What made you smile today?

carrie

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 06:04 am
Things that made me smile today ( I smile a lot!):

My cat trotting down the hallway so fast that she looked like she was in an old black and white high speed movie
My new top (stripey rainbow)
My dream still being fresh in my mind when I woke up
Toast with blackcurrant jam mmmmmmm

:-)
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 10:01 am
What you just wrote made me smile.
Why? I don't know but it did. Very Happy
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 11:15 am
I won two tickets to tomorrow's Red Sox game!!!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 05:40 pm
a pm from hamburger - mrs. hamburger's second cataract surgery is scheduled!

~~~~~~

an email from my dance instructor ...

it starts with

Quote:
4 "kiss my butt" step to the R (push hands fwd, hips back, cute-smile!)
4 "kiss my butt" step to the L - stay looking diagonal to the L
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 10:51 pm
I was the gym teacher today, I had three 5th grade classes and three kindergarten classes. The first 5th grade class was bad, but the second 5th grade class was totally out of control. Luckily they were, mostly, very funny as well. At one point, on of the girls got up, walked over to a particularly obnoxious boy, pinched his ear and dragged him over to sit next to me so that he was less tempted to keep disrupting the class.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 10:59 pm
laughing..
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 11:02 pm
They were very funny. But, totally out of control. We got nothing accomplished and I became hoarse.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 11:06 pm
littlek wrote:
...At one point, one of the girls got up, walked over to a particularly obnoxious boy, pinched his ear and dragged him over to sit next to me so that he was less tempted to keep disrupting the class.

That girl is prime leadership material! Bravo! Laughing
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 11:10 pm
If I'd done that I'd have been in trouble! That girl quickly degenerated with most of the rest of the class. Two kids were out because they were 'broken'. One had a broken knee-cap and one a broken arm (both girls). We got one game of three done. When the teacher came to collect them, they were completely off the wall - rather literally. He just stood there and enjoyed it. Kudos to him. I had this 5th grade class in computer lab one afternoon as well. This group also ran right over me then, too.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 11:21 pm
You do realize that yesterday was Friday the 13th, k? :wink:
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 11:24 pm
Aha! But, the day of the computer lab was not.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 11:26 pm
littlek wrote:
Aha! But, the day of the computer lab was not.

Ah, so those little kids are like that all the time? :wink:
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 11:29 pm
So it seems, they even claim it's so themselves. "No one can ever control those guys." "No matter what you do, they won't listen." This from their peers. MsO, have you ever noticed that certain years, a given class is just hard to handle? At my previous school it was the 2nd graders - most of the classes. At this school, it seems to be the 5th graders.

But, I am digressing, though I'm still chuckling.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 11:39 pm
littlek wrote:
So it seems, they even claim it's so themselves. "No one can ever control those guys." "No matter what you do, they won't listen." This from their peers. MsO, have you ever noticed that certain years, a given class is just hard to handle? At my previous school it was the 2nd graders - most of the classes. At this school, it seems to be the 5th graders.

But, I am digressing, though I'm still chuckling.

Year 8 in Oz secondary schools are notorious, k!

You get one of the "famous" ones & you'll certainly know about it! ("why me, Lord? Why did I get 8D, & not someone else?", you ask yourself? Laughing

I have had many a moment of painful, crippling & debilitating self-doubt with some of the more "colourful" year 8s! :wink:
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 12:11 am
You guys all crack me up. I think you are funny. It is still Friday the 13th where I am at. So, what made me smile today? A lot of things. How much time do you have?
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 02:07 pm
Saw my first wedding of spring today. Had heard a bagpiper while loading groceries in the car and then when I turned the corner there they all were milling on the church steps while the photographer tried (in vain) to contain them for a group shot -- the ring bearer chasing the flower girl, the bridesmaids in matching dresses of a truly hideous blue -- and for once it wasn't snowing. It was so chaotic I had to smile.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 02:40 pm
We got Lisa, one of my key employees, married off today. A bunch of us from the shop went to the Zion Union Baptist Church, a church with an African-American congregation. There were a fair number of white folks there. The groom works for an insurance company, so there was a contingent from his office.
And Lisa had warned people that there were going to be some Goths and Punks with lots of tattoos and visible body piercings. There were some stares, but not glares. And it was very nice.
One of my other employees, Lisa's niece, sang a number of songs. I had heard that she was a good singer. I didn't realize how good.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 08:28 pm
What made me smile today was the mere fact that I know I tell the truth.
0 Replies

George

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 09:05 pm
tryingtohelp wrote:
What made me smile today was the mere fact that I know I tell the truth.

Always a good reason
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2007 09:31 am
Two months ago, I noticed a nice pendulum table clock on the French ebay website.
It was the very first offer from a Belgian antique shop ... and thus I got the clock for only 1 EURO more than the starting price.

It didn't work, as advertised, but arrived as described, safe and very fast.

Our clockmaker tried successfully to get a broken piece from one of his collegues - but it took some time - and repared and cleaned it.

And today I got it back! It fits nicely with our other furniture, I think:

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/9042/uhr1919x1285rj1.th.jpg

But additionally (and that was my mean reason to get it) some details of the clock ...

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/3951/uhrdetail600x402kb2.th.jpg

... are nearly the very same as on one of our tables

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/8190/tischdetail1950x1306mk1.th.jpg

And so I'm smiling all the day about the result of that bargain deal. :wink:
0 Replies