Crossroads of a nation-Why we need Bush to win

Xena

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 08:32 am
Armyvet35 wrote:
Just curious about a couple things...

How is kerry going to recruit 40,000 more people to send to Iraq, and replace those that will be putting in early retirement and those that will get out because they refuse to serve for him, and also do this while dropping all stop-losses? After all he would never do a back-door draft by allowing stop loss to continue right? He will let those soldiers get out that are on stop loss right now right? Oh and he will bring home all national guard and reservists too correct?

Thats a pretty tall order to fill.....

Oh and all the while keeping that defense budget down, giving the military pay raises and better benefits, not dropping tax cuts for people under 200,000, providing healthcare for every american, leaving no child behind, taking care of all the poor, funding more programs, fixing medicare, and creating 10 million jobs too..... all the while reducing the deficiet..... hmmm where is the money going to come from again?

He'll wave his magic wand. When you talk about campaign promises, he takes the cake!!!

BTW Free duck:
Quote:
hint to Xena: that was your opportunity to just let it go....

I am serious about Tammie! Don't have to tell me when I shouldn't or should post a reply to someone. NOYBeeswax
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 08:36 am
Xena, I can see why everyone gets along with you so well on this thread.

That's an interesting perspective on the stop losses there, armyvet. I still don't recall Kerry saying he'd stop it, though there are plenty of democratic groups decrying the practice. I don't actually have an opinion on that whatsoever.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 08:37 am
FreeDuck wrote:
Well, how's Bush going to do it? Will stop losses cover it? How did Bush manage to find the money to fight two wars halfway across the globe while giving tax cuts?
Deficit spending, which Bush doesn't deny. Kerry is living in fantasy land with all his promises. She left out Blue Cross/Blue Shield for practically everyone, full cargo screening, border tightening, etc. all without raising taxes? Laughing And, most damning of all; he says it all with the same conviction as when he says he loves his family. Idea
And people say they're tired of the lies? Laughing
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 08:40 am
Armyvet35... earlier you asked for a source to look up bills and what not. Try here.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 08:42 am
O'Bill, actually, he said he would roll back the tax cuts on the top <something> percent, so that is, in effect raising taxes.

But I don't see how even Bush can continue without doing something about the deficit spending. We're bumping up on the limit as it is.
0 Replies

Xena

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 08:42 am
You guys don't even know when I'm trying to make up!! Rolling Eyes
Again, why do you feel I should leave it alone? Just because we disagree doesn't mean she doesn't we can't rationally discuss things? What about you? You don't like how I feel on things, you didn't outright attack me and I don't want to attack you.. Sorry about the MYOB comment.

As far as a Kerry win, I suppose the Dems will have to reinstate a REAL draft, seeing that not many people are going to want to reinlist if he's CIC.
0 Replies

Armyvet35

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 08:43 am
Just dont want them to say back door draft because that is not what it is most of those jobs on stop loss take a year or two of training.

I know when the hubby was a SF medic the training took 2 years to complete and he started with 200 people in selection and only 44 made it through phase 1 which was just field training... some people just cant hack carrying a 130lb ruck 100 miles Smile

Phase 2 eliminated alot of people as well

As did Robin Sage and a few other things like SERE training...

We do think about it, because my husband is in one of the Mos's currently under stop loss, and stop loss actually has some time restraints on it concerning when your unit is called to deploy and you have to be within a certain date to be put on stop loss.

Good thing is he has already served his 8 years, so he owes not one day to IRR status.

I dont believe people realize that soldiers who just sign up for 2 years and get out are still on IRR and can be called back at anytime until that 8 years on IIR has passed... its part of their contract....

When I got off of active duty I didnt owe one day to IRR myself.

It just kind of irritates me they are whinning about the stop losses and calling it this big backdoor draft, and if they feel that way will they stop it or be guilty of it Smile
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 08:48 am
Xena wrote:
You guys don't even know when I'm trying to make up!! Rolling Eyes
Again, why do you feel I should leave it alone? Just because we disagree doesn't mean she doesn't we can't rationally discuss things? What about you? You don't like how I feel on things, you didn't outright attack me and I don't want to attack you.. Sorry about the MYOB comment.

I hear you Xena, and I can tell you are trying to make up. In my book, making up kind of means just letting it go. She was giving you an out, calling a truce. That was your opportunity to start over by not bringing up the conflict. It's done now. She's not posting here anymore. Take a breath and focus your energy on getting your ideas across.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 08:51 am
Armyvet35 wrote:
It just kind of irritates me they are whinning about the stop losses and calling it this big backdoor draft, and if they feel that way will they stop it or be guilty of it

Kind of depends on who "they" are. Many people understand that a commitment to the military doesn't end when your active duty time is up. It's one of the many reasons why I didn't join up out of high school.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 08:59 am
Armyvet35 wrote:
.. sorry if you did.And BTW Im not much into finger poiting all woes on one individual since it took alot more people than Bush to go to Iraq...

Why dont you look for the congressman you put in office from your state, to speak on your behalf and take this up with him....hold him or her accountable as well. after all it was voted on....

You flip me the bird with this flippant post. I call your bluff and trot out all the reasons why my Senator has done more to fix our intelligence woes than any Republican and I don't even get a grudging.."well, I might have erred"

Sorry sister...you can't handle the truth!
0 Replies

Armyvet35

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 09:00 am
Well it has been used in the Democratic Campaign is why I ask.... Just wondering if people think it will automatically stop if a democrat is elected...

I will say absolutely not, considering the amout of time to train a soldier that is even remotely qualified to do those jobs....

The language jobs alone (Arabic) people cant even pass the DLAB test to get into that school and that school is a long one...
0 Replies

Armyvet35

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 09:04 am
hehe Panzade... show me Bill grahams sentate voting record from 1992-1999 and we will talk..

I wasnt flipping you anything, its just that if he wants to critize this admin on 9-11 I hope he has the senate record to back that he did not cut military and Intelligence funding in the Clinton years....
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 09:30 am
I don't have his voting record and he didn't criticize this adm on 9/11, he criticized its performance after 9/11.

In any case, you're a great addition to A2K.
0 Replies

Armyvet35

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 09:42 am
Its a fun forum Wink
0 Replies