Crossroads of a nation-Why we need Bush to win

panzade

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 09:47 pm
I respect the hell out of you Bill. Your decision not to vote for Bush signals doom for the Republicans this year. If you get it, the undecideds get it.
I could care less that you're not voting for Kerry.
0 Replies

georgia brown

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 09:53 pm
WHY ARE WORKING PEOPLE VOTING [D]
TO armyvet35 , you forgot he aplied for three student deferments.And did not get them, so he played the volunteer,and still deos! I dont believe a word Kerry says.And nor should anyone.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 10:02 pm
Georgia....Georgia

No peace of mind

Welcome to A2K
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 10:14 pm
Georgia, in case you missed this on page 4:

http://www.thefreespeechzone.net/images/charts/kerr_bush_nam.gif
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 10:14 pm
panzade wrote:
I respect the hell out of you Bill. Your decision not to vote for Bush signals doom for the Republicans this year. If you get it, the undecideds get it.
I could care less that you're not voting for Kerry.
I haven't said I wouldn't Panz. I said I didn't want to. Right back at you on the respect thing, but my vote isn't indicative of Republicans anyway. I haven't voted for a Republican since 1988. Check out the details here.

Welcome to A2K Georgia Brown!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 10:26 pm
Your vote is indicative of the independents Bill. You have moral and intellectual integrity, and that's why it's so hard for you to vote for Bush. I feel for you...I really do.
0 Replies

georgia brown

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 10:54 pm
that document proves that Kerry requested swift boat duty. after he failed to get a student deferment and was already a member of the navy . And I know Bush did'nt want to go! But how can you turn a blind eye to Kerry.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 11:07 pm
Kerry got 4 deferments, one for each college year and then asked for a fifth to study in Paris but was turned down. He then enlisted in the Navy. Nothing remarkable there.
0 Replies

Armyvet35

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 02:49 am
he whole attack on Kerry's service was initiated by the Republican campaign in order to keep him talking about this and not other issues. The fact that he refuses to engage them, to me, is an example of his superb judgment

Sorry our petition wasnt done on the net. It was done by good ole fashioned door to door to keep other people from signing since anyone can sign anything on the net... it wasnt a republican thing with us ... it was an Army thing.
Suberb judgement eh? I cant agree because most vets wouldnt mind backing up their war hero status, but then again not many vets call themselves heros or brag about their awards Smile

I dont know how to make it any clearer for the civilian population out there why it matters to us vets and those in the military.

The awards themselves are so damn hard to get, throwing them over a fence? My class A's still hang in my closet, taken very good care off, like they were on my last class'a inspection, I would never dishonor that uniform in anyway.

Many of us on deployments have seen soldiers do many more noteworthy things on deployments, and see the soldier get a pat on the back.

Kerry has 3 purple hearts, no loss of life or limb and he is out there water skiing and having a good time.

Shrapnel wounds are a very iffy reason for a purple heart, and it takes almost an act of god to get a silver star, and I have yet to see where and how he earned that. Id like to see how they justified that, as well do many vets in this country.
My dad and father inlaw did 5 complete tours to nam combined and cannot believe those awards, as do most of the vets I am with as a member of the VFW.

And like I stated before, generalizing what some soldiers did in nam, like Kerry did, by saying it was policy, would be like generalizing all the soldiers in Iraq doing what those prison guards did in Iraq, its untrue, unwarrented, and down right false. And it left a mark on the military.

Ill be honest ... had I been on a board of peers sentencing those guards in Iraq... all of them would have gotten at least 20 years for their actions. There are moral and ethical standards in the military that all soldiers know what is right and what is wrong, and I can tell you this.... if an officer witnesses something they should speak immediately or stop it, or punish those that did it. Those prison guards had a choice to do what they were doing and not do what they were doing, orders or not. They were told to humiliate and break down those prisoners, even I as a medic know the limits to that. No one will convince me they were ordered to do it, a picture says a thousand words, they enjoyed it until they got caught. There was no need to take pics of what they were doing, some were prison guards on the outside of the military (most of the offenders in iraq were all national guardsmen) And I wish that every one of them would rot in jail instaed of the public feeling sorry for them for carrying out orders. Most of the military do not believe those orders were given at all....the SSG in charge of those soldiers admitted he did something he knew was wrong and did nothing and all he got a 8 years... sad sad sad.....

