'm near positive I know Helen Garber, who - if I'm right - had a good, even very good, early (re the seventies) gallery on W. Washington.
Thanks, ehBeth.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 08:52 pm
@ossobuco,
I've never been there - and I'm having a ton of fun browsing around in there.