My wife's affair with my friend???

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2017 06:40 pm

The guy was supposed to be my "best friend". For five or six years they had an affair (even in my own bed and my son's bed). I never caught them, she finally told me about it and said she loved me and would never do it again and will never see or talk to this man again, should I forgive her, and how can I ever get my trust back, and get this knife I feel is sticking in my back out??? how long before the pain goes away, because I don't even want to live anymore, it hurts so bad.*
The guy's got an a** kicking when I see him, but should I trust her again
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 2,352 • Replies: 12
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2017 11:44 am
Your BEST friend and your wife have a 5 year affair and you were clueless all this time?

You are neglectful or just unaware of things going on around you.

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2017 07:28 am
@justinsparky72,
Quote:
but should I trust her again
Should you? Probably not. She does not really deserve your trust. But this is the wrong question to be asking yourself. The real question is this. Can you forgive her? Seriously sit down and think about that question. Because if you can forgive her, and if she is seriously wanting to make things work with you, then you will have to learn to trust her again. Trust can be rebuilt. It will take a long time, but I know it can be done. You will just have to give it time. But if you cannot forgive, which means getting to a point where it is never brought up again, even during future arguments, then trust will never exist for you and living daily without being able to trust the one person in the world you should be able to trust is not living well, in my personal opinion.

Good luck to you, whatever you decide.
0 Replies

justinsparky72

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2017 08:34 am
@PUNKEY,
Nice advice....
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2017 11:16 am
@justinsparky72,
I don't know, can't tell. I didn't saw her face when she told you nor how sincere she was. Try to recall the conversation and see how you feel about it. 5 years speaks volumes but doesn't fail proof a valid answer...Also chose your friends wisely.
0 Replies

justinsparky72

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2017 12:36 am
Geez!!!! some advice here........lame-ass excuse for support group....SMH
CoastalRat

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2017 07:28 am
@justinsparky72,
Your question was, "should I trust her." I believe both Fil and I gave a direct answer to that question. You did not ask for advice, but rather an answer to a question. Now if you want something more than what we can give you, may I suggest sucking up and taking your wife to a professional counselor and paying for his services.

Without knowing you or your wife, we cannot categorically state whether she can be trusted going forward.
0 Replies

Tiger81

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2017 11:03 am
@justinsparky72,
this is definitely not a support group, its an open forum, and they are some very judgemental narrow minded people on here.

But IMO, you can;t trust her.
justinsparky72

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2017 10:04 pm
@Tiger81,
You can say that again!!!
0 Replies

WineNot

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2017 06:11 pm
@justinsparky72,
I don't think we know enough about the situation. For instance, why did she tell you about it? Had you asked or did she just blurt it out for no reason? I agree that 5 years is a long time for you to remain clueless (but again, we don't know the details).

We can't answer if you should forgive her or not. Does she seem to TRULY remorseful? I would suggest counseling (both couples and individual) to see if you think you will be able to move past this and forgive her. I don't think you will ever forget what happened and you will have doubts for awhile (even if you do decide to give her another chance). I think it will depend on her and how she handles the responsibility for what she did.

I am sorry you are going through this- what a blow (to have your wife AND your best friend betray you like that). I wish you the best!
0 Replies

davycoolguy

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2017 05:10 am
If you assault the man, you are an idiot and ruin your life further. No woman is worth it. Cut your losses , move on and never get married again. Enjoy as many women as you can in your life without the emotional attachment and you will be much happier.
0 Replies

Thor9090

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2018 08:12 am
@justinsparky72,
I know this is an old post. No clue if your still checking this. I was in the same situation. However this is my wife best friend i was having an affair with.

Let me explain this to you a different way. Might help.

I had a full on affair for 9 months with my wife's best friend. We both are married with kids. She would invite me over to her house when her husband was away. I have sex in her and her husbands bed twice, in the back of her car, even at her husband in laws house guest bed. It's total disrespect bro.

I felt so bad. Like i just had sex in the bed her and her husband sleep in!? Like it does not get much more disrespectful then that. I never did the same. It was always at her house or in-laws.

a 5-6 year affair seems crazy long man. I had a 9 months full on (Sex, kissing, Emotional, Texting daily, etc) affair and on and off casual texting for a few years (Nothing crazy serious). You really need to find out what happened in the 5-6 years. Maybe sex was only a few times? Maybe it was emotional texting for awhile? You never know.

As for trusting her bro. Dude idk man. I would say no way.
0 Replies

bobdobalina

Reply Mon 7 May, 2018 08:04 pm
thats quite a time in your life thor did either spouse ever find out
the other woman must have been a red hot babe ,who instigated your moments together as sometimes its just irresistible
0 Replies