Need advice

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2017 02:29 pm
I swore after my ex husband cheated on me I knew I would never be involved in anything like that. That was 4 years ago. About 2 1/2 years ago I met someone online who wanted to just chat and talk. I continually called him out because I could tell something was up. Then he disappeared after we had chatted on and off for year. No harm no foul because I was dating other people because I just hd a feeling. Fast forward to about 6 months ago when he resurfaced and admitted he was married but had missed talking with me. Yes it sucked he lied to me but once again I wasn't shocked because I knew something was up and I didn't want to go down that path. Well we continued talking off and on. Then it happened. We met in person. Then we started meeting more often. And then things turned physical. I'm not stupid, I know he isn't leaving his wife or going to tarnish his name in our community because he is well known. I'm so on the fence about how to handle things. Where we are is something both of us want.

I have never in my life been in a position like this and I am well aware I am being a hypocrite.

How do people handle and deal with things like this!?!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 572 • Replies: 2
No top replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2017 02:42 pm
@onthefence2511,
When your husband cheated on you, I'm guessing you had a few choice words for him and for the person with whom he cheated. Maybe you called your husband a bastard for cheating. If so, consider this. You are now involved with a bastard. Why would you want to be involved with a cheating bastard?

I made a point to someone else on here in exactly your situation. The reason she doesn't care about sleeping with another woman's husband (again, even though she probably hated her husband cheating on her) is because she doesn't give a damn as long as she gets what she wants. If this is how you feel, then there is not much advice to give.

Anyway, if you are happy being the other woman, and doing to some other woman what you had done to you, then fine. But remember, if he is willing to cheat on her with you, then he could and probably will cheat on you with someone else. Heck, maybe you are just one of a couple of women he is fooling around with behind his wife's back. Just something to think about.

I think you know what you should do. You don't need advice as much as the confirmation that ending it is the right way to go. Consider my as confirming that you should walk away permanently from him.

onthefence2511

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2017 02:47 pm
@CoastalRat,
That is totally true!!!!! And considering I had not been in a physical relationship since my ex .....yes almost 4 years.....this is not about getting what I want sexually.

I have very seriously considering cutting contact bc I know in my mind it is going no where and it is wrong. My heart says different bc of course I want to think bc we have talked as long as we have that he feels something for me....but reality is......probably not.

I guess I'm looking for feedback and a chance to vent bc I can't with my friends bc they already told me to leave it alone and they don't know that it has progressed to a physical relationship.
0 Replies