Crossroads of a nation-Why we need Bush to win

Piffka

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 04:19 pm
<snicker> Keep going, Xena. You're becoming amusing.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 04:20 pm
Piffka wrote:
I don't know what you mean, O'Bill. What's worse than being called a traitor? Has Bush been called a traitor? Sheesh, if he'd been called a traitor, then, we'd likely have Homeland Security down our throats.

Again, I say, come here as a newbie with a big agenda and don't start whining if you receive the welcome you deserve.
Boy you were gone a while I guess. Threads were started accusing Bush of being in on 9-11 for crying out loud. Is that traitor enough? Laughing Go ask McTag what he thinks.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 04:30 pm
panzade wrote:
Bullhonky Bill! McG and Tarantula used to haze every lefty newbie in here. You have selective memory. Those whose self importance outstrips their opinions will always be set on...no matter whether they're starboard or port.
Show me one time McG ever told a newbie they shouldn't post here and I'll retract everything I said here. Idea I think my point was understood just fine by those not too partisan to hear it. No point in explaining further. Confused

Ps. I applaud Kicky's honesty. Laughing
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 04:30 pm
Kerry is going to win this election. Bush needs to go, because he is currently the most dangerous imbecile to be allowed into the Oval Office. His Daddy has helped him in EVERY aspect of his life; the National Guard; P.U.L.L.; getting on the Board of Directors for Harken; getting into Yale; etc., etc., etc. Judging by how this man operates, communicates, and destroys the english language every time he opens his mouth, it is no surprise that he is not running this country. When 60% of Republicans still believe Saddam had a hand in 9/11, it's understandable that they would believe whatever bullshit their illustrious leaders tell them,
because it's been Karl Rove and Dick Cheney who have been running this stunning failure of a presidential sideshow, and it's time for all of these imcompetent, lying morons to go.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 04:35 pm
Enter the leftwing version. Idea Now think! Laughing
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 04:43 pm
Whew! (fans face)

Is it gettin' hot in here, or is it just me?
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 04:58 pm
Leftwing version/Rightwing version and somewhere in between is the truth...go figure :-)
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 05:26 pm
Questions, observations and musings:

#1 Is Xena the actual Warrior Princess? And if so, is it wise for us to piss her off? She's got that shield, sword, and chakram after all and could easily destroy the lot of us.

#2 If there were 100 U.S. soldiers killed in single day in Iraq, but as a consequence (purely hypothetical) Dick Cheney was able to pocket a cool million, would he show the slightest bit of remorse or simply rub his hands with glee?

I say he would rub his hands with glee. He's a vile, loathsome, evil, despicable little man that worships the almighty dollar and has no concern for human life. I hope when he dies and goes to hell he is raped by as many demons as dollars he has made in his well-orchestrated, money-seeking Iraq mission.

Or am I being too harsh?

As far as Bush goes, he's a mindless little puppet who doesn't merit my consideration.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 05:31 pm
What does "scroll" mean?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 05:32 pm
means I'm moving on.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 05:35 pm
Thanks. I thought it meant read UP (as in previous posts) LOL.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 05:35 pm
Why am I the only person on this thread who is behaving in a calm, reasonable manner?

Everyone else seems to be strung tighter than a drum.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 05:42 pm
"I say he would rub his hands with glee. He's a vile, loathsome, evil, despicable little man that worships the almighty dollar and has no concern for human life. I hope when he dies and goes to hell he is raped by as many demons as dollars he has made in his well-orchestrated, money-seeking Iraq mission."

I'd hate to see you when you were adamant!
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 05:47 pm
Frankly, Gus, much as I admire you, I believe that rape as a punishment is wrong. Otherwise, my sweet, I think you are a very accurate judge of what's going down.
0 Replies

Xena

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 06:25 pm
Dookiestix wrote:
Kerry is going to win this election. Bush needs to go, because he is currently the most dangerous imbecile to be allowed into the Oval Office. His Daddy has helped him in EVERY aspect of his life; the National Guard; P.U.L.L.; getting on the Board of Directors for Harken; getting into Yale; etc., etc., etc. Judging by how this man operates, communicates, and destroys the english language every time he opens his mouth, it is no surprise that he is not running this country. When 60% of Republicans still believe Saddam had a hand in 9/11, it's understandable that they would believe whatever bullshit their illustrious leaders tell them,
because it's been Karl Rove and Dick Cheney who have been running this stunning failure of a presidential sideshow, and it's time for all of these imcompetent, lying morons to go.

What is amazing, not humorous is the constent whining about Bush. The Cheney/Rove fantasy is getting old.. Really..

