Crossroads of a nation-Why we need Bush to win

Xena

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 02:19 pm
Traitor is mild for the pro Hanoi Kerry. I suppose meeting the enemy in Paris and marching under the communist flag in the war protests is OK with you. Not me. That is unless you are Communist. Then I would understand. I'm confident Bush will win, but find it pretty disgusting that anyone could Kerry the time of day... You should be informed as to who you are voting for. The man doesn't care about anything except himself and his career as a politician.
========================================
In 1991, as cochairman of the Senate Select Committee on POW/MIA Affairs, Kerry proved himself to be a masterful chameleon, displaying to the public at large what appeared to be an unbiased approach to resolving the lingering Vietnam POW/MIA issue.

But in reality, no one in the U.S. Senate pushed harder to bury the POW/MIA issue - the last obstacle preventing normalization of trade relations with Hanoi - than Kerry.

The Select Committee acknowledged in its January 1993 final report (page 6) that after the Vietnam War ended, American servicemen were left behind in captivity. In order to soft-pedal this abandonment, Kerry maintained there was "no proof" U.S. POWs continued to survive, but never produced evidence proving the abandoned POWs were dead, or who was responsible for their deaths, or where their remains were located.

Kerry never demanded that Vietnam explain.

On Sept. 6, 2001, by a vote of 410-1, the U.S. House of Representatives passed a bill known as the Vietnam Human Rights Act, which demanded that the government in Hanoi stop violating citizens' human rights. The bill would have cut off nonhumanitarian aid to Vietnam until it freed political prisoners, stopped persecuting ethnic minorities, and cracked down on the trafficking of women and children.

The bill was sent to a Senate subcommittee controlled by Kerry. From there it was never released to the Senate floor for a vote because Kerry, as a member of the Foreign Relations Committee, put a hold on the bill.

Kerry, forever the Hanoi loyalist, said he stopped the bill because he does "not believe that human rights and change in Vietnam can be forced through sanctions."

Mike Benge, a former Vietnam POW, accurately observed that "John Kerry has fought harder for the Vietnamese communists than he fought against them in Vietnam."

Sampley is a former Green Beret who served two 12-month combat tours in Vietnam. His awards include four Bronze Stars, the Army Commendation Medal and the Vietnamese Cross of Gallantry. In late January, Sampley and two other Vietnam veterans organized Vietnam Veterans Against John Kerry on the Internet at www.vietnamveteransagainstjohnkerry.com.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 02:44 pm
This piece of paper is all I need for a decision.

http://www.thefreespeechzone.net/images/charts/kerr_bush_nam.gif
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 02:52 pm
Did you expect anything else. Bush is macho when someone else is doing the fighting and dying. But when he has to put up the yellow streak on his back shines through. He is the epitome of a bully.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 02:56 pm
Yup, Panzade. It all boils down to personal responsibility.

Who in their right mind would call Kerry a traitor? Peeps who have been brainwashed by the far-right, I'm guessing.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 02:58 pm
This ain't no chickenhawk

"I consider the opportunity to serve in Vietnam an extremely important part of being in the armed forces..."
0 Replies

Xena

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 03:24 pm
What is really sad is you people actually believe Kerry. Why won't he release all of his records? Because it would put his war hero status in the toilet.. You all believe Kerry over hundreds of other Vets, all of them lied? That show how brainwashed or just hate Bush so much, it doesn't matter what crimes Kerry committed against his own Brothers..
=========================================

Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

-- U.S. Code, Title 18, Part I, Chapter 45, Section 953: Private correspondence with foreign governments
----------------------------------------------------------------------
"At least one former POW has stated that Kerry's testimony was used by North Vietnam to demoralize American prisoners during interrogations."

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any state, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any state legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any state, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability. -- United States Constitution, 14th Amendment, Section 3
By speaking to the North Vietnamese delegates, if Kerry's intent was to gain information to use to influence the United States to change its war plans, he broke a serious federal law. I would have to believe that the statute of limitations has been exceeded, so it couldn't be prosecuted now. Don't know why that didn't come up when he first ran for office, though, or immediately after his testimony.
============================================
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 03:25 pm
What the hell is the matter with you people? Confused Some of you folk's remarks about Bush, are every bit as hateful as Xena's are about Kerry. Unless I missed something, she hasn't violated the TOS a single time, yet she's repeatedly told she shouldn't post here. Why? Because she posts horribly slanted Anti-Kerry material? Who here thinks BBB should not post here because she posts horribly slanted ABB material? Does Xena's defense of her position sound that much different than Frank Apisa's defense of his?