Also as I said bush and Kerrys military records to me cancels eachothers out. I hope one day Kerrys records do get released... because I can guarentee with a certainty that his service wasnt honorable like you all want to believe.....

That 201 file could make or break him:

If he is telling the truth... he would have alot more votes and supporters...and could discredit alot of people

If he is lying he is the nations scumbag...and the vets he is accusing of lying would be vindicated, yes even the ones from nam...

So...this is why I know he isnt being honest about his service record, it would take less than 10 min to settle this and he refuses to do so...
0 Replies

Armyvet35

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 03:05 am
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Georgia, in case you missed this on page 4:

Where is the rest of the paperwork that goes with those things you linked Smile

Just incase you did know there are probably around 6 other pages to both of those things

Also the Bush paper work reads If I am Selected ina NON FLYING STAUS... hes a pilot, why in the world would he give up flying staus? he was aying no I do not want to go in a NO FLY STATUS... wow you havent been around people that are on flight staus have you Smile

You cannot pick and choose things out of your 201 file to support your case because there is paperwork on top of paperwork to go with the paperwork... my 201 file is over 300 pages long.....and you just pulled out a little bit of one page? That is supposed to convince me of what?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 03:11 am
You were in Desert Storm Armyvet, can't you see the difference in the way poppy Bush handled the whole thing and the way Jr. mucked it all up.? I mean all junior had to do was talk to his Dad for some guidance, but noooo. Junior was insistant that he was talking to a higher father...that's cukoo.
0 Replies

Armyvet35

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 03:54 am
We listened to the UN the first time... all of us in the military knew it was a matter of time before we went back... we didnt kid ourselves that Saddam would comply... sorry if you did

And BTW Im not much into finger poiting all woes on one individual since it took alot more people than Bush to go to Iraq...

Why dont you look for the congressman you put in office from your state, to speak on your behalf and take this up with him....hold him or her accountable as well. after all it was voted on....
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 04:16 am
Here ya go smartypants. My congressman...read how he voted against going into Iraq.

May 14, 2003
Graham: Iraq Focus Helped Al-Qaeda

The Bush administration has allowed a resurgence of the Al-Qaeda terrorist organization by focusing on toppling the government of Saddam Hussein in Iraq, Sen. Bob Graham said Tuesday ...

... "If Al-Qaeda is able to mount terrorist operations in Chechnya and Saudi Arabia on the same day, that's an indication that they are a substantially rebuilt organization with very significant capabilities," Graham said.

Graham reiterated comments he made Sunday charging that the Bush administration -- and specifically the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Central Intelligence Agency -- had information that was not acted upon prior to the Sept. 11 attacks, but which the administration will not allow to be released.

"There was information which the administration and its agencies knew before September the 11th that was not acted upon. That same information is available today -- it's not being acted upon today. That failure to act contributed to September the 11th and the failure to act today continues (to put) Americans in a vulnerable circumstance," Graham said. "I want to underscore -- we're not talking solely about history -- we're talking about threats to the American people today." ...

... Graham, who voted against the Senate resolution authorizing the Iraq war, said he believes it diverted military and intelligence resources away from the war against terrorism.

Al-Qaeda was "on the ropes" about a year ago but the shift of resources to Iraq has allowed it to regenerate, he said.
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 04:26 am
I am in a Republican State...my senators do vote the party line.
0 Replies

Armyvet35

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 04:26 am
Not being a smarty pants at all... he voted against it... most in his party didnt...So you are one of the few that can say your congressman stood by his convictions... most cant

Then I read he is blaming bush for 9-11 Smile

Hmmmm,,, he has been a senator for a long time can you hook me up with his votes on funding for Intel and military Pre bush?