Kerry is the joke.. Swiss boarding school, married twice to money. He never did anything in his life, except pretend he was a Senator.. That really qualifies him... I prefer Bush misspeaking to that drone Kerry has. Because you don't like the way he speaks, is a realllllly good reason to vote for the elite Kerry. I mean, if you can't see through his lies, him unable to make a decision on whether or not he was for the war. There is a problem.. The lies of the Democrats are obvious but you guys are so blind you can't see... That is amazing! Now here is a guy that has the courage to take both sides of the war in Iraq... That's real reassuring..
I feel safe with this guy, not! Shocked

KERRY: Left to his own devices, Saddam Hussein will provoke, misjudge, or stumble into a future of more dangerous confrontation with the civilized world.

KERRY: Yes, I would have voted for the authority.

KERRY: It's the wrong war in the wrong place at the wrong time.

KERRY: I think it was the right decision to disarm Saddam Hussein.

KERRY: We have traded a dictator for a chaos that has left America less secure.

KERRY: I'm glad Saddam Hussein is gone and I supported the notion of removing him.

KERRY: Those who believe today that we are not safer with his capture don't have the judgment to be president or the credibility to be elected President of the United States.

KERRY: To abandon our troops and recklessly leave Iraq, that's irresponsible.

DAVID LETTERMAN: If you had been elected to President in 2000, November of 2000, would we be in Iraq now.

KERRY: No
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 07:52 pm
Bush is a moron...Kerry is an intelligent, caring individual who would make a much, much better president than Bush...even if Bush were to live to 100.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 08:11 pm
Dookiestix wrote:
Bush needs to go, because he is currently the most dangerous imbecile to be allowed into the Oval Office. His Daddy has helped him in EVERY aspect of his life; the National Guard; P.U.L.L.; getting on the Board of Directors for Harken; getting into Yale; etc., etc., etc.

I wish his Daddy ahd helped him with the decision on Iraq.

Quote:
In his memoir, "A World Transformed," written five years ago, George Bush Sr. wrote the following to explain why he didn't go after Saddam Hussein at the end of the Gulf War.

"Trying to eliminate Saddam...would have incurred incalculable human and political costs. Apprehending him was probably impossible.... We would have been forced to occupy Baghdad and, in effect, rule Iraq.... There was no viable "exit strategy" we could see, violating another of our principles. Furthermore, we had been consciously trying to set a pattern for handling aggression in the post-Cold War world. Going in and occupying Iraq, thus unilaterally exceeding the United Nations' mandate, would have destroyed the precedent of international response to aggression that we hoped to establish. Had we gone the invasion route, the United States could conceivably still be an occupying power in a bitterly hostile land."
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 08:17 pm
Quote:
In his memoir, "A World Transformed," written five years ago, George Bush Sr. wrote the following to explain why he didn't go after Saddam Hussein at the end of the Gulf War.

"Trying to eliminate Saddam...would have incurred incalculable human and political costs. Apprehending him was probably impossible.... We would have been forced to occupy Baghdad and, in effect, rule Iraq.... There was no viable "exit strategy" we could see, violating another of our principles. Furthermore, we had been consciously trying to set a pattern for handling aggression in the post-Cold War world. Going in and occupying Iraq, thus unilaterally exceeding the United Nations' mandate, would have destroyed the precedent of international response to aggression that we hoped to establish. Had we gone the invasion route, the United States could conceivably still be an occupying power in a bitterly hostile land."
[/quote]

deja f*cking vu...
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 08:20 pm
Xena wrote:
The Cheney/Rove fantasy is getting old.. Really..

Boy, I agree with this... I can't wait to see them go.

Why do you think so many people were rushing to register? The incumbent needs to be voted out when he screws up this badly... it's a fact of life. He's a loser and he's on his way back to Texas already. Get used to it.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 08:33 pm
willow_tl wrote:
deja f*cking vu...

Norman Schwarzkoph knew it too.

Quote:
In a 1996 Frontline Special on The Gulf War General Norman Schwarzkoph spoke these prophetic words.

Gen. NORMAN SCHWARZKOPF: On the question of going to Baghdad_ if you remember the Vietnam war, we had no international legitimacy for what we did. As a result, we, first of all, lost the battle in world public opinion. Eventually, we lost the battle at home.

In the Gulf war, we had great international legitimacy in the form of eight United Nations resolutions, every one of which said, "Kick Iraq out of Kuwait." Did not say one word about going into Iraq, taking Baghdad, conquering the whole country and- and hanging Saddam Hussein. That's point number one.

Point number two- had we gone on to Baghdad, I don't believe the French would have gone and I'm quite sure that the Arab coalition would not have gone. The coalition would have ruptured and the only people that would have gone would have been the United Kingdom and the United States of America.

And, oh, by the way, I think we'd still be there. We'd be like a dinosaur in a tar pit. We could not have gotten out and we'd still be the occupying power and we'd be paying 100 percent of all the costs to administer all of Iraq.
0 Replies