Take off the partisan blinders folks and check yourselves. You're better than this. If everyone had treated me this way when I joined, I'd have thought you were the biggest bunch of jerks in cyberspace... Check out my early posts, and you'll see they were no more popular than hers (not that that's changed much :wink:). Outside of a couple of jerks, I got a bi-partisan welcome from both sides of the political fence. Despite my rough edges, utter lack of tact, and unpopular opinions; you guys helped develop a more user friendly style of posting. Look what you're doing here. Confused

Xena, I don't recall who PMed me, after sustaining similar attacks, but it went something like this:
Post whatever you want, listen to whomever you want and most importantly, ignore whomever you want. It was good advice and one of about 2-dozen Private messages, from friend and foe alike, encouraging me not to get discouraged with A2K. No PMs for the time being, so you get yours in public. :wink:
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 03:37 pm
Easy there big guy...but you know, I agree. Xena's threads have brought out some great rhetoric. I don't mind it at all. Fresh stuff. And there are hystrionics on both sides of the aisle...let's not forget.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 03:42 pm
Well I for one, totally DISAGREE! What the hell is the fun of this site if hyperpartisans can't get pissed off about the narrow-minded opinions of some other hyperpartisan? Laughing
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 03:52 pm
OccB said
Quote:
Does Xena's defense of her position sound that much different than Frank Apisa's defense of his?

yes Exclamation
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 03:58 pm
Xena is free to post all she or he wants. But when the citation is SwiftBoatVets which have been pretty clearly discredited it shows a real lack of understanding the facts.

I would say Xena is pretty indicative of the Bush supporters that a recent study found have no real grasp of reality. They think WMD have been found in Iraq, they think Saddam was involved with 9/11 and they think that the majority of the world supports the US invasion of Iraq. No wonder Xena thinks Kerry is a traitor. It shows a complete lack understanding of the constitutional definition of treason.
Maybe the best thing that can happen is Kerry wins and they continue to live in their fantasy world of Bush won and everything is OK.
0 Replies

Xena

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 03:59 pm
I have been trying not to stoop down to the level of the Bush haters. But, it gets increasingly hard. The "left" seem to think they are above everybody else and try to degrade the people posting, our President and anyone who has a different opinion than theirs.

I have yet to receive an answer as to why do they think Kerry will not release ALL of his records.. Why do they believe Kerry, over hundreds of Vets? They call them all liers because the Kerry camp does. Nothing that will bring them to the truth matters to them.. That is the sad part of debating the "left". It's not debating, it's a slug fest.. Typical, but it's sad that's what half of our society has become.. slugs.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 04:05 pm
Good point Piffka. How about stridency with a sprinkling of humour Xena.?..that's the difference between Xena and Frank...at least Frank makes fun of himself once in a while...how's that black eye Frank?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 04:08 pm
Precisely my point Panz. Hell, I chose my words for the effect. :wink: Everything takes place on both sides of the aisle... Since membership slants left, you'll never see a group of conservatives get away with bashing a liberal newbie like that... at least not for long. Xena's been taking it thread after thread and for what? Disagreement? When I got attacked like that, by folks with superior debate/defense skills than my own, both Craven and Setanta took a turn at slamming back, on my behalf... on points they didn't even agree with, just because they didn't care for the smothering. By the way, I'm not upset at all... I did choose my words for effect alone. Everyone can feel free to bash my positions as they please. The days of my inability to defend myself have passedÂ… or perhaps everybody just decided to treat me with a little courtesy. Idea

Piffka wrote:
However, it is my opinion that the TOS does consider that calling a US Senator "a traitor" is more than A LITTLE BIT OVER THE TOP.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Surely you jest. Bush gets called worse than that constantly.

parados Using information that has been proven false to your satisfaction is no excuse. There's people hear that think F-911 was all fact... there's even a fringe that believes Bush had a hand in 9-11 for laughing out loud. These are not good excuses to tell someone they should leave, IMO.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 04:12 pm
Point taken Bill...now could you ask your buddy Xena to lighten up a little? :wink:
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 04:13 pm
Perhaps you misunderstood me, I think Frank is great people, BBB too. Hell most of the people I like here are you sniveling lefties. I just don't think a righty should have to survive a gauntlet before you give them a chance. Her questions above are topic related, reasonable and relevant. Asking people to address her posts instead of asking her to leave her own thread is imminently reasonable.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 04:15 pm
I don't know what you mean, O'Bill. What's worse than being called a traitor? Has Bush been called a traitor? Sheesh, if he'd been called a traitor, then, we'd likely have Homeland Security down our throats.

Again, I say, come here as a newbie with a big agenda and don't start whining if you receive the welcome you deserve.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 04:15 pm
panzade wrote:
Point taken Bill...now could you ask your buddy Xena to lighten up a little? :wink:
Hey Frank! Do me a huge favor and tell these folks how you responded when I asked something like that of you? Razz :wink:
0 Replies

Xena

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 04:16 pm
parados wrote:
Xena is free to post all she or he wants. But when the citation is SwiftBoatVets which have been pretty clearly discredited it shows a real lack of understanding the facts.

I would say Xena is pretty indicative of the Bush supporters that a recent study found have no real grasp of reality. They think WMD have been found in Iraq, they think Saddam was involved with 9/11 and they think that the majority of the world supports the US invasion of Iraq. No wonder Xena thinks Kerry is a traitor. It shows a complete lack understanding of the constitutional definition of treason.
Maybe the best thing that can happen is Kerry wins and they continue to live in their fantasy world of Bush won and everything is OK.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 04:19 pm
Bullhonky Bill! McG and Tarantula used to haze every lefty newbie in here. You have selective memory. Those whose self importance outstrips their opinions will always be set on...no matter whether they're starboard or port.
0 Replies