Just curious if he voted yes to cuts in both of those areas while clinton was in office......

If he did he must also take responsibility for 9-11
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 04:29 am
You're fishin in the dark now...I see you don't know much about Senator Graham....and that's a pity.
0 Replies

Armyvet35

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 04:31 am
Panze im not fishing at all...

I see what he stated about underfunding the military and Intel pre 9-11

Military and Intel funding was cut drastically pre Bush I was asking where Grham stood on those issues...

No I dont know much about Graham... shall I assume you know everything about every senator in the white house at this very moment? I highly doubt it
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 04:34 am
I'm looking now, but my computer is slow..:-)
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 04:48 am
Well...read this very much to the point speech. And for the moment let's not quibble about who underfunded intelligence ok? No blame. Let's talk about what happened after 9/11.

Speaker: Senator Daniel Robert 'Bob' Graham (FL)
Title: Statement on the Iraq Resolution
Date: 10/10/2002

"Thank you, Madam President. I rise this evening to speak to my colleagues, but most importantly, to speak to the people of the United States, and especially my fellow Floridians.

In my service in the Senate, I have not shied away from authorizing the use of force, when I believed it was in our nation's interest. I voted to use force in the Persian Gulf in 1991. I voted to use force in Bosnia in 1992. I voted to use force in Kosovo in 1999. I have given the President of the United States a presumption of correctness in his assessment of our national security interest.

But Madam President, tonight I have to vote no on this resolution. The reason is that this resolution is too timid. It is too limited. It is too weak. This resolution fails to recognize the new reality of the era of terrorism.

And that reality is that war abroad will, without assertive security action, increase the prospects of terrorist attacks here at home. In fact, war on Iraq alone leaves Americans more vulnerable to the threat that is facing us today - those international terrorist organizations that have the capability to inflict upon us a repeat of the tragedy of September 11".

"I would also like to reinforce my conviction that this resolution forces the President to focus our military and intelligence on the wrong target. A historical example, which has been used in this debate, is the example of the 1930s- that England, France and other nations would eventually join in the world's greatest alliance, slept, while Hitler's power grew.

They say that passing this resolution is the equivalent of if the Alllies had declared war on Hitler. I disagree with that assessment of what this lesson of history means. In my judgment, passing this resolution tonight will be the equivalent of declaring war on Italy. That is not what we should be doing. We should not just be declaring war on Mussolini's Italy. We should be declaring war on Hitler's Germany.

With sadness, I predict we will live to regret this day, October 10, 2002, the day we stood by and we allowed these terrorist organizations to continue growing in the shadows. It may be days, weeks, months or years before they strike Americans again, and we will have allowed them to grow that capability."
0 Replies

Armyvet35

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 05:02 am
Nice speech, and I will respect him for sticking to what he believed to be right... eventhough I do not agree with him. I supported military actions for many years in Iraq pre 9-11 so you cant say I jumped on the Iraqi war wagon after 9-11.

-----------------------------------------------------------
With sadness, I predict we will live to regret this day, October 10, 2002, the day we stood by and we allowed these terrorist organizations to continue growing in the shadows. It may be days, weeks, months or years before they strike Americans again, and we will have allowed them to grow that capability."

But you see its wasnt 10 OCT 2002...
COLE
KOBART TOWERS
EMBASSY BOMBINGS
(to name a few)

We already were allowing the terrorists to hide in the shadows lurking, and they had the capabilities way before oct 2002... why did he forget to mention that fact in his speech...

we did nothing........

I also went to somolia and bosnia and my husband went to Kosovo and bosnia, Iraq and Afghanistan....

I did not support somolia and Kosovo, you saw what happened in Somolia, and our POW's in Kosovo...

9-11 I blame on both Administrations, I do not see how people cannot even look at all the cuts that happened before 9-11 and Blame Bush for that....
0 Replies